Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
BingoLady Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:18:06 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
BingoLady like what you did for sketch 3. I have the celebrate with flourish cart and use it a lot. What are some of the other images on the Artian cart?

Thankyou, It's been awhile since I used it, but you can make little boxes
and bows. Alot of nice things in it. One of these days I'll buy it.
BingoLady Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:32:36 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Donna , wow you have been buzy making your wonderful cards. Like the star
embossing. I like the way the circle with the HBDay on it came out.

Turtlebug, very nice Bee happy card, like the tag you used.

Kiethann, wonderful cards, Like the little dragonflies you cut. And the
strawberry paper you used came out really nice.
Kiethann Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:15:31 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 341 post(s)
sketch4 no Cricut or cuttlebugsketch4 with grapes
*NanaDonna* Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:42:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
BingoLady like what you did for sketch 3. I have the celebrate with flourish cart and use it a lot. What are some of the other images on the Artian cart?

The bow Bingolady used from the Artiste cartridge is one of my favorites. Artiste is a CTMH cartridge, it is a little pricey but you get 3 stamps sets and chipboard pieces to fo with it. Well worth it as it has 700 images on it, not like the newer regular cartridge that are out by Cricut. Every key has an image or piece of an image. I love love the CTMH cartridges. I am a dealer so if you want I can offer it to your for 10% off plus tax & shipping. You will not be sorry, just ask Turtlebug. Both Artiste and Art Philosophy are the best cartridges out there as far as I am concerned.

I am sorry I do NOT want to sound like I am giving you a sales pitch, I just really think these 2 cartridges are awesome.
TurtleBug Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:08:09 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Kiethann
#1 - Yummy looking strawberries! Love all the different shades of pink and how you highlighted the the strawberries with the opaque marker. The addition of the tissue for the matting is very creative...will have to try using tissue paper sometime, looks nice!
#2 in Ad Colors - Nice work on your first ever Rosette, looks great! You used up your scraps very well and how you interpreted the sketch.
#4 - Nice color combo, tags and printed BG paper. Like the tiny flowers with the pearl centers....very dainty!

NanaDonna
#4 - LOVE the AG embossing folder, the cute tags and how you made the center ribbon different from the side bows, Very pretty card!

BingoLady
#3 - Nice Christmas card, you finally used one of the bows from the Artiste cart! It looks so pretty, very nice BG paper and like the embossing on the wreath, too!

Had our 13 yr. old DGS visiting from Minnisota since Friday until this evening and keeping him entertained all week-end. He is back with his other Grandma now, so I am anxious to get back to finishing my cards.

Edited by user Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:09:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:18:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
The bow Bingolady used from the Artiste cartridge is one of my favorites. Artiste is a CTMH cartridge, it is a little pricey but you get 3 stamps sets and chipboard pieces to fo with it. Well worth it as it has 700 images on it, not like the newer regular cartridge that are out by Cricut. Every key has an image or piece of an image. I love love the CTMH cartridges. I am a dealer so if you want I can offer it to your for 10% off plus tax & shipping. You will not be sorry, just ask Turtlebug. Both Artiste and Art Philosophy are the best cartridges out there as far as I am concerned.

I am sorry I do NOT want to sound like I am giving you a sales pitch, I just really think these 2 cartridges are awesome.

Kiethann,
When you get ready to buy your next Cricut cartridge I highly recommend you get the ARTISTE. It has so many cuts and 3-D crafting ideas, I guarantee you will love it as much as I do. It is the last cart I have bought in a long time cause it has so many options in it. And, the three stamp sets and chipboard pieces are a great added bonus! If you do purchase it, please let me know if you are satisfied with it...I just know you will beSmile!!
TurtleBug

*NanaDonna* Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 8:31:44 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello Ladies! - Yesterday was a fun day for me and I did not even get into my craft room AND I go in there everyday. LOL

My BFF and her hubby came over and spent the day with us, had dinner and sat out on the deck till 10:30 just visiting. It was a great day and I enjoyed visiting with my friend.

I finished my last sketch today but did not get my picture taken, so I will post that tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend
TurtleBug Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:48:05 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Colors and Extra Crdit
Had to pick up DGC from school and spent the rest of the evening with them. Hurried to get at least one card made by tonight, so Sorry NO Cricut!

Mickey's Head - I ran chipboard through my Zyxron and glued to a sticker of Mickey's head, for dimension.
My Weird Ex. Credit - I picked up a variety of paint samples at Home Depot in very bright color paints for a kids room. The samples were in the shape of Mickey's head and to my surprise, the head peeled right off of the sample cards, so I used it as a sticker on some chipboard!!
Embossing - CuttleBug Folders
"Happy B'day"
" Stars & Stripes"
"Swiss Dots"
Added Red & Black Polka Dot ribbon and a cute tiny bow tie I made from embroidery thread, the eyes and mouth are black Skittles.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:49:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Just Rachel on 8/7/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:30:18 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Wow this has been a lousy week for trying to get my challenges done...took me 4 days to make 1 card. I'll post this evening. Went and bought supplies for my second card and it is not working so back to the drawing board. I will get them done before next week...I hope.

