Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappy_Vee Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:13:05 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I love Creative Memories coloured cardstock. It always cuts beautifully in my expression and I use it for almost all my embellishments. My stash is getting drastically low.

Now CM Australasia is no more, I need to find a new brand. I have purchased Bazzill in the past and found it to inconsistent. Sometimes it cuts beautifully and other times it just cuts rough.

DCWV is white cored and it shows when you layer your cuts together.

Is there another brand out there that is similar to Creative Memories?

I now have access to a Stampin Up consultant and Close To My Heart will launch here in August. Any opinions on their cardstock and papers is very welcome.
grannykathy Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:23:34 PM(UTC)
grannykathy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I LOVE Stamping Up. What about the Cricut paper?
BeckyW. Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:05:45 AM(UTC)
BeckyW.

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Stampin Up is very good. Maybe just experiment with a few different types of cardstock and see which type works best for you.
southgirltexas Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:02:38 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I found Core-Dinations at HL and tried it! Wow every cut comes out right. Do you have Hobby Lobby down there? I ordered some from Amazon (I usuually don't order things on line). And it was great too.
rhondah* Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:13:55 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12312 time(s) in 8234 post(s)
Coredinations is very good and so is Cut Mates. I get it at thepapermillstore.com. Cuts like butter!
PedalPower! Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:20:22 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 26 post(s)
CTMH has a white core, but not near as noticeable as DCWV. It cuts really, really nice in die cutters.

I also really love SU's cardstock. It is thicker than CTMH and does not have a white core.

I also love AC cardstock. Becoming a big fan of it!
NJsharon Online
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:36:51 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Only problem with SU is they are disbanding their scrapbooking line, so will only be selling 8.5x11" cardstock & papers!

CTMH is fantastic quality cardstock. It does have a white core, but not very noticeable & personally I love that as it means it can be sanded or embossed to show the white or inked up etc.

So try looking for a CTMH consultant in Australia soon or better yet, sign up with CTMH yourself! If you have any questions about the CTMH company or products feel free to PM or email me! NJsharon@hotmail.com.
DeeDee87 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:49:02 AM(UTC)
DeeDee87

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Only problem with SU is they are disbanding their scrapbooking line, so will only be selling 8.5x11" cardstock & papers!

CTMH is fantastic quality cardstock. It does have a white core, but not very noticeable & personally I love that as it means it can be sanded or embossed to show the white or inked up etc.

So try looking for a CTMH consultant in Australia soon or better yet, sign up with CTMH yourself! If you have any questions about the CTMH company or products feel free to PM or email me! NJsharon@hotmail.com.

Just curious, where are getting that info? You can still buy 12x12 SU cardstock. They don't have every color available for individual sale, but you can still buy every color in the 12x12 size as a bundle. For instance, you can buy the Brights assortment in 12x12 (which would include all the colors in that family-2 sheets of each).
NJsharon Online
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:58:15 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Sorry if I got my information wrong!

We were told that SU was disbanding their scrapbooking line completely at CTMH convention. Does this mean they are continuing to sell their 12x12 cardstock then?? Could an SU consultant confirm this?

CTMH sells 12x12 Cardstock as a pack of 24 sheets in an individual color for $14.50.
Or you can buy a combo pack of 20 sheets, 2 of each color in that family for $14.50 also.

DeeDee87 Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:05:54 AM(UTC)
DeeDee87

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if I got my information wrong!

We were told that SU was disbanding their scrapbooking line completely at CTMH convention. Does this mean they are continuing to sell their 12x12 cardstock then?? Could an SU consultant confirm this?

CTMH sells 12x12 Cardstock as a pack of 24 sheets in an individual color for $14.50.
Or you can buy a combo pack of 20 sheets, 2 of each color in that family for $14.50 also.

No need to apologize, I was just curious. I am a SU demo, and the information I posted is correct. You cannot buy all the colors in the 12x12 size individually (some you can, but not all). You can get the 12x12 size in bundles though. It would be 20 sheets total, 2 of each color for $9.95. The ones that are available for individual sale in the 12x12 size are only $5.95. HTH!