Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tgsummerlin Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:57:44 AM(UTC)
tgsummerlin

Groups: Registered

Hello! I am desperate. I have been working on some decorations for an Alice in Wonderland themed party. I am making the characters as tall as they can be...each are different. I am using a 12x24 mat and the Portrait feature. Everything has been so smooth except the layer features. When I shift and try to Layer 1 or Layer 2 it goes back to the original character. It will not show the layered image. I cannot finish my cut-outs!!! I have a Cricut Expression and have read that I might have to use Design Studio to finish them out. How do you size them to fit the character that is already cut? Please help! Thanks!!!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:49:16 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tgsummerlin Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I am desperate. I have been working on some decorations for an Alice in Wonderland themed party. I am making the characters as tall as they can be...each are different. I am using a 12x24 mat and the Portrait feature. Everything has been so smooth except the layer features. When I shift and try to Layer 1 or Layer 2 it goes back to the original character. It will not show the layered image. I cannot finish my cut-outs!!! I have a Cricut Expression and have read that I might have to use Design Studio to finish them out. How do you size them to fit the character that is already cut? Please help! Thanks!!!

Hello! Please make sure you are using the relative feature not the real dial size feature. Please note that the machine defaults to the relative feature and that no button needs to be pressed to get the layers to cut out relative to the base layer. Just set your size and punch in the items you need! I can recommend that you use the Cricut Craft Room, this feature makes it very easy to see what size everything is cutting at. I hope this helps!

-Cricut Gena