Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
*NanaDonna* Online
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:39:00 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Hello all, I are back with another set of sketches for our weekly challenge. It is pretty simple, just join in and use the sketches for inspiration, flip em, twist em, turn em just use them to create a card or layout. When you have your creations done just post them here and share them will all of us. HAVE FUN! If you have any questions just ask, we love for new people to join in. You do not have to do all the sketches, you can do one, two, two of the same one whatever you want to do,

Both of my sketches are past sketches from Tuesday Morning Sketches

Sketch #1

this one can really be fun with the right papers. If you have questions on how to do this let me know.

Sketch #2

Then for the extra credit this week - MAKE A CARD WITH A WINDOW. Either a window in the card or a picture of a window, the choice is yours. This is not necessarily a sketch but it is what I used as my inspiration for my sample

It is from Kimberly at My Craft Spot click HERE to check out her post

The shortly Dee will have our Ad Colors posted, also just there for inspiration you do not have to use them if you do not want to. See post #7 for the colors

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2012 9:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 9/25/2012(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 9/26/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 9/26/2012(UTC), Gisele on 9/27/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:52:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
*NanaDonna*: thanks for the great sketches. I was so hoping that at least one if them will have a flower BigGrin and what a great extra credit! I haven't done a window in ages
*NanaDonna* Online
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:36:13 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I'll post my sample cards tomorrow, I forgot to take pictures of themBlushing
BingoLady Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:46:36 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Donna great sketches and I like the idea of the window card.
AcrossThePond Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:36:07 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
NanaDonna - Thanks for hosting this week. 2 interesting sketches there to get the grey matter going on. Like the extra credit challenge too.

Sue
SandyPalmer Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:45:47 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Donna, thanks for hosting this week! I too like the extra credit! Sounds fun!
DeeScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:11:14 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Hello everyone. I thought hubby would never get off the computer so I could post the colors!

Donna...thanks for the sketches. I don't think I've ever made a window card, so I'm sure that will be a challenge for me.

Here's this week's Ad Colors for those of you who want to use them for inspiration. Have fun!

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 9/26/2012(UTC), Gisele on 9/27/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:11:30 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, finally got my pictures taken. Here is my sample of
sketch #1
Papers from DCWV Lemon Stack
Happy birthday from MS Elegant Cakes
Button cut from Artiste 5 times glued together then covered with
Liquid Glass
Sketch #1
*NanaDonna* Online
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:17:57 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sketch #2
As I was editing this picture I noticed that I kind of made this card backwardsConfused Mad on the sketch the strips go across the other side, Oh wellBigGrin
Paper is CTMH Flirty Pack
Flower, leaves and strips are from the Artiste cartridge
happy birthday is a CTMH stamp that I inked and stamped each word separately.
Now looking at the stamping I guess I had to put the strips on the opposite side to make it work OMGOhMyGod I am so confusedConfused Confused
Sketch #2
*NanaDonna* Online
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:24:46 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK finally on to my extra credit. The card base I made using George and CCR to weld two rounded corner rectangles together, just like Kimberly did hers (link in first post). The scalloped circle is cut from Art Philosophy. I struggled A LOT with what flowers I want to put in the window, I did not want to make it exactly like Kimberly's so after looking through many handbooks, I decided to use these stickers that I had and I am very happy with how it turned out. The label on the bottom is a new Spellbinder that I got.
Window Card

And here is what the inside of the window looks like. Just any FYI I cut the "window" out of the clam shell packaging that the cartridges come in.

Note sure what I will do with the rest of the inside.

I added a couple flowers to the inside What do you think?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:33:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added another picture

TurtleBug Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:52:36 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
NanaDonna,
Thanks so much for FINALLY Hosting again....it's about time!!Laugh Thanks for the nice sketches, especially the Extra Credit. It will take extra effort, so I will be expecting extra, extra credit on it...like a GOLD STAR or an A+!!LOL

DeeScraps,
Thanks for this weeks' Ad Color Challenge, hopefully I will find a sheet with all the colors from my new "All Seasons" stack.
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 9/30/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:08:21 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps: thanks for posting the Ad colors. I have to admit, this one is going to be very challenging for me! I usually have a hard time with black and white card with a touch of color normally... so I will have to browse the web to get some inspiration for this one! LOL!

