Add Images to Mat
There are several ways to add images to your mat.
1. The main way to add images to your mat is from the Images/Cartridge section of the Image Drawer. Select a cartridge from the list and the images will display on the right. Click on the image you wish to add or drag and drop the image onto a specific area of the mat.
Clicking on the Zoom Out (-) key will display the images in the traditional keypad view. To go back to the standard view, click the Zoom (+) key.
Remember, the cartridges shown in the My Cartridge list contain the images you can cut.
You can use the Resize Drawer handle to increase or decrease the size of the drawer. You can also click the green arrow to minimize the drawer completely. Click the arrow again to reopen the drawer.
2. Click Image Search in the Image Drawer. Type a keyword in the field and click Search. In Image View or Cartridge view, click or drag and drop a search result directly onto your mat.
3. Click on the Text Tools along the left side of the screen. Click Add New Text Box and a text box will appear. Using your computer keyboard, type the text you wish to add to the mat. The text will automatically appear on the mat. Use the Font Cartridge and Creative Feature drop-down menus to change the font style.
4. Select an image already on your mat. Click the Copy button and then click the Paste button. This will duplicate the selected image.
- When to use Real vs. Relative image size
Relative size and real size can make a big difference when designing a project. The Relative and Real buttons are located in the Images/Cartridges section of the Image Drawer.
Relative sizing will adjust the height of the shape proportionally based on the height of the base image. This is very important when using letters or images with multiple pieces that need to be sized to fit together.
Real sizing will add all images to your mat at a fixed height (measured from the top to the bottom of the image). This is perfect for when images need to be a specific size.
- Adding Images to the Correct Layer
When designing a project with multiple layers, images will automatically add to the currently active layer. To move images between layers, use the cut and paste buttons in the Top Tools. Make sure the correct layer is active before pasting the image.