Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
BingoLady Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:47:30 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Here are two sketches and for extra credit make a card for a child. Everyone welcome
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
sketch # 1 007.jpg
sketch # 2 012.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/24/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:55:41 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Here is my # 2 sketch and my card I made for a child. I will wait for the ad colors
to make my # 1 card.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
Sketch # 2 011.jpg
extra credit 009.jpg
cstanzione Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:48:52 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Thanks for hosting Bingolady wow I'm the first one to comment thats weird I'm usually the lastLOL great sketches gotta wait for the add colors too but can't wait to get started.
Love the giraffe card so cute and the christmas is nice too I tink I have that paper.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:50:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:29:02 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
BingoLady, thanks for hosting! I think I have that same Christmas paper too, lol! Nice set of sketches! What a sweet giraffe card! nice take on both cards!
DeeScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:02:49 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I lost my first postMad

Anyway, good morning everyone and thanks for the great sketches. I was MIA last week and hope this week is better. I did get one card done and will post it later. I still need to take a photo of the card.

Bingolady[/color].....wonderful cards, and I also think I have some of that Christmas paper. LOL The kids card is adorable. I have several child's birthday cards that I have to make so it should work perfect for me.

Here's this weeks colors and remember that you don't have to use them, but it gives an added layer to the challenge. Have fun.

Dee

[img=http://][/img][color=black]

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:06:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 10/24/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:34:38 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Bingolady - Thanks for hosting again. Nice sketches, I have to make a card for a young person so useful extra credit for me.

Dee - Love the ad colours.

Bingolady - 2 great cards to start us off. Very sharp cut on the giraffe card.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/24/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:20:49 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Looking forward to another week of sketches. I am a little slow, but here is my #1 sketch from last week. It finally came to me about 10:30pm last night what I wanted to do with this card. I should have gone to bed, but had so much more fun creating this little card. What is one to do when the inspiration hits you up side of the head! Razz
The baseballs down the side are brads I picked up off of the clearance recently. The baseball bird is from 3 Birds on Parade. I made my own action wobble to make this little guy more fun.
This also included the extra credit of using a phrase from a cartridge you had not used. I love this Best Wishes phrase and now that I have given it a try it should come in pretty handy in the future. I designed my own background paper with a computer program. Of course much of it got covered up, but I am right proud of myself with how it turned out. I may have to venture out and try that more often. The framing for the phrase came from Elegant Edges. Now that I think about it, this card can be used for this week's extra credit- a card for a child! ThumpUp
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Wobble Baseball Bird.jpg
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/27/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:11:10 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello ladies

Dee, thankyou for the colors.

I'm so happy the faces are back.Laugh Laugh Laugh Cool Cool Love
Joyful Carol Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:16:24 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Good afternoon. Change is in the forecast tomorrow for my neck of the woods. It is suppose to go back to autumn temperatures instead of summer! This makes me Smile.
I have made a card based loosely on Sketch#1. I changed the color challenge to red, blue, white, & black. (I had to have a blue M&M for my card.) If you do not think it will work for sketch #1 then it will definitely work for extra credit- making a child card.
I got my imagination going to try to come up with a blue M&M. In this family they all have M&M t-shirts and Matt has the blue M&M and it is his birthday.
The circle was easy- George and Basic Shapes. Used this same cartridge for some ovals for the eyes and cut one oval in a couple of pieces to make the eyelids. The little white circles in the eyes were punched out with a regular old hole puncher I cut out a set of quotation marks for the eyebrows. The next cartridge I used was Mickey Font. I cut out a lower case "m" in white for my cute little fellow. Believe it or not I also used this cartride by cutting out 2 capital "V"s for the arms and 2 lower case "l"s for the legs. I did round the point of the "V" to make it look like a bent elbow instead of a pointy elbow.Wink I next used my Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut out my shoes and hands for my blue M&M. I just drew in the mouth by hand and cut out a little red piece to glue in for a tongue. What do you think?
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Blue M&M.jpg
TurtleBug Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:29:46 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 574 post(s)
BingoLady,
Thanks so much for Hosting this week. I love the new way you are posting your sketches, very sharp and clear, they look great!! I can still see the personal touches you have always added to your own designed sketches as before. Keep up the good work, you are very design savvy!!Love

#2 - I hear Christmas bells!!! Love all the embellies on the left side and how the holly in the center coordinates with the holly printed paper...very nice!
*Ex. Credit - The Giraff is so cute, like how he is holding the #3 in his mouth.

DeeScraps,
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge for this week. Great colors for this time of year.....I vision a Christmas card as I type this, but BLACK, hmmmm.....we'll see!!LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:32:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:58:41 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

As you know ladies I like to draw my sketches, but this time I have to thank Raquel
she is the one who made my sketches to show up like this. I hope I can do them like
that from now on. ThankyouCool Cool

Carol, wow, you have made my day, Ilove the M.M.s characters. It is so awesome.
TurtleBug Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:07:42 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
I will be busy with a Craft Fair this week-end, so BingoLady was nice and gave me a peek at her sketchs early so I could get a head start. I will be looking in as time allows, as I will be getting organize for the fair all this week.