Lisa
*NanaDonna* Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:38:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah, got all my cards done BigGrin
Here is my sketch #2
Papers are from Recollections All Seasons pack
Season Greeting is a Dazzle sticker
The holly cut is from Joy of the Seasons TFL
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:04:01 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hello to all of you ladies. Wonderful cards, Ihope to see some more.Love Love

Here is my # 2 sketch I made it for one of my GrandD Birthday.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 072.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:22:31 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hi ladies...boy I am just in a rut tonight. My kitchen table is covered with stuff and I have yet to get something going.

Sketch #4...my niece's boy is turning 2 (makes me a great aunt I guess, lol).

Cartridge: Create a critter for all the animals and the green vine.

For my tags I just rounded the edges.

For my green I ran through my crimper. tyson2
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:32:50 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Have all my four cards done for this Challenge,also my AD Color card and my Extra Credit, very happy for myself! I will post my #3 tomorrow, it is not scanning very well, so will take a picture in the morning.

My #4 Sketch Card:
Tags - DoodleCharms cartridge
B'day - Metal Brad
Embossing - "Spots & Dots" Cuttlebug folder
Polka Dot BG Paper - Has a very pretty sheen to it, from Michael's single sheet rack.
The tags have the cut-outs in the center, I added striped paper to the back of the party hat, shimmery lavender cardstock to the present, a light swirly print for the cupcake and a small dot of orange for the candle flame. I added two-tone green ribbon to the tags.
TFL!!Smile

Kiethann Offline
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:47:09 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Forgot to mention, while at HL noticed they had some cuttlebug folders marked down and also reduced prices on a lot of the spellbinders. The A2 size were $14.95 each. Also a lot of Paperstudios products are 50% off.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:48:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/7/2013(UTC)
LadybugJett Offline
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:54:19 AM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Wonderful cards, ladies! I just took a mini 3 day vacation with the hubs to the beach. Now to get inspired again.

NanaDonna: great military card. It goes so well with itself, everything looks great. I like the plaid with your red, black, and white card. Love the texture on #4, great job. I must be in a texture mood because I love the look of the fuzzy ribbon on #2 with the holly.

Turtlebug: great "Bee Happy" card, love the ladybug. Great "weird EC" with the Mickey Head, who would've thought. I really like the cutouts on your tags on #4

Keithann: Your circle card is amazing!!! Great strawberry. How did you get your machine to cut tissue paper for the shadow? Cute rosette and sanding. You really go all out! Like your color choices on #4.

BingoLady: very beautiful anniversary card, cute Christmas card. Great job mixing colors and circles on #2

Pan367: Welcome! I hope you will jump in and share a card. You got good instructions on posting pictures already. I usually just do the easy way which is to check the box that says "attach files to this post?"

Lisa: cute cute #4, I hate snakes but yours is adorable!

Keep up the good work, ladies!!!!
 1 user thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/7/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:39:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Here is my card I finished yesterday. I decided not to scan as usual...I didn't like the way the colors showed when scanned. Instead took a camera photo of it today, colors look a bit better!

My Sketch #3 Card:
Circles - Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Fluer de Leis" Folder
Printed Paper - "The Romantic Collection" by Recollections
Embellishments - Mirror finished flower gems to which I added a pearl center
Corners - Fiskar Corner Punch
Sentiment - Beyond Birthdays Cartridge
I cut the circles at 3.75 , 2.75 and 1.75 and glued them to same size each chipboard circles.
Sprayed the senitment with Perfect Pearls Mist in "Perfect Pearl".
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:54:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:44:04 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Catching up on the cards.
NanaDonna...sketch 2 Like the holly and the red ribbon you used. The papers were perfect for the card.

LisaW.....sketch 4 Love the animals you chose and the color combination. I am sure your 2 yr old greatnephew will like the card.

BingoLady... sketch 2 love the colors you chose for the card your granddaughter will be delighted with the card.

TurtleBug....sketch4 like how you put papers behind the cut-outs on the tags and the two-tone green ribbon you used. Sketch 3 Like the shiny flowers and pearls you used for your card.

Ladies I just love looking at all of your cards and the creativity used to make them.
LadybugJett Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Turtlebug, your anniversary card is really pretty, love the greens and glam.
Kiethann Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:11:51 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: LadybugJett Go to Quoted Post
Wonderful cards, ladies! I just took a mini 3 day vacation with the hubs to the beach. Now to get inspired again.

NanaDonna: great military card. It goes so well with itself, everything looks great. I like the plaid with your red, black, and white card. Love the texture on #4, great job. I must be in a texture mood because I love the look of the fuzzy ribbon on #2 with the holly.

