Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DawnMcDowell Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:47:46 PM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I updated my cricut sync and craft room and then updated my gypsy with cricut sync and during the process- during the imagine update my gypsy screen said that a security breach was detected and now that is all I get - the gypsy menu screen opens but when I click the bug to start a project I get the security breach message and the gypsy shuts down. Please help.
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:49:43 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I am updating mine now & the Imagine update isn't progressing very quickly.
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:54:42 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Crossing my fingers this update don't mess up my gypsy but I'm excited that PC finally got the gypsy/CCR link up BigGrin It's a slow update, I want to be able to use both my gypsy to design(when not at home)and have all my cartridges linked to CCR
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:00:02 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 951 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DawnMcDowell Go to Quoted Post
I updated my cricut sync and craft room and then updated my gypsy with cricut sync and during the process- during the imagine update my gypsy screen said that a security breach was detected and now that is all I get - the gypsy menu screen opens but when I click the bug to start a project I get the security breach message and the gypsy shuts down. Please help.

Hello, It sounds as though the update did not complete. To fix this you will need to turn your Gypsy off and attach it to your computer. Once it is attached start the Cricut Sync. When it say's that your machine is not attached go to the help menu and choose Expression 2 troubleshooting. Answer the questions Yes, No, No, No, Yes. When it changes to the Format and restore screen make sure that you read the directions to put into recovery mode. Follow the directions exactly! Once the blue screen is on your Gypsy let the update go through. Please follow all directions! It will ask you to restart the Gypsy at some point, and it will also ask you to set up the Gypsy. If you do not do these things the update will not complete! If you need further support please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can assist you over the phone as well.

The updates are safe! And in the event that the update does not complete we can certainly help.

-Cricut Gena
DawnMcDowell Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:01:32 PM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

Thank you Gena, I am doing the restore now.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:06:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinNanaK Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:05:47 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 194 post(s)
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Yay It's the best of both worlds gypsy synced with CCR awesome had no problems Thanks PC BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
DawnMcDowell Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:18:30 PM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

After I restored my Gypsy all the problems were fixed! Thanks Gena. linked up now!
smocker1b2e71640 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:25:58 PM(UTC)
smocker1b2e71640

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm trying to format and restore my Gypsy-it's taking forever! My screen is still blue and it's sitting on the "Send recovery data" step, but not moving. My screen is still blue-what do I do now?

Tina E Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:29:18 PM(UTC)
Tina E

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello, It sounds as though the update did not complete. To fix this you will need to turn your Gypsy off and attach it to your computer. Once it is attached start the Cricut Sync. When it say's that your machine is not attached go to the help menu and choose Expression 2 troubleshooting. Answer the questions Yes, No, No, No, Yes. When it changes to the Format and restore screen make sure that you read the directions to put into recovery mode. Follow the directions exactly! Once the blue screen is on your Gypsy let the update go through. Please follow all directions! It will ask you to restart the Gypsy at some point, and it will also ask you to set up the Gypsy. If you do not do these things the update will not complete! If you need further support please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can assist you over the phone as well.

The updates are safe! And in the event that the update does not complete we can certainly help.

-Cricut Gena

I sure could use some help Cricut Gena. When I try to link (although both my Gypsy and CCR have same email and password) it tells me it is registered to another account. HELP!!!!
Laverne Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:07:10 PM(UTC)
Laverne

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Anothter question...if the update requires me to restore my Gypsy; will I loose all my saved projects?
Gram23Girls Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:07:27 PM(UTC)
Gram23Girls

Hi,
I would like to be sure before I uplink from the Gypsy to CCR, that once I do that it won't be removing the cartridges from my Gypsy.
I want the best of both worlds- at my scrap table using my G and E2 or at my comp using CCR and not having to plug in each and every cart! Anyone know for sure? TIA
BCGramma Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:06:26 PM(UTC)
BCGramma

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I just, finally, updated my Gypsy and linked it to CCR. Everything works the way they said. I'm so glad. My carts are in both places, project files weren't lost on the gypsy. I'm assuming I can import my Gypsy project files to CCR, just not ready to try that today. So right now I'm a happy camper.
So Gram23girls, you should be good to go, good luck, though I hope you won't need it.
Smiles,