My #1 Sketch:
Rattle - Stamping Cartridge
Baby - i-clear acrylic stamp by Studio G from Michael's
Teddybear - 3-D Sticker by Recollections
Embossing - CuttleBug "Swiss Dots" folder
Sentiment Tag - "Ribbon Tag Trio Two" by Spellbinders
Pin Paper - Bought at Michael's Single Sheet section
I ran the yellow satin ribbon through the tag and added a narrow white ribbon to the rattle.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:10:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:44:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LUCKY ME!!!
My friend ordered me a Spongebob birthday card for her DGGD that turns 2 yrs. old on Nov. 5th, and I just finished it last night. The Extra Credit Challenge is for a child's card, so here is mine.Cool

My Extra Credit Card:
Spongebob - Spongebob Cartridge (Thanks for lending it to me BingoLady)
Blue Square - "Lacy Squares" Spellbinder
Balloon - Gel Stick-on by EK Sticko
Hats - Stick-on by ???
#2 - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge using the Roly Poly key and silver metallic cardstock
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" & "Swirls" folders
I added pink Skittles, googly eyes, silver Pearl Mist to the blue circle, and yellow polka-dotted grossgrain ribbon.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:48:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:48:20 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Just finished my #2 sketch card in the Ad Colors Challenge. Will be looking in and commenting as time allows. Have a great week, everyone!!

My #2 Sketch Card in Ad Colors:

Image - I used a Gift Tag
Embossing - "Holly" Cuttlebug folder
Papers - Michael's single sheet section
Border - Cut from a full Christmas sheet and glued to a white cardstock strip
Added, goldtone metal snowflake Brads and green gem stones and Christmas ribbon bow.
[b]TFL!![b]

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:04:00 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! I'm logging on from my phone right now since my Internet has been down all day. I will comment on everyone's individual work when my Internet is up again or whenever my iPad is free from the kids. It's much easier to type on there than on my phone.

I'm typing to you guys as if I'm texting someone on the phone ... Hah hah!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:14:35 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok... just spoke to hubby and we're not sure when Internet is coming back. The rain seemed to have caused this and some people are working on it now to fix it. A whole section of our neighborhood is out too.

So... bear with me and I'll post comments now as if I'm texting Sandy on the phone! Hah hah! This may take a few posts because I can't see everyone's cards while posting

BingoLady: thanks again for hosting and I will work on these as soon as I can. I know I got a preview but had to do other projects first. Love both of your cards. The Christmas one fit the Ad colors nicely so you got lucky! Cute cute giraffe card and I live how it takes up mist of the card space... what a great effect

DeeScraps: thanks for the Ad colors. I will try my best to make a Christmas card out of those
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:18:53 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Joyful Carol: awesome baseball card... love love love that trim you used! OMG! You made the M&M guy with cuts from various cartridges... how clever and so creative of you! Great job with it too! My FIL is a huge M&M collector and the whole family loves to eat them so I absolutely love this project
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:26:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Hi Ladies!
I will be busy with a Craft Fair this week-end, so BingoLady was nice and gave me a peek at her sketchs early so I could get a head start. I will be looking in as time allows, as I will be getting organize for the fair all this week.

Good luck with the craft fair! I hope you make lots of money BigGrin

Awesome baby card! The safety pin paper is so cute and so are the stickers you used. Love how you did the sentiment. Great job with Spongebob! I might have to use that cartridge too for the extra credit. Love love how your Christmas card turned out. The embossing and details all work so well together
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/24/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:29:23 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Ok I hope I didn't miss anyone. Everything is so tiny on my phone. I'll check back with you all when I can use my normal computer to go online. I'll try and work on some cards until then

Have a great night everyone!
DeeScraps Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:25:26 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Trouble posting again!!!!!!!!

Raquel.....hope you get your internet back soon and all that rain goes away.

Turtlebug....good luck with your craft show.

(I keep losing my cursor!!!!)

This card was made using one of last week's sketches. It's my LAST Halloween card and I kind of cheated on the stamp.....I copied and printed out a copy of the colored image that I did a few weeks ago. It took me so long to color it and I wanted to make several more. Well, I only got this done so that's it for this year.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:28:38 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone! I'm logging on from my phone right now since my Internet has been down all day. I will comment on everyone's individual work when my Internet is up again or whenever my iPad is free from the kids. It's much easier to type on there than on my phone.

I'm typing to you guys as if I'm texting someone on the phone ... Hah hah!

I just got an ipad but had a problem setting it up. Maybe you can help when you are all caught up. That should make it easier for the comment on the cards.

Dee

DeeScraps Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:31:41 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Just finished my #2 sketch card in the Ad Colors Challenge. Will be looking in and commenting as time allows. Have a great week, everyone!!

