Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mom2sidsquid Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 4:51:48 PM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1150 time(s) in 762 post(s)
How does this work? I'm trying to make a shape card. I have the shapes welded but want to group so when I use a pattern cart it will do the entire card as opposed to sections..

Thanks
CricketCMV Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 7:39:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7558 time(s) in 4428 post(s)
Someone may know another way; but, this is how I GROUP images/fonts together that I want to cut out in one piece:

1. Select the first image by clicking on it and getting the box around the image.
2. Hold the control key down on your keyboard and select the next image you want to GROUP with the first image--these will be welded together, because the only way you can cut out one piece of several images is if they are welded and then grouped together (at least, this is what I believe and I have succeeded in doing it this way).
3. Repeat #2 until all images/fonts you want to cut together have been selected.
4. Still holding down the control key (you may not have to do this, but I do--you might be able to let go of the control key here), go to the top and GROUP your selected images/fonts. Now, when you click inside anything inside the images/fonts, you will get one BIG box around the whole grouping.

That's what I do.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 7/9/2011(UTC)
mom2sidsquid Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 8:05:43 PM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Someone may know another way; but, this is how I GROUP images/fonts together that I want to cut out in one piece:

1. Select the first image by clicking on it and getting the box around the image.
2. Hold the control key down on your keyboard and select the next image you want to GROUP with the first image--these will be welded together, because the only way you can cut out one piece of several images is if they are welded and then grouped together (at least, this is what I believe and I have succeeded in doing it this way).
3. Repeat #2 until all images/fonts you want to cut together have been selected.
4. Still holding down the control key (you may not have to do this, but I do--you might be able to let go of the control key here), go to the top and GROUP your selected images/fonts. Now, when you click inside anything inside the images/fonts, you will get one BIG box around the whole grouping.

That's what I do.

Char

Thank you!! This is exactly what I was wanting!!
CricketCMV Online
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 8:12:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
Thank you!! This is exactly what I was wanting!!

You're welcome; in the meantime, if anyone knows any better way to GROUP, help us out. It does seem others have a different way of going about grouping; but, this is how I've done it in other programs and I realized I could do it here.

Let us know if it works for you, mom2!

Char
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 12:28:50 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
You can just click and drag a box around all of your objects instead of using the ctrl key. Then press the Group button.

Here's a very short video showing you how. (There's no sound - hopefully it's self explanatory. And hopefully it will play...just click on the picture)

If you are selecting everything on the mat you can also select the Edit menu, then Select All. (That only works in the desktop version though because those menus aren't available in the online version.

Edited by user Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:24:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 7/10/2011(UTC), CricketCMV on 7/10/2011(UTC), buzzybee on 7/10/2011(UTC)
mom2sidsquid Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:39:00 AM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Perfect Narelle!! The video was GREAT!!
 1 user thanked mom2sidsquid for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/10/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:10:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
You can just click and drag a box around all of your objects instead of using the ctrl key. Then press the Group button.

Here's a very short video showing you how. (There's no sound - hopefully it's self explanatory. And hopefully it will play...just click on the picture)

If you are selecting everything on the mat you can also select the Edit menu, then Select All. (That only works in the desktop version though because those menus aren't available in the online version.

I knew there had to be a better way; and, I think you have explained it before. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry and trying to get other things done at the same time I'm playing here (or in CCR), I just do what I know and can't get my mind around what someone else is trying to tell me and/or take time to listen.

This is really great; thanks for sharing, Narelle!

Char