Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
blondolphn Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:11:44 PM(UTC)
blondolphn

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5118 time(s) in 929 post(s)
I am bummed for all of those that have this machine and love it. The optimist is maybe they will come out with something better...
 1 user thanked blondolphn for this useful post.
jillieneIsaacs on 9/23/2012(UTC)
Memurz Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:04:29 PM(UTC)
Memurz

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I don't really know how I feel about this. I love the printing capability, and will probably continue to use it just for printing. I was super excited when they sold their cricut cartridges for $15 a piece, I was able to get all by Santa's Village. Bummed that it does not cut with the new cartridges, but I will just keep it as a printer and if worse comes to worse just cut out the image on another cricut or even by hand. I am glad that they gave up with the special ink and can use a regular ink cartridge. That means that we can refill them!!!! YAY!!
BrendaBlomberg Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:06:39 PM(UTC)
BrendaBlomberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
After reading all this about imagine being discontinued, would it be wise to buy one that my local Michaels has for $100.00? It is a return and they will not give any warranty. I'm up for any comments!
PattyKondek Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:12:38 PM(UTC)
PattyKondek

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 47 post(s)
If it were me I would stay away from it. A lot of the Imagines sold were faulty right out of the box and Michaels will not take back Cricut machines so I'm surprised they took that one back.
jscraftylady Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:16:24 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2046 time(s) in 1118 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrendaBlomberg Go to Quoted Post
After reading all this about imagine being discontinued, would it be wise to buy one that my local Michaels has for $100.00? It is a return and they will not give any warranty. I'm up for any comments!

Unless Ms was willing to show you that it works or promise in writing that you can return it, I wouldn't touch it.
carennewman Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:04:27 PM(UTC)
carennewman

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I will never go digital, i also need to unwind from the computer. At least I have enough carts for a variety. I dont own the Imagine, thank the lord. I do LOVE the Expression 2.
ReenyBug Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:51:12 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
The Imagine is my favorite machine, when it works right. Sadly, it often doesn't work right. I bought a Mini and it hasn't worked since the last update. Took a day off work to call PC customer service and was on the phone for over an hour with a girl who kept putting me on hold. I was on my cell phone and eventually the call dropped and I didn't even bother to call again so no resolution. Just going to unplug that machine and call it a loss and now when my I stops working altogether that will be a $500 loss. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
 1 user thanked ReenyBug for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 1/2/2013(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:57:25 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've never known PC CS to be open on Saturday! Hope they are going to make that a habit!

I have seen lots of PC help on the MB on the weekends lately. . .lots of people with Cricut as the first part of their usernames. Woot

All the new 12 x 12 mats are universal mats and can be used in the E or I. And someone just recently posted the regular HP ink cart numbers that are the same as the I. The only other supply needed is white card stock. Of course new carts are always a kick start to new projects. I've seen and read that there are Imagine carts that are "yet to be released". But who knows how long PC will keep making I carts if they aren't making the I.

thank you for your post. This makes me feel a lot better.
LindaStarks Offline
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:20:44 PM(UTC)
LindaStarks

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Our HL store had imagine carts for $7.15 on friday and marking the machine down an extra 40% while I stood there $104.00 not a joke .. she asked me if I wanted it, I declined.
MJ Scrapper Offline
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:36:44 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Quote:
I will never go digital. I do not want my computer anywhere near my craft world. I'm on the computer all day long and need to be able to unplug when I scrapbook.

Me too. My friends were getting into machines like the Wishblade but I didn't want to be tied to the computer and that is the main reason I got a Cricut.

1 user thanked MJ Scrapper for this useful post.
FootballMom on 9/24/2012(UTC)
Soo Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:43:28 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I'm another who loves her Imagine but isn't overly fussed by the rumours. I'll use my Imagine until it stops working (I can get mats, ink and blades to keep me going!) and when it does go to Imagine heaven I'll review what the options are in the market and replace it with whatever suits me best at the time...

I've been lucky in that my Imagine worked beautifully out of the box and I've been able to use CCR with it since last October. My only 'complaint' is that it's such a big machine - I'd love a more portable version.
KarenT Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 8:29:38 AM(UTC)
KarenT

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 284 post(s)

This definitely sucks but as others have said once we are able to get a hold of the ink I will use mine until it no longer works. I never used it like I thought I would unfortunately Sad even though I do like this machine a lot!

