Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

clnzyb2f4586c Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 7:46:10 AM(UTC)
clnzyb2f4586c

Groups: Registered

Hello! I hope someone has some tips for meBigGrin . I'm fairly new to crafting and using my cricut--which I love! I'm trying to decoupage some of the cuts I've made on the cricut onto a painted canvas but I'm having a hard time. I made some Mickey decoupaged canvases for my sons birthday which turned out well so I thought I'd do some Christmas themed ones. Turns out the Mickey success may have been beginners luck. I'm having a hard time getting the die cuts to adhere well to the painted canvas, then when I decoupage, the edges curl. I've tried glue stick, just using the Mod Pog for adhesive, glue pen, and lastly, spray adhesive. No luck. I have a xyron but am waiting for the refill to arrive (hopefully today). Any input would be appreciated!!!
Mommer Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 8:41:43 AM(UTC)
Mommer

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hi

I just did a bunch of die cuts multiple layers on painted canvas.
I used Scotch quick dry adhesive for between the paper layers, let them dry before putting on the canvas.
I used mod podge to adhere to painted canvas.

1. Put a layer or two of mod podge on the painted canvas and let dry.
2 On the die cuts I put a layer of mod podge on the back and front and let dry..sort of sealing the die cuts.
3 Put die cut on painted canvas with mod podge turning the canvas over and pressing the die cut and canvas face down on wax paper on a hard surface to get a good seal between the two. (turned over because the canvas is stretchy)
4. Turn back over on front of canvas and cover with multiple layers of mod podge...let dry in between.
(Tip for curled edges..use a brush and put mod podge under the edge and press.)

This take some time but the results are great. I would show the finished product but I didn't use Cricut cuts and I would feel bad if I displayed a non cricut product on their site.

I hope this helps.
clnzyb2f4586c Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 9:08:06 AM(UTC)
clnzyb2f4586c

Thank you!! I'll try this!!!BigGrin
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 3:09:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7560 time(s) in 4429 post(s)
If you can, use as thin of paper to cut your images....this will allow the paper to lay down easier on the surface.

Also, I would brush a thick layer of the mod podge down on the surface of your canvas, lay the images down and lay a thick layer of the mod podge directly over the images, making sure you brush the edges of the images good as you smooth out the mod podge.

If the mod podge looks a little too grainy (let it dry overnight), you can lightly sand the rough edges, lightly run a damp cloth over that after you sand it, to get the residue up and then brush a light layer of mod podge over the surface of the images, once again.

That's what I would do. (Not trying to go over the OP; I didn't read it that closely, so we may have said the same things....just letting you know what I have done in the past.

Char