Turtlebug: great "Bee Happy" card, love the ladybug. Great "weird EC" with the Mickey Head, who would've thought. I really like the cutouts on your tags on #4

Keithann: Your circle card is amazing!!! Great strawberry. How did you get your machine to cut tissue paper for the shadow? Cute rosette and sanding. You really go all out! Like your color choices on #4.

BingoLady: very beautiful anniversary card, cute Christmas card. Great job mixing colors and circles on #2

Pan367: Welcome! I hope you will jump in and share a card. You got good instructions on posting pictures already. I usually just do the easy way which is to check the box that says "attach files to this post?"

Lisa: cute cute #4, I hate snakes but yours is adorable!

I did not use the cricut....I cut a square piece of tissue paper and glued the strawberry on top of the tissue paper and then trimmed around the strawberry leaving about 1/16 of an inch of the tissue paper around the strawberry.

Keep up the good work, ladies!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:14:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: was trying to answer a question about the tissue paper.

sunnieday Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:12:26 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 326 time(s) in 219 post(s)
sneaking in and taking a look around.... LOL hello ladies
I know its been way to long again... SOOOO much going on lately. Im going to try to get back into the groove of doing these cards. I see you went to every two weeks ha? sounds good to me. I have to start using some of the stuff I have in my crop room. Doesnt do anyone any good to stay in jars, bottles drawers whatever..
hope all is well with all of you

BigGrin
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:19:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

To Donna (NanaDonna)
THE nicest and most sharing and caring Sister-in-Law anyone could ever ask for. Here's wishing you the best today and always!!
Love ya!
Josie
TurtleBug

Edited by user Friday, August 09, 2013 12:29:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:56:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
#2 - Very nice! Like the fuzzy ribbon and the Holly embellie and all the Christmasy patterns and colors.

BingoLady
#2 - Nice, like the embossed strips and the initials in the silver cardstock.

LisaW.
#4 - So cute for your niece's 2yr. old! He will have alot of interesting animals to learn the names of, if he hasn't already...kids are too smart these days!! All cute, but the Monkey is my favorite.

Sunnieday
So nice to see you on here again, you have been missed! Yes, we went to every 2 weeks since everyone was so busy over the Summer and not doing too much crafting. Maybe, when things get back to normal everyone will want to go back to once a week. Do come back and re-join us!
BingoLady Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:38:14 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Happy Birthday Donna
We love you and may you have many many more BirthdaysLove Love

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:42:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:39:42 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hi ladies

Finally...still in a rut but at least got the sketches completed. Not going to make if for the extra credit.

Sketch #1...figure my daughter will need a "teenagish" card now for her friends. She hates pink so might as well use the pink up on her friends, lol.

Cartridge: Rock Princess for the MP3 player...finally took the little sticky off the cartridge and used it.
Stamp: CTMH-clementine
Embossing: Paper studio...think it is called "notes."

Sketch #3 in the ad colors
Cartridge: Hannah Montana for the notes
Nestibilities: Circles
Embossing: Paper studio-notes.

good times

musichb

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:41:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

A big HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY to Donna...hope you had a fun day.

LisaW. Offline
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:59:56 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Forgot I got sketch #2 done...didn't really like it and messed up on the bottom so was going to redo. Was just using some paper from the scrap box.

Cartridge: Old West for the star

*NanaDonna* Offline
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:21:43 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello hope everyone is having a nice weekend sure has been quiet around here Huh

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I had a fabulous day yesterday with family and friends.
LadybugJett Offline
#58 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:56:10 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

BigGrin HaPpY LaTe BiRtHdAy, NaNaDoNnA!!!!BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#59 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:37:31 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Here is my # 4 sketch, And to all of you ladies wonderful cards as always.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
My # 4 sketch , another Xmas card..jpg
TurtleBug Offline
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:37:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LadybugJett
Glad you enjoyed your little get-away with your DH. We all need to do that once in a while. Looking forward to your cards!

LisaW
#1 - Now, who deosn't love pink and black together?? Like the use of two animal prints together and LOVE your your musical notes embossing folder...will have to go hunting for it!The little MP3 player is so cute, what did you use to make the earbuds with?? Perfect teen card!
#3 - Very creative to make a 45 record using the circles in the sketch! Do todays' teens even know what a 45 is??LOL LOL LOL Like the sheet music paper and the white musical notes, are they Brads...if not...which cart are they from?
#2 - Like the mix of the two printed papers, look good together. The red dots on the points of the star are a nice accent. Very nice, simple and to the point card, great for a male.

BingoLady
#3 - Getting ready for Christmas, I see!Laugh
Nice, like the Christmas wreaths and snowflake embossing. Better hurry with your Christmas cards....little over 3 months until Santa comes down the chimmny...AGAIN!!LOL LOL

Hope everyone is having a great week-end!