Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:59:49 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Has anyone been able to cut from Windows 7 64 Bit? I started beta testing with my windows 7. The desktop application wouldn't work with windows 7. So I switched computers. Now I can't beta test the application from windows 7 anymore.

So I wanted to know if any of you have been successful with testing the Desktop cut application with windows 7 64 bit?

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:39:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scarlet squirrel Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:41:59 AM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
BTT Does anyone have an answer for Scrapbooking_Grandma?

Has anyone been able to cut from Windows 7 64 bit? This is one step above the starter Windows 7, typical on netbooks.

scarlet squirrel Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:55:06 AM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
SG,
I have Windows 7, 64bit. I noticed that I needed to troubleshoot. You may need to update your program - Windows 7. A port that my E was plugged into needed an update of some kind and NOW it WORKS! I can cut again.

Technical I am not, but that's what I did after some fooling around with troubleshooting on the Windows part. Good Luck!
HollyHudspeth Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 3:30:59 AM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
Yes, I was able to use it. I had the same issue for a week when I switched computers, and then I figurd out the problem I was having. When you install the software it defaults the machine to the imagine. Once I switched it to Expression (this is done through the options tab on the left.) It cut just fine. Now I have the E2 and the Imagine. My only problem is that the Craft Room does not cut on those machines yet...but I am ready now. I hope your solution is this simple.
MaryScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:49:31 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I can't get logged in through the desk top application. I still can't.
luv_scrappin Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:06:12 PM(UTC)
luv_scrappin

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I have windows 7 64 bit and when I try to cut it says it can't find my machine.........
MaryScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:31:45 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I don't understand why some people with windows 7 64 bit can get into CCR and cut. I can't even get logged in.
I have tried everything to get this program to work and nothing helps.
Does anyone have any ideas to get this going on Windows 7 64 bit?
bearcatnat Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:15:59 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 257 post(s)
Hi Scrapbooking Grandma,
I was previously able to cut with CCR using Win 7 64-bit and my Imagine. Then one of the update killed my ability to print with the Imagine. I just now updated again and was able to print, but am having LOTS of trouble with my Imagine becoming disconnected or not connecting at all through my USB port! Cursing Any ideas for this??
bearcatnat Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:30:36 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 257 post(s)
UPDATE: I just got my Cricut to connect, and was getting ready to cut...when it disconnected, saying something like "Imagine bridge has unexpectedly quit and CCR must now close". I clicked OK and it closed. I tried to reopen, got the same error. I rebooted my computer, opened CCR...and now the file I was working on is CORRUPT and completely empty!! This is about the 5th time that has happened to me. I'm about to just quit wasting my time beta testing CCR until PC gets it stable enough to use! Which I believe will be NEVER. LOLOh, and the software also told me I need to update my Imagine with Cricut Sync, which I just DID about 2 hours ago! Mad

PC is completely out of their depth technologically on this application, and I just submitted my Feedback about the error telling them so!
 1 user thanked bearcatnat for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/21/2011(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 4:53:10 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: bearcatnat Go to Quoted Post
Hi Scrapbooking Grandma,
I was previously able to cut with CCR using Win 7 64-bit and my Imagine. Then one of the update killed my ability to print with the Imagine. I just now updated again and was able to print, but am having LOTS of trouble with my Imagine becoming disconnected or not connecting at all through my USB port! Cursing Any ideas for this??

I have the same problem. It will print. Then when it is suppose to cut it pauses then kicks the mat out.
There is nothing we can do at our end on this. It is a communication error that lies with PC.
MaryScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06:38 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: bearcatnat Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE: I just got my Cricut to connect, and was getting ready to cut...when it disconnected, saying something like "Imagine bridge has unexpectedly quit and CCR must now close". I clicked OK and it closed. I tried to reopen, got the same error. I rebooted my computer, opened CCR...and now the file I was working on is CORRUPT and completely empty!! This is about the 5th time that has happened to me. I'm about to just quit wasting my time beta testing CCR until PC gets it stable enough to use! Which I believe will be NEVER. LOLOh, and the software also told me I need to update my Imagine with Cricut Sync, which I just DID about 2 hours ago! Mad

PC is completely out of their depth technologically on this application, and I just submitted my Feedback about the error telling them so!