*NanaDonna*:
beautiful set of "sample" cards... does that mean you're making more? Hee hee! Your first card seems to fit the Ad colors... so you lucked out on that one. Love the bright yellows but I think the glitter on papers really makes this sketch work out. LOVE liquid glass! It makes all the cuts so clean don't they? So what your second card has the strips going the other way? We don't have to follow the sketches exactly like you mentioned above. Very pretty background paper. Third card is a wow! I like how you used the clear plastic for the window. I saved some of those plastic coverings too to use it for cards... especially shaker cards
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 9/26/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 9/30/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:10:24 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well it's laundry day for me today and the kids were off from school today. Yom Kippur I believe. So, no cards yet! Hopefully, later tonight when they're all settled I can finally start working on some cards

How's your day going, ladies (and gentlemen... if we have any males lurking about)
BingoLady Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:13:01 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My # 2 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 044.jpg
extra credit 008.jpg
*NanaDonna* Online
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:07:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, OK, I will TRY to host more often **note** the word try ha ha.

Thanks Raquel, I am still going to try and make something with the Ad colors, but they are a challenge I have looking through my papers and so far nothing has hit me.

Bingolady - Love your card so very well put together, love the colors and the design on the paper. Oh no when I commented you only had one card there? Love the scalloped center and the silhouette in the center

Ok off to help my hubby make red chili sauce, he just boiled a HUGE pot of chili pods. Guess we are having enchiladas for dinner tonightBigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:01:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add comment to Bingolady

britishgirl Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:14:07 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
here is my extra credit with the window cards the one with the birds i used xmas noel to make the window and just cut it out into a shaped card the other is just a free image from google got carried away trying to do a window card lol
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
this one.jpg
WINDOW CARD.jpg
 1 user thanked britishgirl for this useful post.
scrapnfan on 10/2/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:22:56 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: very pretty... love love the background. It's very colorful! I like how you stacked the 3 different color flowers too. I'll have to try that someday

britishgirl:
both of your window cards are neat. I do LOVE that shaped window though and my favorite color is blue... so that second card just made my eyes zoom right to it

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:26:12 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
OK, OK, I will TRY to host more often **note** the word try ha ha.

Thanks Raquel, I am still going to try and make something with the Ad colors, but they are a challenge I have looking through my papers and so far nothing has hit me

I've looked and I found some papers with black, white, and gray...(well more like silver glitter), but I think I'm just going to have to add that yellow and force that tan in... hah hah! I think Dee finally found some color combination that just may defeat me this time around. Too early to give up though... so we'll see

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:27:30 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well, I'm off to take my girls to self-defense class... see you all later tonight!

Enjoy those enchiladas, Donna!
*NanaDonna* Online
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:07:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

WOW Britishgirl TWO extra credit windows cards that is fabulous. love them both. Thought about making a window card for my Christmas card also, thanks for inspiring me to give it a try.

Raquel - yeah me two I found paper with white, gray, yellow and easy enough to add the black but some how it is hard to fit the tan in. Well I will give it a try. I think I am going try and do it using this week's Mojo Monday sketch
SandyPalmer Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:55:17 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Oh wow Donna, you got all 3 of your cards made! Way to go on tackling the ad colors and they hadn't even been posted yet, lol! Great card! I really love the look of it! I would have never thought to use ticket stubs as a border! Nice touch! pretty flower too! Wow, love the extra credit window card!! It is beautiful!

Dee, thanks for the ad colors! Sorry if I don't always use them! Sometimes I just can't find the colors in my stack of papers! Sad

BingoLady, that is such a bright and cheerful card! I call it a happy card! What did you use on the scallop center that says hello?

Britishgirl, please tell me that you had these cards made and didn't just make them today! You are quite fast for the extra credit! Great set of window shaped cards! I too love that blue! Such a beautiful winter scene!

