Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DisneyScrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 9:02:44 PM(UTC)
DisneyScrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Has anyone attempted to create the Buzz Lightyear on page 38 of this cart? I am having a horrible time figuring out the layers, and I am cutting fairly large (8"). Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!
♧♥AngelsWay♧♥ Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:15:50 AM(UTC)
♧♥AngelsWay♧♥

Sorry I can't help I am cutting Buzz Page 40 and also am having a horrible time with layers and I cut at 8 1/2!

Edited by user Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:18:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DisneyScrapper Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:39:04 AM(UTC)
DisneyScrapper

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I was finally able to figure him out, but I had to cut him at 10 inches. My nephew is turning 4 next month, and we're having a Toy Story birthday party. The Buzz on p. 38 is the one he picked out of the book for his invitations, so I decided to do a large-sized one as a test to figure out the layers. Even at 10" some of the pieces were so small, there is NO WAY I'll be able to do one of these small enough for his party invitations! I think instead I'm going to use the Buzz head on p. 35 for the invites and use the 10" characters for decorations (I've already done a Woody at 10" to go along with the Buzz).

I'm attempting to attach pictures of both the characters I've done so far (Buzz on p. 38 and Woody on p. 30).
DisneyScrapper attached the following image(s):
Buzz.jpg
Woody.jpg
 3 users thanked DisneyScrapper for this useful post.
Kim S on 1/22/2011(UTC), garagesaler on 3/15/2011(UTC), Soshescraps on 2/23/2013(UTC)
Cuttlebug_fan Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:06:25 AM(UTC)
Cuttlebug_fan

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I used the Buzz on page 35 for the invitations. They turned out pretty cute.
Kim S Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 4:55:52 PM(UTC)
Kim S

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Nice job! I don't think you can do Buzz small.. too many pieces. I did himat 7.5 and I thought.. there's no way to go anywhere near a 3-4" one!!
couponlover Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 7:50:32 PM(UTC)
couponlover

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 489 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Okay so now I don't feel so inept! I was trying to do buzz pg 36 at 2.5 inches and thought geez this is so hard. I was beginning to get discouraged, but at least I know its not just me! I am fairly new to Cricut (I've had the machine for a couple years, but just never used it) Well now that i found cricutmachine.com and so many "cheap" cartridges, I decided to get into it again. I planned on using the Toy Story cart to make my son's thank you cards for his b-day, but "ain't no way" I can take the time to do them (at least no with that Buzz. Anyway, sorry to change the subject and rant.... Your buzz and woody look great!
Christine Sekora Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:17:34 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Oh never think you are inept at all, especially when it comes to these...they are definitely not designed to be cut at small sizes. I just about pulled out my hair too when I tried it small...LOL. I finally cut mine at 11 and still had some pieces that I had issues with. I have to use my best paper. I have a Gypsy so I was able to go in and eliminate some of the very tiny unnecessary cuts and that helped too
AMYMCCANTS Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 2:59:30 PM(UTC)
AMYMCCANTS

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I too have had "fun" trying to cut the small buzz and woody even. I love this cart and the cars one, but they sure take a lot of time to put it all together. Glad to hear I am not the only one trying to figure out just where the layers go. :)
gayle Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:50:15 PM(UTC)
gayle

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 20 post(s)
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I tried to make this Buzz three times, was getting very discouraged, but after I saw your Buzz I finished mine in a matter of minutes. So glad people post stuff like this on the boards. I would show you mine but I have troubles posting. Thanks again.

Gayle

I tried again to post and I think I did it!

Edited by user Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:02:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
IMG_7031.JPG (1,635kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
 1 user thanked gayle for this useful post.
Steelwillow on 4/4/2011(UTC)
SheriKins Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:44:26 AM(UTC)
SheriKins

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I am so glad I decided to check out part of the forum out. Usually I have no problems with the cuts but I am having a very hard time. I just bought this cart this past week. I spent over 4 hours yesterday and was about to give up. I was doing Woody and Jessie both at 4 inches and all I can say is ...OMG!! Now I know not to attempt them at that size. But it is dishardening that I cant use it like I wanted to. My grandson loves Toy Story and planned on doing a lot with this cartridge...layouts. Oh well I am just glad its not just me. Yours looks real good.
CraftyDisneyMom Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:29:47 PM(UTC)
CraftyDisneyMom

The page 36 Buzz is killing me! I got my Cricut for Christmas and think maybe this particular one is out of my league as a beginner. I will figure it out though if it takes me till we leave for Disney World in May!
AuntieKLE Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:08:01 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyDisneyMom Go to Quoted Post
The page 36 Buzz is killing me! I got my Cricut for Christmas and think maybe this particular one is out of my league as a beginner. I will figure it out though if it takes me till we leave for Disney World in May!

The Disney Cartridges are tough at first to work with especially at small sizes.

When you look at the page you will see cuts in each box. The ones on the bottom are no shift cuts and the ones on the top are the shift cuts.

Choose your size cut on your machine. Make sure Real Dial Size is OFF.

I wish there was a better explaination of where each piece goes once it is all cut out. But we just have to look at the picture and hope we put the pieces in the right places. Some characters are easier than others.

I have the Cars cartridge and the first one I made was for the firetruck. I still haven't got it put together yet. As it has lots of tiny pieces and you have to look on the firetruck to figure out where to put the pieces.

Welcome to the Cricut World!

If you need any help, just ask!

shammysc75526f55 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
shammysc75526f55

Confused I was trying to do Buzzlightyear on page 36. I think I finally figured out where everything goes, but the shadow that everything attaches to seems much larger than the cutouts...is this how they usually work? I have never attempted a cut out with a shadow before, so this is all new to me. I cut it out at 8", should I attempt to make the shadow smaller? Or is that just how it is suppose to be? Thanks for any help.
Soshescraps Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:51:54 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1091 time(s) in 871 post(s)
Those look fantastic! Glad you figured them out!
cherylhudson6019ae14788 Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 9:18:44 AM(UTC)
cherylhudson6019ae14788

Okay! I feel like a total idiot then! I have been working on a JUST Woody's head, and I have been doing it from craftroom. I CANNOT get the sizing right! Even in the book it says use 5". Thats nice, but when I type in the five to make it five inches, the numbers change,so five in height is not also five in width (Does that make sense) I feel like I need more detail instruction!

I have only had my machine for three days, and I bought it specifically for party decor/invitations. But I REALLY don't want to do the characters at 5 inches! that will take more paper than I am willing to use!

ALSO- can anyone chat with me and walk me through "Layers" Because I feel I may be doing it incorrectly.

my email is cherylhudson601@gmail.com