Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mbktjh1a32e849d Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:38:35 PM(UTC)
mbktjh1a32e849d

Groups: Registered

Help me please, does anyone know how to get my cricut to stop cutting straight lines through the middle of my designs. When it first happened I thought it was just the design I was cutting but it is doing it to everything that i try to cut.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:50:39 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I would suggest you do a machine reset.
Let me see if I can find the how to instructions and I'll post them here.
Be right back.
D-
Dragonfly50 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:54:02 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
TECH SUPPORT NOOK - Reset Process
If your machine freezes, experiences power problems, cutting issues, or anything out of the realm of normal Cricut behavior, this reset procedure is a good place to start the troubleshooting process. Nine times out of ten, this will resolve the issue:

- First, turn your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest setting.

- Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade ****embly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.

- This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your little "bug". You're going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times--three times for each dial.

- Then you are going to hit the "Cut" button and turn the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, turn it on, and try a practice cut.

If this does not solve your problem, give us a call toll free at 1-877-727-4288 7am to 6pm MST Mon-Fri (make sure you are by your machine) and someone here will walk you through some troubleshooting tips and determine if a replacement machine is needed.
Happishay Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:16:55 PM(UTC)
Happishay

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 147 post(s)
also try replacing the blades from an entirley different pack!!! This to happened to me and even though i replaced the blades three times... it seems I had a bad couple of batches!!!! the blades fell apart in the housing!!!! It may not be your issue but it cannot hurt to try! HTH
mbktjh1a32e849d Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:13:24 PM(UTC)
mbktjh1a32e849d

Thank you for your help, I will try the reset and let you know if it worked.
Maxluv Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:18:14 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
When it does that to me, its because the mat isnt holding the paper down tight, make sure you are flatting the paper down to the mat, or use a clean mat.
mbktjh1a32e849d Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:29:56 PM(UTC)
mbktjh1a32e849d

Well I did the reset of the cricut and it will now cut using the keypad on top of the machine without cutting lines across the design but still will not work using the SCAL program which is what I need it to work with since I am trying to cut out stencils I designed in Inkscape. I am so ready to scream! Anyone know anything else that may help. Also changed the blade and still cuts 2 straight lines through the middle of any design I try to cut unless I use the keypad ontop the cricut.
NanaP Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:45:26 PM(UTC)
NanaP

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This also happened to me and I had an extra blade housing. I put in the other housing now it works great. I watched the blade in the first housing and it didn't seem to be pulling the blade back up when it moved to a different possition on the page.
CricutGena Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:04:46 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 964 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mbktjh1a32e849d Go to Quoted Post
Well I did the reset of the cricut and it will now cut using the keypad on top of the machine without cutting lines across the design but still will not work using the SCAL program which is what I need it to work with since I am trying to cut out stencils I designed in Inkscape. I am so ready to scream! Anyone know anything else that may help. Also changed the blade and still cuts 2 straight lines through the middle of any design I try to cut unless I use the keypad ontop the cricut.

Hello! The Cricut machines are not designed to cut with SCAL programs and are not compatible with them.

-Cricut Gena