Tfs
GypsyRoe Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 8:55:54 AM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
I love using my Imagine machine and with all the Imagine items being marked down, I decided to pick up a back up machine.

I also have an E2 machine, so if my Imagine machines die I’ll still be able to use my Art Imagine cartridges for cutting.

One good thing to add for people who have an E2 machine and not an Imagine machine, you can use the cut only on the Art cartridges. Maybe even some of the Pattern cartridges will cut too, because some do have shapes on them! If you want a great deal on a cartridge, you should go pick some up! Hobby Lobby has them for less then 10 dollars each!
Nathan Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 10:16:09 AM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hey guys... Thought I would chime in as there is a lot of speculation going on.

One thing that I know for certain is that there is a team of people currently working on the connection of Imagine to CCR. We are committed to continual support of this machine.

I want to emphasize that we hear and understand the frustrations. We appreciate all of your commitment. There are changes being made as we strengthen our commitment to quality service and products.

Thank you,
~Nathan
 13 users thanked Nathan for this useful post.
GypsyRoe on 9/24/2012(UTC), missstamper on 9/24/2012(UTC), Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com on 9/24/2012(UTC), Lilygirl on 9/24/2012(UTC), Narelle on 9/24/2012(UTC), jscraftylady on 9/24/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 9/24/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 9/24/2012(UTC), FootballMom on 9/24/2012(UTC), Soo on 9/25/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 9/25/2012(UTC), Kris Dietz on 9/26/2012(UTC), blurobin on 9/26/2012(UTC)
LynneF Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 10:53:01 AM(UTC)
LynneF

United States

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post

One thing that I know for certain is that there is a team of people currently working on the connection of Imagine to CCR. We are committed to continual support of this machine.

I want to emphasize that we hear and understand the frustrations. We appreciate all of your commitment. There are changes being made as we strengthen our commitment to quality service and products.

Thank you,
~Nathan

I really hope that is true. I just love my AEE2 and Gypsy but am very scared to update again due to problem I had the last time I updated my Gypsy. This is really what PC needs to do. Make your products work as they should and not release updates that kill machines.

Thanks for letting us know.
 1 user thanked LynneF for this useful post.
FootballMom on 9/24/2012(UTC)
Doodledo Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 10:56:52 AM(UTC)
Doodledo

Was thanked: 1418 time(s) in 846 post(s)
I hope so Nathan, as I am one that bought at Launch, the thing worked like a charm until an update killed it, they replaced it and it still doesnt work now. I certainly hope that even if they are not making anymore that they will continue to work on the updates so that those of us who have one and cant use it will get them fixed, otherwise I am due a refund of the monies spent on this machine that I have not been able to use almost since purchase. I would say it has been functional maybe 3 mos at most since purchase.
LazyBee Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 11:42:40 AM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 304 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post

Thank you,
~Nathan

Nathan:

