Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sylviadone Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:13:52 AM(UTC)
sylviadone

Groups: Registered

I am looking for reccomendations for "runner" style adhesives that wont break the bank? I have found some of my cards are coming apart before I can utilize them..sadly.
MikeBates Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 5:47:50 PM(UTC)
MikeBates

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would strongly recommend the Scotch ATG system. The initial outlay is considerably more than the throw away applicators because you would need to purchase the "applicator gun" which runs around $50 but after that initial purchase you can find the tape for as little as $1.50 for a 36 yard roll.
melizabeth35 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:17:58 AM(UTC)
melizabeth35

I absolutely agree with MikeBates. I love the ATG gun and if you do a fair amount of crafting where you use the tape runner type of adhesive, there's no better way to go. Highly recommend it!
scrappy_becki Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:28:46 AM(UTC)
scrappy_becki

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I also agree with the posts about the ATG. I purchased mine a while back & have the 714. You can get the new pink one at Michaels for $36 & then you can use a 40% off coupon! But then my friends & I order the refills in bulk & get a 36 yrd roll for a buck something each!

The adhesive is strong, but can be removed with UnDo. If you set something down, you can still take it up if done slowly if you don't press it down right away.

Good luck with your decision.

BTW, we have used cropandstick.com & they have the pink ATG gun too!
MichelleBlitchington Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 5:29:12 PM(UTC)
MichelleBlitchington

I would like an ATG gun, but I am still new at this so I'm not ready to put out the money. For $9, I buy the Xyron tape runner...it comes with a refill as well as tape in the runner itself. It's very easy to refill too! I've tried many others and this is the only one I like so far :-)
AmandaRemus Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:27:36 PM(UTC)
AmandaRemus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The pink ATG is only $36 at michael's. It is well worth it. I love it and the refills are cheaper than the smaller runners and last longer.
LaGeorgiaPaperie Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:18:21 AM(UTC)
LaGeorgiaPaperie

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Definitely an ATG! I don't think you'll find a bad review on it!
KraftinKC Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:30:45 PM(UTC)
KraftinKC

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Another ATG fan here...sadly I purchased mine way back when they were around $60--ordered online and paid alot for shipping. Now you can pick up that cute pink one at Michaels, and even use the current 50% JoAnnes coupon...can't beat it for ease of use, durability and cost (in the long run)
Trixi Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:27:19 PM(UTC)
Trixi

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 97 post(s)
before I got my ATG I was using the glue glider pro. You can usually get it from Mike's or Hobby Lobby with a coupon.
HisGem Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:39:30 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
I agree with the ATG! Second choice would be a Glue Glider Pro. The adhesive is strong, but refills cost more for less.
Trasee Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:10:11 AM(UTC)
Trasee

I picked up the ATG yesterday at Mike's with Jo's 50% coupon.yeah saved $20.00. I had to go back though because the refill packs for 2 says $5.99 on shelf and it rang at $9.99. Easy fix. However I got home looked in ATG pack and it did not have the 2 rolls in it as stated. Ugghh think its just me. LoL I called Mike's and they said they will get more in tomorrow (of course I got the last one) and I could call to make sure then come in to exchange straight across. She did tell me they for some reason did not correct the price on the adhesives and that she would do that right away. LoL Definately might just be me. Flapper Flapper Flapper
scrapnkitty Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 10:56:36 AM(UTC)
scrapnkitty

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sylviadone wrote:
I am looking for reccomendations for "runner" style adhesives that wont break the bank? I have found some of my cards are coming apart before I can utilize them..sadly.

I am another ATG fan. Just out of curiosity, what runner were you using? I had some issues with a brand, and that is how I ended getting the ATG.
scrapnkitty Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 10:59:07 AM(UTC)
scrapnkitty

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Trasee wrote:
I picked up the ATG yesterday at Mike's with Jo's 50% coupon.yeah saved $20.00. I had to go back though because the refill packs for 2 says $5.99 on shelf and it rang at $9.99. Easy fix. However I got home looked in ATG pack and it did not have the 2 rolls in it as stated. Ugghh think its just me. LoL I called Mike's and they said they will get more in tomorrow (of course I got the last one) and I could call to make sure then come in to exchange straight across. She did tell me they for some reason did not correct the price on the adhesives and that she would do that right away. LoL Definately might just be me. Flapper Flapper Flapper

I get my ATG tape at M's too, just be aware that they carry two different kinds. Photosafe, $9.99 and regular, $5.99. The $5.99 is fine for cards, but if you are using pics, you need the spendy stuff. Just a heads up.
 1 user thanked scrapnkitty for this useful post.
Penguin Collector on 10/22/2010(UTC)
StrawberryShortcake Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 11:02:12 AM(UTC)
StrawberryShortcake

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Where is the 50% for Joanns? I'd love to purchase this ATG at Michaels but cant find a coupon.

Thanks!
KristenLong Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 11:37:23 AM(UTC)
KristenLong

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 459 time(s) in 256 post(s)
Also ATG fan here!! The initial cost is a bit but it will definitely save you on the long run! I am doing an ATG tape share right now and you get 12 rolls of ATG tape for $22 shipped! That is a lot of adhesive!!
Penguin Collector Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 3:58:24 PM(UTC)
Penguin Collector

United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Trasee wrote:

My M's also had the refill priced wrong ($9.99 at the register & $5.99 on the shelf), but they were unwilling to fix it--the manager went to look at the shelf & came back & told me I was wrong--that the shelf said $9.99, I went back & checked and the shelf still had $5.99.urg!! I hate being lied to!!Mad Mad
DeeScraps Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:12:28 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I tink 'm going to have to get one of these. I have the Glue Glider and I'm not thrilled with how it works. They also cut down the amount of feet in a refill.....from when I first bought the gun. The ATG always looked a little "BIG" to me and I've wondered if it was awkward to use?

Dee
Trasee Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:17:09 PM(UTC)
Trasee

scrapnkitty wrote:

I get my ATG tape at M's too, just be aware that they carry two different kinds. Photosafe, $9.99 and regular, $5.99. The $5.99 is fine for cards, but if you are using pics, you need the spendy stuff. Just a heads up.

Yeah silly me didn't realize til I went back to exchange ATG for full pack there were two different kinds. LoL I did however pick the photosafe one. Our Mikes had both regular and photosafe marked 5.99. weird but good.
Trasee Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:19:10 PM(UTC)
Trasee

StrawberryShortcake wrote:
Where is the 50% for Joanns? I'd love to purchase this ATG at Michaels but cant find a coupon.

Thanks!

Check online sometimes you cand find them online at their site, mine was in the flyer. Actually it had two in there but one is only good for today and yesterday.
Trasee Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:20:34 PM(UTC)
Trasee

DeeScraps wrote:
I tink 'm going to have to get one of these. I have the Glue Glider and I'm not thrilled with how it works. They also cut down the amount of feet in a refill.....from when I first bought the gun. The ATG always looked a little "BIG" to me and I've wondered if it was awkward to use?

Dee

I always thought it would be way to big also but I've heard all the raves about it then this forum sold me. Real smooth use too. BigGrin
Khrista Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:54:19 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I was using the glidepro and it was getting expensive and was a pain if the tape got messed up. I bought the ATG714... and you can find the tape refills usually on ebay for less than $2 a roll.. I think I paid $22 for 12 rolls with free shipping last time I got it. Seems the least expensive place to get the refills that I can find. I thought it would be bulky etc.. but I think it's easier to use than the glidepro.

:)Khrista
DeeScraps Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:08:43 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Thanks. I will check it out the next time I get to a Michaels. I don't have one close to me.

Dee