I've have had about enough too. I have never experienced this many bugs with a program. It seems they are endless.
I am not new to working with programs and troubleshooting them with the programmers. But, this is just plain frustrating and upsetting. In all my years in doing this I have never ever had this much frustration.
I keep getting the pop up saying I need to do the firmware update. My firmware is up to date.
I have wasted 3 days of my time troubleshooting this program. I just give up. I will go play when it is actually consumer ready. This experience has been a nightmare for me. It is very difficult to troubleshoot with the programmers when there is no feedback sent back to us. This isn't working together on a project. I'm use to interaction and communication from the programmers. You don't even know if they received or read the problem.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/22/2011(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 5:44:52 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I haven't been able to cut the last two updates pretty much. I have learned though that once you do get a cut (on a rare occasion) then something seems to happen. That firmware update.. ? I had to reinstall the program which then also did something with the adobe air. It seems like it's corrupting a file somehow after it's done something. I've had that a few times and each time have had to do the same thing to get it to go away. I've not had time to mess with things since last week, so may go give it a try later. I'm also curious as to whether I can get my mac to do anything so I'm going to try that also. If I can't get the Mac to work.. then that's two different OS systems that makes me think it's the machine or something within the program that is just hit and miss with people.

Khrista
MaryScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:56:19 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Well I got a semi answer in the Q&A thread. They didn't know there was a problem but their looking into this.

WHAT????? If you look at this post date. I posted about it 3 months ago.

I sent in Feedback on numerous occasions with NO REPSONSE. I take that back. They told me to call CS.

Guess what CS is not trained yet to answer questions for CCR.

That just proves to me they don't even read the feedback we send. If they are not going to work with me.

Then there is no point to all of this. I'm just going to spare myself the frustration of all of this.
mallorym Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:51:27 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
Well I got a semi answer in the Q&A thread. They didn't know there was a problem but their looking into this.

WHAT????? If you look at this post date. I posted about it 3 months ago.

I sent in Feedback on numerous occasions with NO REPSONSE. I take that back. They told me to call CS.

Guess what CS is not trained yet to answer questions for CCR.

That just proves to me they don't even read the feedback we send. If they are not going to work with me.

Then there is no point to all of this. I'm just going to spare myself the frustration of all of this.

The error that I was referring to as never having been seen before is the "cannot contain null addresses". Unless I'm misunderstanding, this error was not seen before build 59 and is not an issue for all users. I just met with our development team and they are researching this error to identify how to resolve it.

As far as the Windows 7-64 bit and your Imagine, you may try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. There is a chance that the drivers did not install properly on your Windows 7 computer. If you need help doing this (or if anyone else needs assistance with this issue), please send me a PM and I can work with you individually.

Update: uninstalling and reinstalling drivers does not seem to resolve the issues being experienced with Windows 7 and Imagine print & cut. I'll keep you all posted when we have resolved the issue within Craft Room's coding.

Edited by user Monday, August 29, 2011 8:05:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:11:49 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post
The error that I was referring to as never having been seen before is the "cannot contain null addresses". Unless I'm misunderstanding, this error was not seen before build 59 and is not an issue for all users. I just met with our development team and they are researching this error to identify how to resolve it.

As far as the Windows 7-64 bit and your Imagine, you may try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. There is a chance that the drivers did not install properly on your Windows 7 computer. If you need help doing this (or if anyone else needs assistance with this issue), please send me a PM and I can work with you individually.

Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers didn't resolve the issue. I Pm'd you.
CrafytLady Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:07:31 PM(UTC)
CrafytLady

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have found that CCR works like a dream with my MAC. I never have a problem as I did with my PC. I'm a very happy camper and am very productive with my designs. I feel very fortunate.
MaryScraps Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:45:29 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I guess this issue isn't a priority right now so for those having issues don't look for a fix anytime soon.

CricketCMV on 8/26/2011(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:38:23 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I had a successfull install!! Here's what I did.

1. Unistalled CCR from my computer.

2. Downloaded the CCR program from PC's website and saved it to my computer.

3. I right clicked and went to compatibility on the Cricut-craftroom.exe install file.
A. I checked run as Administrator.
B. I checked run as windows xp service pack 3 version.

4. Installed CCR

5. It installed into my program files (X86)
A. I went into the programs files>CCR
B. I right clicked on each file (Cricut-Craftroom.exe, getmacaddress.exe, and CCRbridge.exe)
I checked the compatibilty of each file to make sure each file had these settings.
(windows xp service pack 3 version and run as administrator)If they didn't I checked the box to them.