While I appreciate your comments and hope that what you say is true. You and the PC management need to understand that many of us absolutely love this machine. For many of us it is our go to machine because of the capabilities it has when it works properly. Those features are what we want in our cutters, that is why we bought them in the first place. The problem in of itself does not lie with the machine, but with the horendous updates that PC programmers have provided that have created the problems and then not fixing. Most if not all the problems I have had have been a direct result of these updates across all platforms. Couple that with all the promises of this and that about what enhancements were coming (NOT or never materialized) and the inability of PC to take care of issues in a timely manner and what you get is a bunch of dissatified customers. This speaks volumes. To discontinue what could be a great product is really a shame, and it will all but force even your most devoted customers to go in another direction with other products that do similar things, especially if we are forced into a digital format; which if you haven't figured out by now many of us do not wish to do. And if this occurs PC runs the risk that we as customers will actually leave altogether. Why support a company that is trying to force into using digital when they can't even manage to fix a problem they caused in the first place? Why buy products that we will eventually be unable to utilize because the product we bought in good faith was done away with. And this has nothing to do with technology, because if the programmers got it right these products could be expanded upon and we might even in the future consider upgrading, but not in the current situation. By PC not being honest with us regarding the Imagine or Gypsy being discontinued you send a direct message that you are trying to unload your product. To me that smells of greed and dishonesty as it begs the question as to availability in the future. If I know something is discontinued and still choose to make the purchase that is my choice...but we are not even given that option...what we are given is hope that maybe PC will continue to "provide support"...the proverbial dangling of the thread. At some point the problems, the lack of honesty by PC regarding these issues, and their inability to man up and tell us the truth becomes tiring and old. All we want is to have what we have bought work properly and have PC be honest in their dealings with us as customers...that is not too much to ask. PC has made good products in the past that work/worked wonderfully but of late primarily because of the CCR push we have been plagued with issue after issue. Some are dealt with, but not the big issues...PC keeps us just hanging and keeps dangling the proverbial thread with the promise that they are going to fix it. And I and others as consumers will eventually say enough and move on to other products. It's just like the freezer that I had where the compressor kept failing while under warranty. I had it replaced 3 times, plus the loss of food items, the renting of another unit while I patiently waited for parts and the appointment to be reserviced. The last time it gave me a problem at less than 2 years old I went out and bought another one...only I chose a different brand and when I replaced/upgraded all my kitchen appliances that same year that company did not get get one red cent of my money and never will again. My point is if you alienate your customers enough they will walk even if you carry a good product. And PC has done a pretty good job of doing just so. Will I purchase a new updated Imagine or Gypsy...that remains to be seen...but rest assured if they are discontinued I imagine that a large majority of the customers who love these products will make the decision to move elsewhere and not make the mistake a second time in waiting for PC to continue to feed us with a bunch of baloney. I know I for one am done and tired of waiting for the unfulfilled promises this company keeps trying to pass off as truth. We need to see results and need to be given honest answers.
 13 users thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Annabella on 9/24/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 9/24/2012(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 9/24/2012(UTC), LynneF on 9/24/2012(UTC), chellabella on 9/24/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 9/24/2012(UTC), GrandmaDiane on 9/24/2012(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 9/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 9/25/2012(UTC), MissAnn on 9/26/2012(UTC), MSblu** on 9/27/2012(UTC), Shadow on 9/30/2012(UTC), disneybug on 10/8/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 12:34:55 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7609 time(s) in 3549 post(s)
Thanks for the update Nathan! BigGrin
Gadget girl Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:16:56 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Thanks Nathan for keeping us in the loop. I hope that the Imagine isn't discontinued as I love my machine. It is my 2nd one as the first one had problems and even this one does have problems some times. At the minute I cant get the gypsy to talk to my machines and its not updating. Why are these things so hard to do even now surely some one somewhere knows what they are doing and can give us a constantly good update for all of our machines. Also more cartridges for the imagine and to have the machines working as promised would be nice.

Sorry forgot to say I dont want to go digital and prefer the carts. Glad we are finally getting more dimensional items on the carts too. A shadow box would be great, has there been one on a cart yet?
Thanks. Susan

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2012 2:21:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added stuff

NLGirl Offline
#50 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:10:51 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've never known PC CS to be open on Saturday! Hope they are going to make that a habit!

I have seen lots of PC help on the MB on the weekends lately. . .lots of people with Cricut as the first part of their usernames. Woot

All the new 12 x 12 mats are universal mats and can be used in the E or I. And someone just recently posted the regular HP ink cart numbers that are the same as the I. The only other supply needed is white card stock. Of course new carts are always a kick start to new projects. I've seen and read that there are Imagine carts that are "yet to be released". But who knows how long PC will keep making I carts if they aren't making the I.

Scrapalette would you happen to know the HP ink numbers you mentioned? Thanks, Kathy
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#51 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:27:41 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12281 time(s) in 4982 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NLGirl Go to Quoted Post
Scrapalette would you happen to know the HP ink numbers you mentioned? Thanks, Kathy

HP97, HP98

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2012 5:28:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: sorry-- I hope I didn't step on Paulette's toes by answering :)

2 users thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
djscrappiness on 9/24/2012(UTC), NLGirl on 9/26/2012(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:43:31 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Thank you LazyBee for your post. This is exactly how I feel. In a couple of months I'll be ready for a new machine, and I don't think I will go with the E2. I wanted to but with the issue about the Imagine, I doubt I will go that route. The E2 is the only machine I am missing from the PC collection, but I don't think I want to give them my money anymore.

