Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

conniegiltz Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:06:02 AM(UTC)
conniegiltz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This problem started about a year ago, thought I had posted about it but can't find it so I will start from the beginning. I have the Expression machine and was able to work in CCR with no problems.

First, my expression will cut the old fashion way, using a cart directly in the machine.

Last Oct. I was in CCR cutting and my expression stopped in the middle of a cut, at that time before the cut I had done an update that included updating the firmware on my cricut expression. I posted my problem and got some help, did what was suggested and had no luck. At that point I was frustrated so walked away, I haven't done anything since. I now want to work on some projects so I started from scratch.

By starting from scratch I mean I removed everything cricut from my computer by uninstalling it all. I have a laptop that is running Windows XP, nothing has changed on my computer. After doing the uninstalls I went through and cleared all temp files and cookies and caches a total clean up by right clicking on my c drive icon and going into properties and checking off everything there to clean off, then I did the same thing in my browser, also did one using my anti virus, after each action I rebooted my computer, then I installed ccr again, made sure there was an exception for the programs in my firewall, also during all this my anti virus has been shut down.

After it was reinstalled I clicked on ccr and it started up, it asked which account to run it on, I chose the one recommended, at this point I hadn't plugged in my expression, when the box went away for which account to run it under I went up to file to open up and view my projects, the only choice that was clickable was exit. So I then connected my expression to my computer, which in the past didn't need to be on to design a project, and nothing at all happens that is any different, its as if my expression isn't there.

So that is my history to date.

Now the next problem, I have also tried using my gypsy and when I hit the cut button it gives me a message that the cable needs to be connected to the expression, it is connected. So I am thinking I have two problems, something is wrong at the point the cable connects through the expression, it seems to be a firm connection, doesn't appear to be loose. And for some reason CCR won't work on my computer. I know I was able to design a project in CCR before without my expression being connected, then when I wanted to cut I would connect and turn on my expression and it would cut fine. I have tried other printer cables with the same boxy connector but they feel loose, not like the cricut cord which feels firm with no wiggle.

So that is my problem, hopefully I explained it with out a lot of confusion sometimes its hard to remember everything involved but I wrote down each thing I did as I was doing it so I could be clear here. I don't know if I have missed a step with all I have done so hoping someone might have some other tips to get CCR up and working again. and any suggestions about the cord problem is welcome too.

Thank you
Connie
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:13:16 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Your best bet is going to be to call PC and let CS troubleshoot with you on the phone. There are so many different things that could be going on and depending on what CS has you try, if that doesn't work, they have the other options and can even take control of your computer remotely.

Until you can talk with CS, you might want to try Air Zapper to make sure all of Adobe Air was removed. That's been an issue for some users in the past.

PC can also help if it's the cord and with your Gypsy.
derhartdf2ef833 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:05:29 PM(UTC)
derhartdf2ef833

I am having the same problem. I actually printed from the CCR a few hours ago and now it won't recognize my cricut, ugh!!! I have totally uninstalled Adobe Air too. Calling....

UPDATE!!!!

You need to have Adobe Air to activate the program... After waiting for a representative for a while I decided I would try to problem solve again. I used the Cricut Sync again. It took a long time to update, so long I decided to stop it and start again. The second time it only took about 30 minutes to sync and update. I tried going to the CCR and cut again, it worked!!! I have some more to cut out but not tonight so hoping it will still work tomorrow, last time it didn't but at least I have one more thing to try next time.

I hope it works for you!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:01:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed problem

melodylanedesigns Online
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:05:59 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1786 time(s) in 887 post(s)
Could be a cord problem, I had a problem with a printer and called support they suggested I get a new cord and that fixed the problem. Cricuts use the same cords as printers.
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:28:28 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: derhartdf2ef833 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem. I actually printed from the CCR a few hours ago and now it won't recognize my cricut, ugh!!! I have totally uninstalled Adobe Air too. Calling....

UPDATE!!!!

You need to have Adobe Air to activate the program... After waiting for a representative for a while I decided I would try to problem solve again. I used the Cricut Sync again. It took a long time to update, so long I decided to stop it and start again. The second time it only took about 30 minutes to sync and update. I tried going to the CCR and cut again, it worked!!! I have some more to cut out but not tonight so hoping it will still work tomorrow, last time it didn't but at least I have one more thing to try next time.

I hope it works for you!

Yes, you do need Adobe Air to run CCR. It should download when you download CCR but, if anyone has uninstalled CCR, it doesn't always completely uninstall Adobe Air and any remaining parts of the program block it from downloading when trying to install CCR again. Air Zapper removes all traces of Adobe Air.

Glad you got CCR working. Don't hesitate to call CS if you need them.
JoyceG Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:52:09 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Not sure this could be your problem but I have 2 places on my laptop to connect cords to. One works with my E and the other one doesn't. I've never hooked anything else up to my laptop so not sure if that one just bad or if it just doesn't like the E. But as long as I have one that will work...I'm ok.

Joyce