Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<89101112>»
PedalPower! Offline
#271 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:31:07 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 26 post(s)
That cake looks amazing!!!!! I would like a slice now!
JeanneLee Offline
#272 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:24:24 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi ladies,

Sharon, you look wonderful! How cool that you are in a 14! Congrats!

Nancy
, yummy looking cake...now I need to look for a Italian bakery around here and the next time I allow myself a treat I am going to request one! Sneaky

Sonya
, B-Dubs is what our Marine calls that place. He loved eating there while he was in Georgia at Marine Specialty School. Glad to hear your schedule is opening up so you can get creative with cards again...seems like with summer it was suppose to slow down...where did the summer go?!
SandraB. Offline
#273 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:41:01 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hi everyone;
well, dh & I did something tonite we haven't done in years...we had a slurpee! Only because we got free coupons at ds's bocce game on Mon. nite. Not sure if I will ever have one again...I can't understand why everyone goes so crazy over them. It did taste good though as it's been really hot here today.

Joy: hope your appt. went well. Sounds like you will be busy making blankies again.

Nancy: your cake looks yummy...I don't think I've ever tasted one before

Sandy: nice to see you again

Sharon: you look great, hope your interview went well

Sonja: you really are the lunch gal! Glad your son is enjoying his school year so far. Have fun crafting and lunching

Did some cleaning & purging in the basement today. I'm off scrapbooking tomorrow so have to get my stuff together tonite.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Shelly Offline
#274 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:27:48 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Nancy - Your cake looks and sounds yummy!

Sharon - Congrats on the weightloss. You look great! Good luck on the job interview.

Joy - I am going to try and hit Joanns tomorrow now that I am home and look at the patterns. I don't sew much anymore, but I think I will be doing more again now that I have the grandkids. I used to sew a lot for my kids when they were young, but it was cheaper to do that then. Have you got your door decorations figured out or started for your cruise. I am hoping to work on that for our door soon.

Sandra - I used to get slurpees all the time when I was young. Don't really care for them now.

Sonja - Our schools start on Monday, but I have no kids in school anymore, so I don't have to deal with it. However, a good friend drives a bus and I will miss going shopping with her when school starts. We have a good time in the summer together. Have fun at all your tasty sounding lunches!

My new little grandson got his first set of casts on Monday. He will go back every Monday and get new ones for about 5 to 7 weeks. Then they will do a procedure when he gets the last weekly casts off where they make a small incision in his ankle and clip his achillies (sp) tendon and then recast for two weeks while it heals. He then will were special shoes with a bar between them to hold his feet in the position they want them for 23 hours a day for 3 months, and then will wean him down to only naps and nighttime until he is three years old.

He was really cranky Monday and Monday night. Everytime he stretched and moved around he would cry. They said the first day or so he would be and then he would get used to them and they wouldn't bother him any more. My daughter and I took turns holding him all night so that he would sleep a little better and not scream. Tuesday was better, but night time wasn't. All day today he seemed to do better. I came home so I am hoping it goes better tonight for her. She is nervous, but I know she will do fine. Glad I was there to help her for those first days. Hoping he is getting used to them.

Today was my 32nd anniversary. Had a nice evening with my husband. He got me some gorgeous flowers and we went out to a nice dinner. Can't believe we've been married this long.

Have a good night everyone.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#275 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:17:13 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
I agree Sandra Slurpee are way too sweet not my thing, now give me a nice piece of Cannoli cake LOL

[size=7]SHELLY HAPPY 32ND. ANNIVERSARY[/size] Nice you enjoyed dinner and got flowers

Keeping grandson in my thoughts and prayers

DH had to run off and get my car inspected and a oil change I called to make an appointment and they said can you come now (7:30am) he said I am on my way it like a 40 minute ride he hates waiting so they said they were slow.

Last night was dentist appt. glad I got that done

Played making some cards from "ARTbooking" you have to have "Real Dial Size" on at all times when you are doing a lay out or making a card .
Abby is hereBigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:20:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanneLee Offline
#276 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:06:42 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Shelly, Happy 32nd Anniversary! It does go by fast, doesn't it!

Prayers for you grandson and family...can only imagine how tough this is on everyone right now.

Sandra, hope you enjoyed getting some scrap booking in today!

Nancy
, enjoy your *Abby time*!