You see, Nathan, a lot was promised with the Imagine and it only does about half of what was promised. When CCR came on-line, I was hopeful, but now all hopes that the I will work as promised are gone.

I loved my I and would have continued buying from PC, but this has been a mess. I keep wondering, Is PC going to change as far as their communication with us, and I realize that the answer is "NO". At one time I believed that it should be PC's flagship machine, as the concept was absolutely outstanding.

PC didn't even have the decency to let I users know that you could use regular HP inks in the Imagine. That should have been a stickie in the Imagine, CCR and Cricut Chat forum. PC knows the concerns of the Imagine users and support for it whether it is discontinued or not. Ink is probably on the top of the list and for PC to not post that information is totally irresponsible and just not right.

My feeling is that the Imagine is being discontinued, and PC just won't annouce it so that they can get rid of all their inventory. Once it is all gone (machines and consumables), you will then annouce it, but you want to make sure you suck out every penny you can from it. From there, PC will probably support it for 6 mos to a year and after that, we will be on our own.

I've stopped buying all PC products, so I do not buy PC inks and consumables for my Yudu or Yudu Cardshop, I stopped buying Cuttlebug embossing folders and invested in a Grand C and am purchasing their embossing folders, etc.

You see, Nathan, I was totally in love with PC, everything PC made I bought with the exception of the E2 and the Gypsy (my eyes are too old and tired for that small screen) and had there not been issues with the Imagine, I would have bought the E2.

If PC really wants to change things in PC, then the first thing is communication. Any information that will help Imagine users should be posted ON A STICKIE (e.g. the ink information) and you should still post it.

PC wants me back as a customer, then start doing the right thing with the Imagine and give us the information that we need (like the ink information)

JMHO
 8 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 9/24/2012(UTC), GrandmaDiane on 9/24/2012(UTC), LazyBee on 9/24/2012(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 9/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 9/25/2012(UTC), Havetoomuchstuff on 9/26/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/8/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 1/2/2013(UTC)
FootballMom Offline
#53 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:44:42 PM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Oh say it isn't true! I'm so upset!
LynneF Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:48:43 PM(UTC)
LynneF

United States

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
Nathan:

While I appreciate your comments and hope that what you say is true. You and the PC management need to understand that many of us absolutely love this machine. For many of us it is our go to machine because of the capabilities it has when it works properly. Those features are what we want in our cutters, that is why we bought them in the first place. The problem in of itself does not lie with the machine, but with the horendous updates that PC programmers have provided that have created the problems and then not fixing. Most if not all the problems I have had have been a direct result of these updates across all platforms. Couple that with all the promises of this and that about what enhancements were coming (NOT or never materialized) and the inability of PC to take care of issues in a timely manner and what you get is a bunch of dissatified customers. This speaks volumes. To discontinue what could be a great product is really a shame, and it will all but force even your most devoted customers to go in another direction with other products that do similar things, especially if we are forced into a digital format; which if you haven't figured out by now many of us do not wish to do. And if this occurs PC runs the risk that we as customers will actually leave altogether. Why support a company that is trying to force into using digital when they can't even manage to fix a problem they caused in the first place? Why buy products that we will eventually be unable to utilize because the product we bought in good faith was done away with. And this has nothing to do with technology, because if the programmers got it right these products could be expanded upon and we might even in the future consider upgrading, but not in the current situation. By PC not being honest with us regarding the Imagine or Gypsy being discontinued you send a direct message that you are trying to unload your product. To me that smells of greed and dishonesty as it begs the question as to availability in the future. If I know something is discontinued and still choose to make the purchase that is my choice...but we are not even given that option...what we are given is hope that maybe PC will continue to "provide support"...the proverbial dangling of the thread. At some point the problems, the lack of honesty by PC regarding these issues, and their inability to man up and tell us the truth becomes tiring and old. All we want is to have what we have bought work properly and have PC be honest in their dealings with us as customers...that is not too much to ask. PC has made good products in the past that work/worked wonderfully but of late primarily because of the CCR push we have been plagued with issue after issue. Some are dealt with, but not the big issues...PC keeps us just hanging and keeps dangling the proverbial thread with the promise that they are going to fix it. And I and others as consumers will eventually say enough and move on to other products. It's just like the freezer that I had where the compressor kept failing while under warranty. I had it replaced 3 times, plus the loss of food items, the renting of another unit while I patiently waited for parts and the appointment to be reserviced. The last time it gave me a problem at less than 2 years old I went out and bought another one...only I chose a different brand and when I replaced/upgraded all my kitchen appliances that same year that company did not get get one red cent of my money and never will again. My point is if you alienate your customers enough they will walk even if you carry a good product. And PC has done a pretty good job of doing just so. Will I purchase a new updated Imagine or Gypsy...that remains to be seen...but rest assured if they are discontinued I imagine that a large majority of the customers who love these products will make the decision to move elsewhere and not make the mistake a second time in waiting for PC to continue to feed us with a bunch of baloney. I know I for one am done and tired of waiting for the unfulfilled promises this company keeps trying to pass off as truth. We need to see results and need to be given honest answers.

