Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
TurtleBug Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:42:59 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Welcome to RAQ's Card Sketch Challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Use the sketches as inspiration. Choose one or all the sketches and please share your creations if you decide to participate.

Hi Everyone!
Here are the sketches for this week, hope you like them...have FUN!!

The EXTRA CREDIT is for you to make one of these sketches/or another of your choice, using a FLAG someplace on the card. This is in honor of all our Veterans on Nov. 11th, mail it to a War Veteran of your choice in appreciation of their service. My dear Brother is a Vietnam War Purple Heart Reciepient....my Extra Credit Card is going to him.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:07:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/31/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:21:37 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My cards this week are all cards for guys. When I was getting ready for the Craft Fair this past week-end I noticed that I was very low on my supply of guy cards...so here goes!!!

My #1 Sketch Card:

Embossing - Cuttlebug "Chicken Wire" folder
Circle & Squares - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
#1 Dad - Artiste cartridge
Added "screw" brads, and beige ribbon under the circle.
TFL!!biggrin][/size]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:28:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:40:43 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #2 Sketch Card:

Thank You - CTMH acrylic stamp from the "4 My Freind " collection
Banner - Artiste cartridge
Ovals - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Embossing - "Clockworks" Cuttlebug folder
Inked the white edges and added silver brads and metal swirl embellishment.
TFL!!BigGrin

TurtleBug Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:10:32 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #3 Sketch Card:

Shirt Background - I cut out from a JCPenney's Ad brochure
Embossing - "Fleur de Leis" Cuttlebug folder
Happy B'day - From an acrylic stamp set from Michael's
Border - Paper Trimmings cartridge
Red Foil Cardstock - American Crafts "Specialty Papers" stack
Ovals - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Added clear buttons, inked the border and sprayed it with Rust Pearl Mist.
TFL!!BigGrin

cstanzione Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:19:45 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Thanks Turtlebug for the great sketches love your sample cards love the #1 dad card great colors and the blue one is pretty also. Love the chicken wire is that a new folder never seen that one before?
Just finishing my cards from last week got side tracked with the storm will post later.Lost power for a little while, got flooded pretty bad got pretty scaryScared there for a while my house was surronded by water at one point had 3 feet of water in my basementOhMyGod flooded my boiler and water tank. and the ocean was half way up my back yardScared before it finally started moving out. I had 3 buildings that got flooded in my yard and no flood insuranceSad . But I'm alive to tell it so thats a good thing I guessBigGrin LOL .Got the water out of the basement last night about 1 am went to bed to get up to water in the basement all over again about 2 inches this time had to start all over again cleaning.Mad Angry Hope everyone else is safe.Oh you snuck in your last card when I was posting thats cute love the shirts and the red center great card.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:21:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked cstanzione for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/31/2012(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:28:56 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Turtlebug hope you did good at your fair wow you did a lot of stuff great job on everything. I was supposed to do one on the 27 but I didn't have the money to get into it and I'm glad I didn't I heard it was a bust nobody bought anything people who make food had to give it away cause they were stuck with so much stuff boy that sucks.
 1 user thanked cstanzione for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:50:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Cindy,
Oh my GodOhMyGod! You have been through ALOT!! Hope things get better for you and your family real soon. Be safe!! Now, to get caught up with your sketches, if you don't lose your electricity again.Sad Sad
Yes, these Craft Fairs take alot of work and the rewards aren't always so great. No more Fairs for me until after the holidays.
Thanks for all your nice comments!
Josie

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:58:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/30/2012(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:59:34 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

I haven't look out but it sounds like it's pouring out really bad right now with the ground soaked already thats not a good thing I'm tired of wakeing up to a wet cellar we just put everything back that we took out of there I thought this was over I think I need to go take a peak down there and see whats going on. be back

its raining cats and dogs but no water in the cellar as of yet I think its low tide so thats a good thingcan't really tell to dark out. I can see my sea wall somewhat looks ok for now. I guess i'll be surprised when I get up in the morning.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:22:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:02:57 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Turtlebug, wow, you got all your cards done already this week! now what are you going to do with the rest of your week? Oh, I guess you still have the flag one left to do right!?!?reat set of sketches by the way! Oh, I really like the look of your sketch 1 card! Love that embossing folder! I have never seen it before either! Love the screw brads too! Such pretty blues on your sketch 2 card! Love that swirl embellishment as well! I have never seen shirt paper before! Fun stuff! Oh, and thanks for hosting!

Cindy, oh my gosh, stay safe!!! Sounds like you have been through a lot! Praying it is almost over for you!!!