I got some mowing and weeding done today. (so my legs/back are sore!)
DH and son left for football practice(5:30-8:30 every night)...first scrimmage
on Saturday!

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:07:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AlyaMama Offline
#277 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:25:59 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
I'm back. Still struggling with jet lag but it's getting better I think. I keep Layla up really late so she'll sleep through the night.

I got my scraproom put back together pretty much, still need more plastic containers and shelves but I think I can deal with it like this for now.

Nancy Happy Birthday. Glad you had a good one.

Shelly it's so great you can help with your grandson, I'm sure your DD appreciates it. Happy anniversry.

Joy I had to laugh, when someone said your new grandbaby, I thought I missed something, but then realized you had a new grandbaby puppy. Congrats!

Debbie wow the wedding is so close. Hope the weather cooperates that day.

Jeanne I love skype, we get the grainy picture alot, but I figure it's better than nothing and it's free. It's not always the best, but I'm ok with what I get. So sorry about your crafty friend.

Sonya that's nice your son is enjoying school, We go back August 28th. I can't wait. I missed my kids, but I'll be glad when they go back to school. Your lunch sounds yummy.

Sandra I never really liked slurpees, way to sweet and cold.

Today we had a playdate with my best friends daughter, the one that is 1 week younger than Alya. They get along so well it's a pleasure to have her here. My freind had a meetingso i told her to leave here. When she came to pick her up she took Alya with her and went to the pool. Sorry to say, it was nice tohave a break from Alya. She's a little high maitenence. I love her, but she wants my attention all the time and wants the boys to play with her. They don't always want to either.

Tomorrow not sure what is going on. I want to craft all day, not sure if that'll happen.

While in the States, I got LOTS of cuttlebug folders with my rewards points. Now I just need to use them. Maybe I'll make a sample of each so I can see what I have.

I'm in LOVE with the new Friends to be made cartride. I think I'll get that one. I love the cutsy ones.

Better go, it's late and I need to sleep soon.

1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/16/2013(UTC)
AlyaMama Offline
#278 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:28:17 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Oooh sorry it's called Create a Friend. I love it.

I still get the security code, why? It's so annoying.

Off to bed.
NJsharon Offline
#279 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:52:05 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Well I think I did well in the Goddard School job interview! They want me to come back on Tuesday morning to be in the classroom for 1-2 hours. :)

Also got a call from Bright Horizons, another child care center & have an interview with them tomorrow at 10am. Bright Horizons is a bit closer to my home & has a much better benefit package & slightly higher wages. So if I get offered both it may win out.

Nice to have options though!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#280 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:12:55 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 1101 post(s)
Glad your interview went well, Sharon! Good luck on the second one. BigGrin

Angie, I thought Create A Friend is really cute, too.

Shelly, poor little grandson. I would be cranky, too. At least he is young enough he doesn't move all that much. Probably harder on Mommy and Daddy then baby.

And HAPPY 32 to you and your DH, Shelly!!!

Sandra, hope you had a good day today scrapping! Is a slurpee carbonated, or is it an icee. DH likes whichever one is carbonated.

Nancy, I looked up Cannoli Cake recipes. I just may have to try one one of these days!

Sonya, it just seems to early for school to start! Megan starts next Monday, with kids starting next Thursday.

JeanneLee, it is so nice you can skype with your son. We really should skype with our distance kids more.

Went to the dentist today for the permanent crown. They could not get the temp crown off, and ended up deadening my mouth. Then, the permanent one got stuck when the doctor was trying to fit it! My mouth is pretty sore tonight, and my face is tired. I don't do the dentist chair very well, anyway, and then all of that happened. My shoulder kept cramping because I was so tense.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#281 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:13:44 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Had a fun day scrapbooking today...got quite a few pages done. Until I realized I hadn't printed off some of Troy's golf pics, so will have to do thatCursing!

Joy: To me the slurpee was just flavoured slushy ice. Hope your mouth feels better soon.

Shelly: happy anniversary, glad you had a nice dinner and flowers. Hoping baby will do ok with his casts, I'm sure things will get better as they go along. Glad you are there for your dd.

Nancy: hope your car inspection and oil change went well. I'm sure learning lots about that cart...I'll be a genius when I get itLOL!