Damn that is good. Soooooo true.
 3 users thanked LynneF for this useful post.
FootballMom on 9/24/2012(UTC), LazyBee on 9/24/2012(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 9/24/2012(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#55 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:03:58 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Well, as usual, Nathan had the perfect opportunity to address concerns of many on here regarding the disconinuation of the Imagine & he failed to confirm or deny the original post. I have an Expression, Mini & an Imagine & would love to use my Imagine as it was advertised at first. Why can't PC just come out & tell us what is what?Confused Confused Confused
 9 users thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 9/24/2012(UTC), farmscraps on 9/24/2012(UTC), CricketCMV on 9/24/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 9/24/2012(UTC), GrandmaDiane on 9/24/2012(UTC), BJR on 9/25/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 9/25/2012(UTC), Shadow on 9/30/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 1/2/2013(UTC)
djscrappiness Offline
#56 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:25:10 PM(UTC)
djscrappiness

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have suspected that the Imagine was no longer being produced for some time now. And, to me, the problems with PC began with all the problems they had with the Imagine. I bought one at the Launch, but returned it before the 30 days was up - mainly because it did not work with the Gypsy - which we were told it would, and because I didn't see how I could justify paying $500 for a machine that I had to calibrate on a regular basis. But, I DID love it, and ended up buying another one some months later - only to have to return it, because it would not update. They were kind enough to send me a replacement, but the ink cartridge carriage was broken on it. Finally, another machine was sent to me, but the wonderful lady in customer service (Gail, I believe), had the machine sent to her FIRST to make sure everything worked, and she even did the update FOR me. It worked just fine, until I did the update to have it work with CCR. I had to search all over the message boards to find how to UNDO the update, so my machine would work at all.

I don't understand how a company with such a wonderful reputation could go so quickly to producing sub-par products. It's no wonder their customer service takes so long - there must be a zillion people calling every day with problems with their machines, the updates, or CCR. I don't mind going digital - as long as we can still use our carts for a good while longer.

I take back what I said about their problems beginning with the Imagine. I really think they should have left the 3rd party software companies alone instead of taking them to court. Instead of people not buying/using PC cartridges, they lost more business by alienating the customers that enjoyed the benefits of being able to cut from carts and using SVG files. I don't wish ill on PC, but it certainly seems as though "what goes around, comes around." As it is, many people have sold their Cricut products and gone with the Cameo. And now, Silhouette is coming out with a smaller version at a lower price point. Maybe that will be good news for the faithful PC fans - fewer of us to clog up the phone lines to customer service because we've moved on.

It's a shame. It doesn't seem like it had to get to this point. Mad Crying Confused Angry
 5 users thanked djscrappiness for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 9/24/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 9/24/2012(UTC), LazyBee on 9/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 9/25/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 1/2/2013(UTC)
FootballMom Offline
#57 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:27:53 PM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 410 post(s)
We can use regular HP inks in our Imagine?????