2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/31/2012(UTC), cstanzione on 10/31/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:04:49 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Turtlebug - Thanks for hosting again for us and choosing 3 nice sketches to use. The extra credit is a good one. We call it remembrance day but we use a poppy on our items. They raise a lot of money every year selling paper poppies to wear which goes to help ex servicemen in hard times and also the upkeep of the war graves both here and in other parts of the world.

Your 3 card samples are lovely, I do like your first one using that embossing folder of the chicken wire. Good for guys.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
AcrossThePond Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:06:18 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Sandy - what are you doing up!!! it must be the middle of the night.
AcrossThePond Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:08:57 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Cindy - so sorry to hear of all the flooding to your home, I do hope you got time to lift all your stuff from the basement in time. I am told there is nothing worse than being flooded from outside to a home as the water brings in alsorts. Thinking of you.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/31/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:55:51 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Good morning everyone. Here's this weeks colors. I'll be back later as I'm off and running early this morning.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/31/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 10/31/2012(UTC), cstanzione on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:42:57 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Thank you for the sketches and colors this week. I was just thinking the other day that I need to get working on some guy cards. They always seem to take so much more thought for me. Thank you for getting those sample cards done and posted so soon. My favorite is the #1 Dad card. I like the chicken wire embossing and those screw bads are just awesome. They are just so perfect for guy cards- especially men in my family.

Cindy- so glad you are safe! Sorry about all of the water in your basement. Crying I know living by the ocean is such a beautiful and fun place to live (we lived in Nevis- an island in the Caribbean-for 10 months while my husband was on a job to repair a resort from hurricane damage) We lived just right off of the beach with nothing to block the view from our view of the ocean. The sea breeze was fabulous.Wub I was just so thankful that no hurricanes came while we were there. ThumpUp

Here is a card for my wonderful daughter-in-law. I got it completed after finishing the sketches from last week. I used the window cut from Spring Cottage. I used a punch to make the shade in the window. I fan folded a couple of pieces of patterned card stock for the curtains. I embossed and inked the background. I cut two window boxes, embossed and inked the one for the top, and added some dimensionals between them. I also cut two pieces of the greenery for the window box from two shades of green. I glued one to the back box a little off set from the one on the front. I added some sparkly jewel flowers, curled some floral wire to make some little tendrils flowing from the greenery, and added a couple of dragonfly brads. The Happy Birthday to You was printed on my computer printer and the yellow scalloped circle is from a punch.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Window Birthday Card.jpg
 2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:44:33 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Good morning everyone! I'm logging in from the doctor's office. I'm at the waiting room as I got in earlier than my appointment. Lets see how much commenting I can do...

Turtlebug: thanks for hosting with very nice sketches. Your sample cards are all awesome and great idea with making make cards. Love love love your idea of using an ad paper as your background. So clever!

DeeScraps: thanks for Ad colors... very soft pretty colors!
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:50:33 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

cstanzione wrote:
Thanks Turtlebug for the great sketches love your sample cards love the #1 dad card great colors and the blue one is pretty also. Love the chicken wire is that a new folder never seen that one before?
Just finishing my cards from last week got side tracked with the storm will post later.Lost power for a little while, got flooded pretty bad got pretty scaryScared there for a while my house was surronded by water at one point had 3 feet of water in my basementOhMyGod flooded my boiler and water tank. and the ocean was half way up my back yardScared before it finally started moving out. I had 3 buildings that got flooded in my yard and no flood insuranceSad . But I'm alive to tell it so thats a good thing I guessBigGrin LOL .Got the water out of the basement last night about 1 am went to bed to get up to water in the basement all over again about 2 inches this time had to start all over again cleaning.Mad Angry Hope everyone else is safe.Oh you snuck in your last card when I was posting thats cute love the shirts and the red center great card.

I'm so sorry to hear about all you're going through! I couldn't get a hold of my dad last night and I now he didn't have power two nights ago. I'm afraid he might be in the same predicament as you. I'm praying for your safety
cstanzione on 10/31/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:52:53 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Joyful Carol: love your window card especially the flower box... It's so pretty!
Joyful Carol on 11/1/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:25:47 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Turtlebug thanks for the wonderful sketches and what a great extra credit.

Love your sample cards, boy you really cracked those out! LOL talking to you yesterday you were just getting started Wink .

Great #1Dad card and I can see how your Xyron would really be great for that cut. Love those brads. #2 Nice thank you card, great simple colors. #3 you are very clever love how you used the ad paper.

