Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jessica.Abaian73ece154 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:50:16 AM(UTC)
Jessica.Abaian73ece154

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was able to get one cut out of CCR and my E2. Since then it starts to cut, then stops and gets stuck to where I have to turn everything off, restart machine and program to just have it do the same thing again. I called PC Customer Service. We reviewed that I'm running all minimum requirements, and my internet upload and download speeds are 2 and 8 times faster, respectively. Here are my specs:

Mac OS X Version 10.8.3
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DR3

ATT Uverse Internet
Download Speed: 8.89 Mbps
Upload Speed: 1.47Mbps

I just made sure I was updated in the following

Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94
Adobe AIR 3.7

I also tried using a different cord, but I don't think that's the problem because the cricut cord, when attached, shows connected on my E2 machine.

I was thinking about hard wiring my computer to my internet since PC CS said to try that, but my modem is in my daughter's room (since that's where ATT installed as it was closest to the box outside the house, and the mid-point in our home to offer connection throughout the house), and I'd like to work when she's asleep. So that's not going to work, and since I'm at running more than the min requirement, I don't see why that should be necessary.

I purchased this item and about 6 carts, and other craft supplies, a month ago to start my own business from home. Seeing as I can't get my new business up and running because of this problem, should I just return it and try to sell the cartridges? I should have done my due diligence prior to purchasing, but I honestly wouldn't have known to ask these questions. One would think a product like this would work, no?

I would love some advice from other Mac users. I've asked CS about a CCR that's not internet based, that I could purchase as an application for my computer's use. Of course the answer is no. PROVO CRAFT, DO YOU HEAR YOUR CUSTOMERS??? I've read this point numerous times. It's already an application, just remove the online part of it and sell it. It's a money maker, obviously if so many people are asking for it.

Sorry, I'm ranting. I'm just really bummed about this purchase. I usually don't make bad decisions that cost a good amount of money like this.

Other Mac users, how does your work? Any workarounds? Any 3rd party software? Using the little screen on the E2 is just not happening. I tried it yesterday to see if I could just suck it up and forget about CCR, but there was no way. It was way too small and too difficult to do just one cut!

Please help. ADVICE, KEEP OR RETURN/SELL??????
flamechicab8c01664 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:48:50 PM(UTC)
flamechicab8c01664

Groups: Registered

I have had my cricut for a year and a half and CCR has been nothing but a pain in the rear the entire time and i have a pc, so it isn't only a Mac issue. Every time they update, I think "maybe they will finally fix some issues" but it seems to get worse! IF you can take it back, I would and look into one of the other machines, but good luck taking it back. I looked into doing that right after I got mine and the store would not take it back after I opened it and Provo doesn't offer any kind of money back guarantee. I deeply regret ever getting mine. I wish I would've done more research. Since the competitors machines have easier programs, you don't have to buy expensive cartridges, etc.