Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jean-whitneyd065e9ce Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:22:37 AM(UTC)
jean-whitneyd065e9ce

Groups: Registered

I've only had the mini since Christmas (LOVE IT!) and I must have 30-40 projects in CCR. They sort by "date accessed". So I am always searching through an increasingly L-O-N-G list of random projects to find what I'm looking for. Then, when I open a project and find that it's the wrong one, it goes to the top of the list. The list keeps getting re-ordered and is hard to work with.

Is there a way to name and sort - alphabetically, numerically, any way -- in CCR?

If I could name them, for example, "holidays - St. Patricks" "holidays - Christmas" etc..
Then, if all the 'holidays' sorted together, I could find all the similar projects together.

It would be something like a Windows file organization: folders/files/projects.

Thank you.

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:37:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I haven't learned how to do this, as yet, but you can save the projects you don't work with all the time to your computer.

I lost some of my hardest projects (that I wanted to keep) a few weeks ago. I went to retrieve them and they were GONE. I thought PC was limiting us on projects; but, if you have 30-40, then I must be wrong about it. Nevertheless, I gave them FEEDBACK and the next time I took time to look at my projects, they were back.

DELETE the ones you no longer want. There's a trash can to the right of all of them when you bring up the list.

I would do what you suggested yourself...and, maybe you didn't realize you suggested it.

I would place the next number (e.g., if you have done 29 projects, name the next one 30....and the name you want on it.... Keep the list in a little notebook at your side. IF IT WON'T LET YOU USE NUMBERS (it may not), then use the alphabet. When you get through 26 letters, start the next series with "AA". See what I mean? After 52 projects, you would use "AAA", "BBB", "CCC", etc.

That's what I would do if I needed to number them. I thought we had a limited number of projects we could keep; does anyone know?

I only had thirty or so....and when I went to find the two I wanted, they were no longer there.

Now, after reinstatement, there were probably 40 or so. I deleted a lot of them.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
jean-whitneyd065e9ce on 2/17/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:58:09 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jean-whitneyd065e9ce Go to Quoted Post
I've only had the mini since Christmas (LOVE IT!) and I must have 30-40 projects in CCR. They sort by "date accessed". So I am always searching through an increasingly L-O-N-G list of random projects to find what I'm looking for. Then, when I open a project and find that it's the wrong one, it goes to the top of the list. The list keeps getting re-ordered and is hard to work with.

Is there a way to name and sort - alphabetically, numerically, any way -- in CCR?

If I could name them, for example, "holidays - St. Patricks" "holidays - Christmas" etc..
Then, if all the 'holidays' sorted together, I could find all the similar projects together.

It would be something like a Windows file organization: folders/files/projects.

Thank you.

Click on the Project Name title at the top of your list of projects. It will sort them alphabetically.
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Crafty Cooper on 2/19/2013(UTC), scrapalette on 2/19/2013(UTC)
Crafty Cooper Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:24:08 AM(UTC)
Crafty Cooper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow thanks I didn't know it did that! Just sorted mine in 1 second!!!
Lynn x