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Thank you LazyBee for your post. This is exactly how I feel. In a couple of months I'll be ready for a new machine, and I don't think I will go with the E2. I wanted to but with the issue about the Imagine, I doubt I will go that route. The E2 is the only machine I am missing from the PC collection, but I don't think I want to give them my money anymore.

You see, Nathan, a lot was promised with the Imagine and it only does about half of what was promised. When CCR came on-line, I was hopeful, but now all hopes that the I will work as promised are gone.

I loved my I and would have continued buying from PC, but this has been a mess. I keep wondering, Is PC going to change as far as their communication with us, and I realize that the answer is "NO". At one time I believed that it should be PC's flagship machine, as the concept was absolutely outstanding.

PC didn't even have the decency to let I users know that you could use regular HP inks in the Imagine. That should have been a stickie in the Imagine, CCR and Cricut Chat forum. PC knows the concerns of the Imagine users and support for it whether it is discontinued or not. Ink is probably on the top of the list and for PC to not post that information is totally irresponsible and just not right.

My feeling is that the Imagine is being discontinued, and PC just won't annouce it so that they can get rid of all their inventory. Once it is all gone (machines and consumables), you will then annouce it, but you want to make sure you suck out every penny you can from it. From there, PC will probably support it for 6 mos to a year and after that, we will be on our own.

I've stopped buying all PC products, so I do not buy PC inks and consumables for my Yudu or Yudu Cardshop, I stopped buying Cuttlebug embossing folders and invested in a Grand C and am purchasing their embossing folders, etc.

You see, Nathan, I was totally in love with PC, everything PC made I bought with the exception of the E2 and the Gypsy (my eyes are too old and tired for that small screen) and had there not been issues with the Imagine, I would have bought the E2.

If PC really wants to change things in PC, then the first thing is communication. Any information that will help Imagine users should be posted ON A STICKIE (e.g. the ink information) and you should still post it.

PC wants me back as a customer, then start doing the right thing with the Imagine and give us the information that we need (like the ink information)

JMHO

djscrappiness Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:35:20 PM(UTC)
djscrappiness

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FootballMom Go to Quoted Post

As posted earlier: HP97, HP98
GypsyBoricua Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 6:56:00 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FootballMom Go to Quoted Post

Yep, someone has already posted it.

Isn't that something, with all the speculation on where to buy ink and what were we going to do, they didn't even bother to let us know that we could use regular HP ink in it. I suspect that they knew all along, but wanted us to buy from them or their authorized vendor until all supplies were gone. Think about it, when we all began to suspect that the I was discontinued, months ago, many of us started stacking up on ink. And since there are still PC vendors selling ink, they kept it on the low down. Remember, they have an expiration date. I would not have bought the ink I did with an expiration date that close, but I took a chance. They and their vendors would not have been able to sell their ink if we knew we could you regular HP ink carts, we would have gone for the ones w/o so soon expiration dates.

With all of Nathan's promises of transparency, this was obviously not very transparent. Had he or someone on his team posted it, I would have believed that they were in fact changing for the better. The fact that no one at PC posted it just shows how transparent they really are willing to be.

Edited by user Monday, September 24, 2012 6:58:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 9/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 9/25/2012(UTC)
Thecraftytouch Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 7:06:21 PM(UTC)
Thecraftytouch

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Krissypapercrafts Go to Quoted Post
I never bought the Imagine because of all the problems. I am very concerned about how PC does business. They have no concern for their customes, I am very disappoined about this news. Alot of people have purchased Imagines and carts and now to find out if their Imagine breaks they will be left with all these carts and they will be useless. I'm sure they have known for a long time that they are not going to continue making the Imagine. They didn't want the news getting out before they could sell all their Imagine carts. I feel really sad for all the people whom have invested so much $$$$ in a PC product just to find out they won't be making it anymore! So sad.... I would have been interested in an Imagine that worked properly.

I agree. Oh well. I suppose I'll use mine until it breaks...then I'll figure out a way to recycle it. So glad I didn't purchase it at launch...I paid 25% of the price that launch folks paid.