I had made a Halloween card that has a window in it, but seeing as it is for MSC and it isn't Halloween, I can't share it with you! Sad I guess I will have to make something new then! Hmm, now what to do with these Grand-kids while I try and craft?!?! I guess it might be another late night this week for me! I think it is for sure now that this NEXT Saturday they will get to move into their new home! It keeps getting pushed back a week!
britishgirl Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:28:38 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
Oh wow Donna, you got all 3 of your cards made! Way to go on tackling the ad colors and they hadn't even been posted yet, lol! Great card! I really love the look of it! I would have never thought to use ticket stubs as a border! Nice touch! pretty flower too! Wow, love the extra credit window card!! It is beautiful!

Dee, thanks for the ad colors! Sorry if I don't always use them! Sometimes I just can't find the colors in my stack of papers! Sad

BingoLady, that is such a bright and cheerful card! I call it a happy card! What did you use on the scallop center that says hello?

Britishgirl, please tell me that you had these cards made and didn't just make them today! You are quite fast for the extra credit! Great set of window shaped cards! I too love that blue! Such a beautiful winter scene!

I had made a Halloween card that has a window in it, but seeing as it is for MSC and it isn't Halloween, I can't share it with you! Sad I guess I will have to make something new then! Hmm, now what to do with these Grand-kids while I try and craft?!?! I guess it might be another late night this week for me! I think it is for sure now that this NEXT Saturday they will get to move into their new home! It keeps getting pushed back a week!

LOL sorry i made them both today

*NanaDonna* Online
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:34:20 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Sandy - ha ha that is why i do not host very often. I am so slow making cards that I wait till I have everything ready before I host.
I am going to try and get it together enough to host more often, but we are going into the busy Christmas season so we shall see.
BingoLady Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:04:24 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, thanks for the colors, Im working on them.

Donna , wonderful cards love the window card great idea.

Britishg, wonderful window cards love the scenery on both of them.

Sandy I cut the middle decor with the hello on it with the scissors and the Hello
is a stamp. thankyou for asking.

cstanzione Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:48:28 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to say thank you Donna and Dee for the lovely sketchs and add colors. Love your sample cards especially the last one my favorite flowers from Jolees I have a ton of them.Smile I have a ton of stuff to post been catching up and making stuff too. so just like to share.
These are just stuff I have been making tomorrow I will post my catch up cards . I have this week and one other back week and I'm all caught up YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!BigGrin

The last box is using the add colors of which I did not know what it was cause I hadn't checked the site till now.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:01:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cstanzione attached the following image(s):
GEDC0613.JPG
GEDC0628.JPG
GEDC0561.JPG
GEDC0548.JPG
GEDC0556.JPG
GEDC0609.JPG
GEDC0610.JPG
GEDC0629.JPG
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:54:47 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Good morning! Well, I never did get back on last night. Hubby wanted to watch some TV and I guess I was more tired that I thought. I fell asleep Blushing

No matter! I will attempt to tackle the challenge today

britishgirl: well done in doing those window cards... I also thought you had already made them before the extra credit was posted. WOW! You work fast!

cstanzione:
ok... just WOW! Look at all those projects! Wow wow wow... you work fast too! Gorgeous... all of them!
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
cstanzione on 9/27/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:57:21 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
Sandy - ha ha that is why i do not host very often. I am so slow making cards that I wait till I have everything ready before I host.
I am going to try and get it together enough to host more often, but we are going into the busy Christmas season so we shall see.

You're so silly! You don't have to have ALL your sample cards done before posting the sketches. Sometimes I do and most times I wait until the Ad colors are up.

It is nice though when there are samples... but don't stress yourself getting it done BigGrin

AcrossThePond Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:36:56 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - Thanks for the ad colours.

NanaDonna - Very pretty card for #1, love the zingy lemon. Nice paper on your card for #2 and the use of the ticket stubs is great. Lovely aperture card, it is always a quanderry what to do with the back side of one.

Bingolady - 2 nice cards there, like your layered flower.

Britishgirl - Great job on the two window cards, the black one is my fav.

Cindy - You have been very busy there.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
cstanzione on 9/27/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:41:59 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Here is a card I made for someone who loves to Bar-B-Q. He is an old boy who likes a pint too. Checkout the backside in the next post.

Sue

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:44:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:46:38 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Here is the backside literally lol.

Sue.