6. I logged in 2 x's successfully!! I was able to print and cut from Lori's Garden Cartridge with my Imagine!!
I did try to cut only from the sentimental cartridge but it wouldn't cut.

7. When I went to cut I did get the message box to update my firmware. My firmware is up-to-date so I just clicked ok.
I had to do this a couple times before it would actually print and cut for me.

I wanted to share this with everyone so you can try this if your having problems.

Mary

Edited by user Friday, August 26, 2011 2:55:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV on 8/26/2011(UTC)
LizzyCz Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:12:32 PM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi, I tried to go set by step as you described and still having problems. It will print and cut from my imagine carts, but won't cut from my regular carts, it will print them, but won't cut them. Thanks for helping. Have you tried printing and cutting from a regular cart and imagine at the same time? Just wondering.
MaryScraps Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:30:02 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: LizzyCz Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I tried to go set by step as you described and still having problems. It will print and cut from my imagine carts, but won't cut from my regular carts, it will print them, but won't cut them. Thanks for helping. Have you tried printing and cutting from a regular cart and imagine at the same time? Just wondering.

Yes I have tried regular cartridges and it isn't working for me.

I was able to print and cut from a imagine cartridge one time.
Now the imagine won't cut from imagine cartridges either for me.

That is something the developers will have to work on.
MaryScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:41:27 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I did get the imagine cartridge to print/cut a couple more times.

It is very inconsistant when it decides it will cut or not.

I haven't been able to pin point exactly what I am doing that is allowing it to print/cut sometimes but not others.

Or it could possible be a communication error. I'm still troubleshooting it.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
LizzyCz on 8/25/2011(UTC), CricketCMV on 8/26/2011(UTC)
LizzyCz Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I took my usb cord out of the port and will go have a cold one. I did a couple little things with my imagine, just didn't use ccr, did it the old fashioned way. Kudos to those of you that have been working on this program. Hope you got a little help with ink and paper.
turnedgypsy Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:13:18 PM(UTC)
turnedgypsy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Are anyone posting projects they made using the Cricut Craft Room software? I never see any blogs posting. Any of you guys using it yet. I have not got an invite yet. I think I will not try to use it until all the bugs will get worked out even if I do get an invite.

I would love to see some projects made using it. I hear some say it works with Imagine and then others say it does not. I gave my Expression to my niece because I use my Imagine now and my E was not getting any use out of it. Is it working with Imagine or Not? I love my Imagine and can not wait to get to play with this software, but it sounds like the CCR still has lots of issues. Thanks

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
MaryScraps Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:04:46 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

There have been a few projects that people have done.

You probably won't see many projects posted until all the bugs are worked out.

Lady Bug S Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 5:49:22 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I had a successfull install!! Here's what I did.

1. Unistalled CCR from my computer.

2. Downloaded the CCR program from PC's website and saved it to my computer.

3. I right clicked and went to compatibility on the Cricut-craftroom.exe install file.
A. I checked run as Administrator.
B. I checked run as windows xp service pack 3 version.

4. Installed CCR

5. It installed into my program files (X86)
A. I went into the programs files>CCR
B. I right clicked on each file (Cricut-Craftroom.exe, getmacaddress.exe, and CCRbridge.exe)
I checked the compatibilty of each file to make sure each file had these settings.
(windows xp service pack 3 version and run as administrator)If they didn't I checked the box to them.

6. I logged in 2 x's successfully!! I was able to print and cut from Lori's Garden Cartridge with my Imagine!!
I did try to cut only from the sentimental cartridge but it wouldn't cut.

7. When I went to cut I did get the message box to update my firmware. My firmware is up-to-date so I just clicked ok.
I had to do this a couple times before it would actually print and cut for me.

I wanted to share this with everyone so you can try this if your having problems.

Mary

I changed CCR to run as administrator and printed several times to the imagine. Thanks for sharing.
 1 user thanked Lady Bug S for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 9/3/2011(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:59:14 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I'm glad I could help.
JRick Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:42:46 AM(UTC)
JRick

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Has this worked for anyone having problems after build 60 - I can't even get it to stay openCrying
MaryScraps Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:03:29 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

When I took my virus program deep guard protection off I could sign in.

In my virus program under applications control, I added ccrbridge.exe and getmacaddress.exe. to the list.

Then I was in working order.
Narelle on 9/3/2011(UTC)