Now you have two more cards to make OhMyGod One with the flag and one with the ad colors LOL can't wait to see what you come up with

DEE - thanks for the colors, very pretty combination.

Sue - the Lyons Club here (a veterans club) have Poppie Day and sell the paper poppies to raise money also. sounds similar to what you have there.

Cindy Cindy Cindy - Oh my what a last few days you have had. I am so glad you and your family are all OK and hope you get things cleaned up and back to normal soon. Both my Navy grandsons are on the East coast, one in CT one in NH. Both were pretty lucky and did not lose power or have damage.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:16:42 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Turtlebug, thanks for the wonderful sketches. I made the Raiders cards useing
your sketches.

Dee, thankyou for the great colors.

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:43:12 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 614 post(s)
A friend asked me to make her some Raiders cards, for Xmas, so I used the sketches.
I hope it is okay. # 2 and # 3
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 047.jpg
# 3 sketch 032.jpg
TurtleBug Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:32:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Cindy,
I pray you are having a better day and that your basement and back yard problems have not worsen. It just breaks my heart when I see on TV all the devastation and lost of lives going on back East and pray things get better real soon.

Joyful Carol
Very nice B'day card for your DDIL. I love the lenghts you go to to create your cards, they are so detailed and you really think outside the box. Love the window box with all the greenery and the curtains look so real. GREAT work!!

Raquel
Hope the Doc gave you a clean bill of health and all is well with you!
You know JCP has quit having sales, coupons and discounts, so now they send in the mail these VERY expensive looking (to me), catalogs/brochures printed in glossy-like paper that is pretty thick and I go through there and cut out pictures of items I feel I can use as BG paper (watches, swimsuits, towels, shoes, bedspreads, etc.)....and they are so colorful!!

NanaDonna,
I guess I finally found my Mojo again, after dealing with the Craft FairLOL Yes, I now have two more cards to make and I hope I have time before my Hubby and I join you and your Hubby on Friday for our trip to Colorado to bring your Mom to Tucson for the Winter. Otherwise, will get them done on Mon. or Tues.
On the shirt paper....you know how the three of us are always looking at patterns to make into cards, even the patterns on the clothes our Hubbys and the three of us wear...we are just three CRAZY, NUTTY, FUNNY card-making sisters-in-lawLOL LOL !! .....Loving your new Avatar!!

BingoLady
Happy you liked the sketches to use for your order of Christmas cards. AND, you did an awesome job!!
#1 - LOVE the simplicity of the black & white with the simple wreath and how you hung if off the top corner. Very clean and crisp...and, not too busy!Laugh Laugh
#3 - Love the football with the football brads and the fern with the Bling. I see you worked your signature embossing in there!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:52:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
cstanzione on 10/31/2012(UTC), Joyful Carol on 11/1/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:37:48 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

DeeScraps,
Thanks for this weeks' Ad Color Challenge, like the combination and already have a printed paper in mind for it. Since I already made my three cards, I think I will use one of the three again for this challenge.
TurtleBug Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:44:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug, wow, you got all your cards done already this week! now what are you going to do with the rest of your week? Oh, I guess you still have the flag one left to do right!?!?reat set of sketches by the way! Oh, I really like the look of your sketch 1 card! Love that embossing folder! I have never seen it before either! Love the screw brads too! Such pretty blues on your sketch 2 card! Love that swirl embellishment as well! I have never seen shirt paper before! Fun stuff! Oh, and thanks for hosting!

Hi Sandy,
NanaDonna and our Hubbys are leaving for Colorado very early Friday morning to bring her Mom back for the Winter, so I really needed to get them done. So will eventually get the Ad Color and Extra Credit done by Tuesday night sometime.Unsure Unsure Unsure Unsure

Am loving the Chicken Wire embossing folder by PC. I bought it at Michael's and it comes with a border folder of a string of barb wire. I embossed some foil cardstock for a journal I made and it embossed so pretty on it. It is a must-have folder, for sure!!
Thanks for your nice comments, too!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:46:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:05:49 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I am working hard to get my cards done before we leave Friday morning. I hope to get at least 2 done before we leave.

Bingolady - WOW OhMyGod you really did a fabulous job on your Raider Christmas cards. Just the perfect touch of elements not too many just perfect!!!!! Love the simplicity and how closely you followed the sketches. Great combination of the Raiders colors and the hint of Christmas colors. I am sure she will like them.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:27:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, here is my sketch #1
The square and circle are cut using my Imagine and it's basic shapes.
The poinsettia was cut using my Cameo (Cool ) I sprayed it with glimmer mist so it has a shimmer to it. I couldn't add the little bow at the top is was just too much with the poinsettia.
Sentiment is a Gina K stamp that I stamped onto a Spellbinder label.