Sharon: glad your 1st interview went well, good luck on your next one.

Angie: I will have to check out that cart, hadn't heard about it before. Glad you got your craftroom back together. Our kids don't start school until Sept.3., staff go back on Aug. 28th. Have fun with your new Cuttlebug folders.

JeanneLee: have fun skyping

Off to the dentist again with Troy tomorrow, to do the root canal which was supposed to be done last week. Then have to go pay for our seasons tickets for hockey.

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
AlyaMama Offline
#282 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:28:17 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Joy- I HATE HATE HATE the dentist. They always want to "save" the tooth. Sometimes I think it would be better to just pull it out and get it over with. They always say to me, wow, your teeth are really bad. I know they are really bad, that's why I'm there. Anyway. Hope your mouth feels better soon.

Sandra so glad you got some scrappin done. I need to sit down and decide what pictures I want to print. I'm so far behind on my pictures. Layla is 17 months old and I haven't even started on her album yet. Not sure what I'm waiting for. Maybe I should get off the computer and work on some craft stuff.

I kick myself every night when I go to bed because I didn't work on any projects.

Ok, that's it, I'm getting off the computer and making something.

See you all later.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#283 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:56:31 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I woke up with Veritgo....

Had to call my DD this morning so she is home taking care of Abigail she is happy I am NOT!!!

This is not fun

Hoping everyone has a great day
NJsharon Offline
#284 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:27:47 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Had the interview at Bright Horizons today & that went really well too! Part of the time was traditional interview, part of the time I was in the classroom with the toddlers. So it was fun!

Go back to Goddard school on Tuesday morning for a follow-up shadowing in the classroom thing.

So find out later next week or early the following week if I got either or both of them & may have a choice! Going to be very tough if I do have to choose as they both have positives & negatives, but leaning towards Bright Horizons (where I went today).

Off tomorrow to a crop. Only 20 minutes away & I am vending my CTMH stuff too. Just 20 croppers tomorrow, but a nice group, so should be fun. Had a pretty busy week, so will be nice to chat & crop! Taking my expression & my 3 CTMH cartridges with me. So may work on some stuff with that there too.

NJsharon Offline
#285 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:29:00 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
I woke up with Veritgo....

Had to call my DD this morning so she is home taking care of Abigail she is happy I am NOT!!!

This is not fun

Hoping everyone has a great day

Oh no, I am so sorry! That cannot be fun. Good job you don't have to take care of Abigail, that would be very rough.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#286 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:08:46 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I sure hope you are doing better by the time you read this! Vertigo stinks.

Sharon, hope you get two job offers!!! Have fun on your crop tomorrow.

Angie, I have a terrible time getting anything done. I was determined to get the scrapbook done from our first trip to Hawaii last winter, then weddings and surgeries hit, and I haven't done a thing on it. And that was like, I think, in 2007. Blushing

My tooth is not happy today. I hope it starts feeling better. If not, it means a root canal. The tooth WAS cracked and did need the crown. If I have to have a root canal, they to sedation denistry, and I will that route. I just don't handle sitting (laying) in that chair well at all.

I went through all of the tops in my closet today. I got rid of, I think, 14 tops, and have a big pile to take up. Some I have been washing in hot water and putting them in the dryer to try and shrink them. For years I wouldn't put ANYTHING of mine in the dryer for fear it would shrink! I still have to go through my dress clothes and my sweaters. I have a hunch my sweaters will mostly be too big. I did buy two pairs of jeans this week. I needed some for the cruise. I think my really formal gowns will be too big, but I have some very dressy dresses I will be able to wear for formal nights.
Shelly Offline
#287 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 6:28:34 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - So sorry about the vertigo. That can't be good. Hope you get over it soon! Glad your daughter could stay home with Abigail. Get well soon!

Sharon - How nice it would be for you to get an offer on both jobs! Then you can choose which one would be best for you. Have fun at your crop!

Angie - Hope you were able to work on some projects today! I know what you mean about it being the end of the day and not getting anything you wanted to done!

Joy - So sorry about the tooth! Hope it starts feeling better. I HATE the dentist also. Especially root canals. I had a couple last year and took a valium before I went and had the gas and I really don't remember anything about it! Congrats on the clothes problem. I am hoping I can still squeeze in my dresses I usually take on cruises for the upcoming cruise. I am trying to loose as much as possible before I leave, but it isn't working too well. Only a couple more weeks now till we are on the boat!

