Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38:05 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! Logging in has been a hit or miss for me... so since I'm able to log on, I'm going to post my card and comment later (if the forum lets me)

Here's my sketch 1, Ad colors, and holiday card! My second Christmas card for the year... YAY!

Cartridge used: Wild Card
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:41:14 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Lots of beautiful cards so far... I need to pack since we are leaving for Orlando this afternoon after we pick up the kids from school. Good luck to my hubby... it's marathon weekend for us!

Chat with you all later! I'll be bringing the iPad so I can comment while we're away... but just in case I can't log on...

Have a GREAT weekend everyone! BigGrin
AcrossThePond Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:42:08 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Carrottop - Stunning Christmas card for #3, love the snowflake.

Shelby - You have been busy this past week. Very pretty first card love the embossing folder, fun card for #2 and quite a dramatic card for #3 and ad colours too.

Turtlebug - Lovely zesty colours in your first card, cute image on #2 and two great valentines cards.

Raquel - Love your card for #2.

Britishgirl - Lovely card for #1 and ad colours and your second card is super cute.

NanaDonna - Lovely photo TFS

Sue

Raquel - you were posting as I was, love your Christmas card wow 2 done alreadyBigGrin . Hope hubby has a good one and you all have a fun time in the sun.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2013 7:45:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/12/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/14/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:48:43 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Here is my take on sketch one and #3. The image is from www.mypapercrafting.com and their 25 days of Christmas set 2012.
The card is a 5x5 and I used some paper Izzy sent me last year along with some Bazzil Bling and a couple of stamps from my stash.

Sue
BingoLady Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:34:46 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Turtlbug, wow another pretty Valentine card. Keep them coming.

Raquel, great Xmas card. So colorful and bright.

Sue, oh my it is so adorable, I love the cute little face with those big eyes.
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/12/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/12/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 12:09:24 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sorry I did not make it back on the site to comment last week on the lovely cards. Many things to do to get the new year started off in the right direction. I am looking forward to working on these new sketches, but I had to make a special card for my dad for his 80th birthday. Although I did not use one of the sketches I am going to share with you, my encouraging friends. My dad loves the outdoors and so I decided on attempting a diorama card with the great outdoors and wildlife. This type of card folds down to fit in an envelope and then opens up nicely into a little box for easy display.
I used Campin' Critters for the mountain, trees, and stream background. The basecard stock in the back was embossed with the swirls folder and then inked with some blue and purple to make a pretty sky. I used a couple of small pieces of a cotton ball to make some clouds. The eagle and deer are photos printed from my computer printer and then handcut. The front trees are from the Winter Woodland cartridge. The grass is from a punch and cut in two colors and layered. Edges were inked in brown ink. I heat embossed Happy Birthday with black embossing powder. I used a couple of silver gems on the front and accented the top frame with a little silver glitter glue. Here are a few pictures taken from different angles.

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2013 12:15:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Need to add a couple of comments.

Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Wildlife Diorama 1.jpg
Wildlife Diorama 2.jpg
Wildlife Diorama 3.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:08:25 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Yeah I got in my room today and got my sketch #2 done and in the Ad ColorsBigGrin
The "Be Mine"s cut from MS Seasonal Cake Art.
I am trying to make myself stay off the computer so I can get my cards done. Hope to come back later and comment.
]

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2013 2:19:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: OOPS Double Oops

*NanaDonna* Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 5:59:45 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Oh my gosh! I got two cards done in one dayBigGrin I guess that is what happens when stay off the computer ha ha and try not to get myself side tracked. Plus my time in my room these days seem to be slim so I have to make the best of it. I welded the letter from MS Seasonal Cake Art to make the happy birthday using CCR. I am not real sure I like it, it was hard to get the two words proportioned to each other and then to fit in the space I had for them.
There are little blings in the center of the flowers of the border along the edges.
AcrossThePond Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:42:30 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Carol - Wow that turned out so well. I have seen them made over here on the craft channel but have never tried one yet. I feel sure your Dad will love it and display for quite some time.

NanaDonna - 2 great cards. Love the pretty heart did you cut that on your Cricut? if you did wow. I like your birthday card too pretty paper and folder works well together.