OK, off to start working on the next one
cstanzione Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:08:47 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers things are getting better waters out of the basement just waiting for it to dry now husband cleaned out the boiler and water heater so there good to go.
Some of my wood stuff that I used to paint got wet some I cleaned off and they dried out others will probably get thrown out wasn't that much I had them in plastic 3 draw totes on top of a chair never thinking we would ever get that much water. but things are all right now so thats all that counts.

On to better things here are my sketches from last week with Bingolady hosting

#1-Also Add Colors
Papers from The Christmas matstack DCWV
Pointsettia drom Kand Company
Ribbon from dollar bin
Sentiment from JOLLY HOLIDAYS CART.

Papers from Holiday Traditions Recollection matstack
MS border punch and snowflake punch and bling
Snowman from a Tag from Michaels
Cuttlebug folder snowflakes

#3-Extra Credit
Paper from Stardust matstack DCWV
Star from some embellishment didn't have packaging
Stamps Inkadinkadoo in the groove and rock star

Here is a pic from my basement and what I have been working on this last week also.

cstanzione attached the following image(s):
GEDC0766.JPG
GEDC0765.JPG
GEDC0767.JPG
GEDC0759.JPG
150275_172744019405497_6656917_n.jpg
GEDC0755.JPG
GEDC0753.JPG
GEDC0752.JPG
GEDC0751.JPG
GEDC0750.JPG
cstanzione Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:03:34 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

heres the rest
cstanzione attached the following image(s):
GEDC0749.JPG
GEDC0748.JPG
GEDC0745.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:59:28 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Extra Credit card for my dear Brother, a Vietnam War Marine Purple Heart Reciepient:

Sorry, no Cricut!Sneaky The medal, flag border and sentiment are all computer-generated. I used Diamond Glaze on the medal and it looks really cool in person. Hope he likes it!!

I had a very hard time signing in and typing just this post. Now hope I don't have a problem with Photobucket. Will leave my comments for the morning.

Edited by user Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:53:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:13:50 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Sue, I couldn't sleep so I had gotten up at 4:00 am yesterday! Sad

Dee, wonderful ad colors this time! Not sure if I have any of the colors, but I will have a look!

Joyful Carol, Oh wow, wonderful job on your window box card! I just love that flower box! Great embossing folders you used here!

BingoLady, you have totally outdid yourself on these two Raiders Christmas cards! They both are wonderful! Great job on them!

Turtlebug, sounds like a fun trip to me! Smile I bet when ever you girls get together it is loads of fun! Great extra credit card! It's perfect and he is going to love it!

Donna, lovely Christmas card! Great set of papers, and the poinsettia is beautiful! Love the layers too!

Cindy, oh wow, seeing your basement, it just really makes it come more to life! That's a lot of water! Sad Your three cards from last week are great! The snowman one is my favorite! Love everything about that card! Do you know, I made my first angel out of paper last week for an MSC project thanks to you! ThumpUp Oh my gosh, and now look at these angels...They are fabulous! I especially love all the ones with hair on them!

3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
Joyful Carol on 11/1/2012(UTC), cstanzione on 11/3/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 11/4/2012(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:05:59 AM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

RAQ- I hope you heard from your DAD and he is ok praying for your Dad and his safety.

JoyfulCarol-Beautiful window card love the color scheme.

NanaDonna-Glad to hear you GS's are safe I don't wish this on anyone I have been througha lot of storms but this one actually scared me . The water came up just a little to fast for my liking. Love the pointsettia card beautiful . I need to get me one of those cameos does a great job.

Bingolady-love the Raiders what great cards the one with the footballs is cute I'm sure they'll love them.

Turtlebug-what a beautiful card for your brother I am sure he will love it you did a wonderful job on this card the purple heart looks so real.

Sandy- Yes that is a lot of waterLaugh Im glad to hear you tried the angels I would like to see what you made. the glass angels I have been making for over 20 yrs. for the craft shows I do, there my best seller. every year I have different things in their hands and different styles depending on what xmas balls I can find at the end of the year. I get most of my ideas lately from Pinterest its great for ideas love it very addictingLOL .

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR THOUGTS AND PRAYERS YOU LADIES ARE GREAT.

Edited by user Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:06:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked cstanzione for this useful post.
Joyful Carol on 11/1/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 11/4/2012(UTC)