SandraB. Offline
#288 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 7:31:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Spent a good part of today packing stuff up to give to the Diabetes Assoc. truck when it comes around on Mon.

Joy: hope your tooth is feeling better soon. Troy got a root canal done today, so far so good.

Nancy: hope you're feeling better, glad dd was able to stay home with little miss

Sharon: glad your interviews went well, have fun at your crop. Ordered my Artbooking cart last nite.

Shelly: good luck with your weight loss

Angie: hope you got some crafting done today. All I managed to do was move stuff aroundLOL! Did make a trip to M's and bought a few things that were on clearance.

Off to mom's tomorrow afternoon, then my crafting cousin-in-law & cousin are coming for supper. Sunday we've been invited out to our neighbours' new lake lot. Hope it stays nice.

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin
AlyaMama Offline
#289 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:34:11 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Joy I never put my clothes in dryer either, I think they shrink in there.

I've always wanted to do sedation dentistry, but everytime I asked for it they said I could swallow my toungue. I think I'd prefer swallowing my tounge to laying there watching them work. Good luck with the tooth.

When we moved here I had several root canals, 2 teeth pulled, 1 or 2 implants and 4 bridges. All in the span of about 3 weeks. Everyday I had a dentist appointment. We decied to do it this way because if I wan't forced to go back, I wouldn't go. SO I pretty much have a brand new mouth.

Nancy I hope you get over your vertigo. What causes that?

Sandra I did get most of the banner done, just need to add the letters. My mom and I opened an etsy store, so I'm making a banner for her to take to craft shows to promote our little venture.

Shelly wow 2 weeks until you cruise. I've always wanmted to go on a cruise. Maybe someday.

Back to the banner.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#290 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:27:00 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I hope you are doing better.

Angie, WOW! And Etsy store!!! Hope it goes great for you!

Sandra,how is Troy's mouth doing?

Shelly, is baby getting used to his leg stuff?

My tooth is not doing better. Worse, I think. I just DREAD thinking about going back. I would almost rather live with pain then have dental work done. But we leave in two weeks. I don't know what to do.

Two weeks till the cruise. If I can get it done, I think I want somethin on my cabin door like: I am directionally challengesd so I had to put this sign on my door so I could find my cabin. DH will cringe. I just need to figure out how to say that in less words!
Shelly Offline
#291 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:54:50 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

My grandson is getting used to his casts so he is sleeping better for my poor daughter. Hope the new ones next week don't start it all over. They aren't supposed to.

Sandra - Hope Troy's mouth is doing ok!

Nancy - Are you feeling better? Hope so!!

Angie - Good luck with your Etsy store! That is so neat. Hope it goes well for you!

Joy - You better get the tooth fixed. You don't want to be miserable on your cruise. My dentist gave me a valium to take before I got there, and then did gas for me. I don't remember anything! It was great. On past cruises I have decorated our door. The first time I told my husband he wasn't so sure about it. BUT, now he asks me if I'm making something because it helps him find our room down those long corridors. I've had people in cabins around us tell me they liked it cuz it helped them too. Here's a picture of what I did on a past cruise. Not sure what I'm going to do for Alaska. Going to go to Zurcher's and look around later.

Edited by user Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:58:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
SANY0222.JPG (2,442kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
SANY0224.JPG (1,201kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
joyfullycrafting Offline
#292 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:08:20 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

WOW Shelly!!!! You REALLY decorated your door!!!

I love it when people are celebrating something and the cruise line puts balloons on their door. It helps me find my door! LOL Flapper Laugh
BingoLady Offline
#293 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:45:30 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Hello to all of you wonderful ladies, I just got back from a three day
stay in Las Vegas. We went to celebrate my Sister in Laws Birthday. I didn't
winMad Mad but I really had a great time. I hope all of you are having a
great weekend. Stay safe and be happy.Love
joyfullycrafting Offline
#294 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:52:29 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
Hello to all of you wonderful ladies, I just got back from a three day
stay in Las Vegas. We went to celebrate my Sister in Laws Birthday. I didn't
winMad Mad but I really had a great time. I hope all of you are having a
great weekend. Stay safe and be happy.Love

My SIL goes to Green Valley for the winter. My other SIL goes to Yuma for the winter!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#295 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:32:53 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi everyone, I think all your well wishes made me feel better LOL thank you

I have been going to the chiropractor my neck was so messed up (from waking up and finding I was sleeping on my stomach and couldn't move my neck the night I couldn't fall asleep) that had to be it.

