Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jennyleigh7 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:38:03 PM(UTC)
jennyleigh7

Groups: Registered

Hey Everyone Im new to this whole world of Cricut, I do scrapbooking for my 2 young daughters but this all just seems SOOOOO HARD and so OVERWHELMING!!!! I don't know where to start, what I can use, if there are lessons or classes to help me learn everything I need to know about my cricut, I just downloaded craft room and being a single mom of 2 I don't have much time but on the weekends to do these things and I don't have the money to buy the cartridge's. I gu3ess what im trying to say is that im ready to sell this because I have NO idea where to start on their baby books, I would like to make little images for my 3 year old daughters valentines day envelopes, I have TONS of card stock, the glitter, stamps, glue dots and many other things but im so beyond frustrated because I feel like this machine has defeated me and making my creativity impossible to come out, Im not a very "crafty" person but I want to be and that's why I wanted this so badly, but I feel so defeated and frankly stupid because I just don't have a clue.......can ANYONE help me, give me some newbie advice, maybe if anyo0ne lives lose we can have a scrapbooking day, maybe send me some info on other websites on how to create, and maybe help with getting myself cartridge's I can actually use, im so confused and have no idea what to do here.....SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! Confused Crying Mad
*Violette* Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:19:06 PM(UTC)
*Violette*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 114 post(s)
First...Welcome to the world of Cricut!!

Now, take a deep breath or two. (((HUGS))) There are plenty here among the message boards that can help you. For starters, one great place to just look at some projects on what can be made is the Cricut Project Center and Make page. Also, there are lots of members that have blogs. If we've linked out blog to our profile, you'll see a blog button at the bottom of our posts/replies or if you visit that member's profile.

You can click here to view my blog. Many bloggers will have detailed "how-to" photos and videos on how to do a project.

What Cricut machine do you have? Do you have any cartridges?
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 5:55:08 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2314 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
YouTube has so many tutorials you could go and watch. When I first started, I watched sooooo many videos and this gave me much inspiration and ideas. All I can say is to relax and enjoy your crafting. It's not supposed to be stressful. Smile Eventually, it will all come and will be so easy for you. Take your time and practice with your Cricut. There are many members here who can answer any questions you may have. So ask away and have fun!! Smile BigGrin
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 6:58:08 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 782 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Take a deep breath and take baby steps at first. To keep from being totally overwhelmed, I would suggest that rather than searching an infinity of utubes, blogs and such that you just take an hour or so and go through each one of the video tutorials that is found right on board with ccr.
On the side panel, click help & feedback and the video tutorials - go through them one at a time and get a basic understanding of the ccr.

Next you have a always free cartridge in ccr called cricut craftroom basics. It has a basic font and basic shapes. You can do a very simple valentine project for your envelopes by using what is there and free.

Take what you learn in the videos and play with the free cartridge. Here is an example of what is on the cart that you could do valentine related. Take your glitters, stamps, etc and embellish the cuts as you like. It will take off from there - I promise.

PC gives you a free to use cart or part of a cart every week but the craftroom basic cart is always free. The weekly freebie will generally tie in with upcoming holidays. You just have to use it and make your cuts within the free days usually from Wed to Wed and then they will change it
Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
untitled.JPG
untitled1.JPG