Cricut® Project Center
VIEW ALL projects
MelAnn (3 Projects)
Project skill level: easy
Project time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Project tags: Sympathy Cards Spiritual/Religious
I used the Folk Art Festival cartridge and a few others to make this set of sympathy cards. The different colors of paper to gave me some flexibility to mix the colors of the different elements.
Save project as a favorite 6 Faves
OTHER MATERIALS NEEDED
- card stock (CTMH and some metallics)
- adhesive (2 way glue by Zig Adhesive)
- Stamps (for sentiments)
- distressing ink and sponge
I picked out a card shape from the "Close To My Heart Artiste" (CTMH) cartridge - I liked this one because of the understated lace border on the front. I cut out card bases from three different colors and saved the scraps for the later steps.
I cut out the bird from the "Folk Art Festival" Cartridge. I felt like the white looked like a dove, which is what I was going for with this particular card. I used a gray shade for the bird's shadow, though you can't quite see that since I colored over it later. I also cut out one of the borders (main shape and shadow) from the "Folk Art Festival" Cartridge to use on the inside. Though you can only see the one, I used a different color for each and mixed and matched. I glued the main shapes to the shadows for both the bird and the border. Notice on the border I used a different color for the main parts as well as the flower in the middle - cutting the same pieces out of the different colors made the substitutions easy.
I used my Copic markers to lightly color the flowers on the bird. I used some brown CTMH Distressing Ink and a small sponge to give the outside of the bird some definition. I did the same thing to the edge of the border (card inside). I then glued the bird on the front of the card and the border on the inside.
I cut some of my leftover card stock in a rectangle shape using a rotary cutter to fit the inside of the card. I distressed the edges of that with the ink as well.
Using some CTMH stamps, I put the sentiments on the front and inside of the card.
I felt like the front needed something more, so I added the cross. I was somewhat limited in my choices (by my available cartridges), but I found something close to what I was looking for on the "Designer's Calendar" Cartridge. I ended up trimming away the extra sashing on the cross with my scissors. I put the cross on the front and the cards were ready for mailing.