My cousin said to take motion sickness pills so DH ran out and bought them it said take 1 to 2 he said you better take 2. That was Friday morning well I slept all day Friday Dh woke me up for a slice of Pizza then fell asleep and woke up to go to bed and woke up this morning Holy cow never slept so much in my life. My cousin called and said she can only take 1/2 pill here DH said take 2. LOL

So feeling better I sat in my Craft room for 1 hour and got rid of all my cardstock and paer I have had for the past several years. My neighbor's granddaughter I got into scrapbooking and she just got married so I thought why not just give it to her. What a pile I was so tired of it LOL

Then cleaned out all my stamps ones I had for years gone....

Well I will end for now I did read everyone MB Posts but my eyes are tired.

Have a good night

lv2scrap02 Offline
#296 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:51:25 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Feeling a lot better today still a little wobbly I still don't know if I will take Abigail tomorrow. My DD has never called in sick or taken a day off since she went back to work and believe it or now she only accumulated 3 days.

So I just got off the phone with her and if need be she will take tomorrow off to give me another day of rest.

Angie.. to answer your question about Vertigo... over the years it has been known to be associated with inner ear infections or ear aches well I never had a problem with my ears. Usually if a person goes to the doctor they put them on medication (motion sickness pills)

In my case I have had problems with my neck for years. I know I have arthris in my neck so if I am making cards or scrapping for hours I know I will have neck problems.

The first time I experienced Vertigo was 2 yrs. ago Jan. and I went to the chiropractor and my neck was so stiff after several treatments it went away.

My GF said when she gets it she is in bed for weeks. Here I only had it for 3 or 4 days.

So I think in my case the Chiropractor really helps me.

Shelly... I love how you decorated the doors of your cabin

Hi Bingo Lady.. haven't heard from you in a while

Sharon... I hope you hear something soon about your job interviews??

Joy.. hope your tooth is feeling better. I don't mind going to the dentist my dentist says I am her favorite person.

Angie.. good luck with the Etsy shop you do great work I am sure you will do well

Sandra... have fun today hope the weather holds up for you

Well I am going to go and play alittle Have a great day/evening everyone

grannyisscrappin Offline
#297 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:51:15 AM(UTC)
grannyisscrappin

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi Everyone - just found this post - been away for awhile. Question: Is there a way to get the latest post on top and go down from there? I had to go 10 pages to get to the newest one!
If not, I'll adjustBigGrin
I'll have to read the post again and reply to the latest ones later.
hugs, flo
JeanneLee Offline
#298 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:22:53 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Hi Flo! Nice to meet you...when you are on the first page of this post...at the top in the green line it says,
"If you like to meet new people come and join us-NewThread
then towards the right...Share_Options_View_Last_Unread...CLICK on the one that says Last and it will take you to the last/or current post.
JeanneLee Offline
#299 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:43:21 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Nancy, so glad you are feeling a little better! Sorry you won't be with Abigail tom'w..hopefully it will feel better on Tuesday with another rest day.

Joy
, OUCH! I can feel you pain from clear across the US! You know I have only had one root canal...and that is all I am saying on that subject. Praying for you that your pain will subside and/or you have the dentist put you to sleep!

Angie, I don't know how you managed to get all that done. I would have had to been put to sleep for ALL those procedures!

Sharon, hope all goes well with both job offers...the closer one would be my choice! BigGrin

Shelly, that's good that your GS is getting use to those casts. Thank goodness he won't remember this.
BTW, You did an awesome job of decorating that door!

DD and her hubby called last night to tell us they made it to their destination...Yorktown, PA to celebrate their first Anniversary. They both have worked so hard this past year(school and work for DD!) so it was a much needed break.

Off to church this evening....going to listen to mission reports from three different groups that went this summer.(Ghana, Guatemala and Cuba)

Have a great evening everyone!
JeanneLee Offline
#300 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:44:28 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Hi BingoLady! Nice to meet you...first name??