My #2 Sketch Card in Ad Colors:

Image - I used a Gift Tag
Embossing - "Holly" Cuttlebug folder
Papers - Michael's single sheet section
Border - Cut from a full Christmas sheet and glued to a white cardstock strip
Added, goldtone metal snowflake Brads and green gem stones and Christmas ribbon bow.
[b]TFL!![b]

Great card! See, it's not so hard to work BLACK into a card!

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:33:43 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
LUCKY ME!!!
My friend ordered me a Spongebob birthday card for her DGGD that turns 2 yrs. old on Nov. 5th, and I just finished it last night. The Extra Credit Challenge is for a child's card, so here is mine.Cool

My Extra Credit Card:
Spongebob - Spongebob Cartridge (Thanks for lending it to me BingoLady)
Blue Square - "Lacy Squares" Spellbinder
Balloon - Gel Stick-on by EK Sticko
Hats - Stick-on by ???
#2 - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge using the Roly Poly key and silver metallic cardstock
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" & "Swirls" folders
I added pink Skittles, googly eyes, silver Pearl Mist to the blue circle, and yellow polka-dotted grossgrain ribbon.
TFL!!BigGrin

This is so darn cute. You did a great job.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:36:45 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
Good afternoon. Change is in the forecast tomorrow for my neck of the woods. It is suppose to go back to autumn temperatures instead of summer! This makes me Smile.
I have made a card based loosely on Sketch#1. I changed the color challenge to red, blue, white, & black. (I had to have a blue M&M for my card.) If you do not think it will work for sketch #1 then it will definitely work for extra credit- making a child card.
I got my imagination going to try to come up with a blue M&M. In this family they all have M&M t-shirts and Matt has the blue M&M and it is his birthday.
The circle was easy- George and Basic Shapes. Used this same cartridge for some ovals for the eyes and cut one oval in a couple of pieces to make the eyelids. The little white circles in the eyes were punched out with a regular old hole puncher I cut out a set of quotation marks for the eyebrows. The next cartridge I used was Mickey Font. I cut out a lower case "m" in white for my cute little fellow. Believe it or not I also used this cartride by cutting out 2 capital "V"s for the arms and 2 lower case "l"s for the legs. I did round the point of the "V" to make it look like a bent elbow instead of a pointy elbow.Wink I next used my Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut out my shoes and hands for my blue M&M. I just drew in the mouth by hand and cut out a little red piece to glue in for a tongue. What do you think?

I love this card....just like I do M&Ms. LOL
BingoLady Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:56:58 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Turtlebug,so,so cute love the little bear. And sponge Bob came out so awesome.
Oh ,I see you made my Xmas card, very nice.

Dee, very nice Halloween card like the little image.

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:28:27 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:

This card was made using one of last week's sketches. It's my LAST Halloween card and I kind of cheated on the stamp.....I copied and printed out a copy of the colored image that I did a few weeks ago. It took me so long to color it and I wanted to make several more. Well, I only got this done so that's it for this year.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

Dee! That's a brilliant idea!
Our internet is working on and off... I managed to get on just now, but who knows when it will go off again

It's an awesome Halloween card... well done!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:30:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

TurtleBug Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:38:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Great card! See, it's not so hard to work BLACK into a card!

Dee

Dee,
What I meant was that I wanted to make Sketch #2 a Christmas Card and wondered how I was going to work black into it and you're right...it wasn't too hard!!LOL LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:49:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:53:38 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Carol - Such a fun card for last weeks #1 sketch, great brads and wobble action too.
OhMyGod OhMyGod Drool I just LOVE your M&M card. You have worked so hard on it, I am sure it will never go in the trash but put in pride of place, it is just FAB.

Turtlebug - Cute baby boy card for #1, love the spongebob card, great for a little one and great card for #2 and ad colours the black pops it. Hope you make loads at the craft fair.

Dee - Great card for last weeks #2 sketch, love that little guy.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:59:05 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Here is the card I made yesterday after seeing the sketches. It is a 5x5 card for a boy with special needs who loves Lego and gaming. I only had a small strip of the lego paper and I wanted to add a little figure which was my sons. I can't remember who makes the robot paper but I thought it went with the theme. I think this goes for the extra credit challenge too.

Having my gutters and soffits replaced today so I have 4 guys banging and crashing allover the roofBlink Blink they will be here 2 days. Better go and get the coffee on!

Sue

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:13:09 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Dee, thanks for the ad colors! They do shout out Christmas don't they! BigGrin

Joyful Carol, oh my gosh, both of your cards are the cutest things! That little slugger card with the birdie and baseball glove is so adorable! I just love everything about that card! That M&M card is so cute too! I too just love M&M's! Wonderful job on both of your cards!

Turtlebug, aww, very sweet baby card! It's perfect! Sponge Bob is a very fun! Love those eyes! Such a great, fun birthday card! Wonderful warm feel to your Christmas card! Wow, you really have been busy! Love your Halloween card too! Love everything about it!

Raquel, I know what it is like to have internet problems! We experienced it for over a month, and just had the repair guy out the past few days and it finally got fixed!

Sue, wonderful robot/lego card!

1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 10/25/2012(UTC)