Sue.

P.S. it is very cold here and trying to snowCursing I want to go to a scrapbook shop but it is a wee drive from here and I don't wish to get stuck!!
AcrossThePond Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Hi, hope you don't mind me sharing this one with you all.
My friends Grandson will be 5 on Tuesday and is in to Power Rangers. I remember when my son was in to these too. The image I downloaded and coloured in using Promarkers. I used DJ for the 5 and the 3 black buttons are brads. TFL

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 1/12/2013(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:07:09 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I see a lot of great cards so far, however, I have the flu or something close to it. So, I will not post unless I start to feeling better. Still waiting on my Cuddlebug to ship too. So I'm sitting out this week, but will come back to take a peek. Unless, I just get bored and need something to do, I will not post this week! Have a great time this week everyone! :)
BingoLady Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:56:53 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Carol, wow, what a nice card, I like the way you added the Eagle and the Deer.
Your Father is going to love it.

Donna , great cards, are you giving one to your wonderful Hubby. Even thougth
he doesn't deserve it.LOL LOL LOL

Sue , of course we don't mind. I like to see all those wonderful cards you
ladies make. And the little boy is going to love it.

Christine hope you feel better.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:09:27 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
BingoLady – Thank you for hosting – some really great sketches! Great “best wishes” card with the nice embossing! I think I have that MS punch for the border but never used it in that way – looks great! Cute birthday card with the cupcake! Beautiful Valentine’s Day card!

Dee – great ad colours! Hope to use them for one card!

Carrottop – Great Christmas card – love your snowflake!

Michelle – Pretty thank you card in purples! Nice birthday card with all of the gears! Great Valentine’s Day card in the ad colours!

Turtlebug – great “thinking of you” card. Didn’t notice that you forgot to mat it! Great Princess card for a young girl – nice colouring with your markers from NanaDonna!! Perfect Valentine’s Day card for your DGD! Love how the heart doily stands out! Great card for your grandson in the ad colours! The embossing looks great with the addition of the white hearts!

Raquel – Glad to see you back on the boards! Wonderful Sketch #2 and it is always so hard to make a sympathy card! Yay – you have 2 cards made for Christmas 2013!! Great card in the ad colours and the ornament punch really looks good!

Britishgirl – great Valentine’s Day card in the ad colours for Sketch #1! A very adorable Sketch #2 – thank you card!

Donna – TFS the photos of Miss Emma and the Desert Museum. No such treasure where I live! Beautiful Valentine’s Day card in the ad colours! Pretty birthday card too!

Sue (Acrossthepond) – Cute little reindeer card – so nicely coloured!! My kids would know Power Rangers too – such a great card for your friend’s grandson!! Wonderful image and great background paper!

Joyful Carol – What a wonderful card for your Dad’s 80th birthday!! So many details so I know you put a lot of work into this one. Looks so great!!

Christine
– hope you feel better!
 4 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 1/12/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/12/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/14/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/14/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:10:03 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Just popping in to see if I could get this photo to post. I'm still having a lot of trouble with Photobucket.

It's this weeks colors plus a holiday card. I used a Magnolia image, MS heart punch, and a Nestie. She's colored with Copics.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
Gisele Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:11:06 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my Christmas card for the extra credit. Part of my New Year's resolution is to complete the entire card - inside sentiment and envelope. So far so good! Sorry "no cricut" on this one. I had cut out an ornament from the Christmas cartridge but it just didn't work with the whole design.
Gisele attached the following image(s):
SAM_1304.jpg
SAM_1306.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:12:35 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
I see a lot of great cards so far, however, I have the flu or something close to it. So, I will not post unless I start to feeling better. Still waiting on my Cuddlebug to ship too. So I'm sitting out this week, but will come back to take a peek. Unless, I just get bored and need something to do, I will not post this week! Have a great time this week everyone! :)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
Gisele Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:13:57 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here are some "thank you" cards that I'm sharing for my DH's part time renovation business. His company colours are blue and orange. Sorry that it doesn't follow any of the sketches. The cartridge used is Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags.
Gisele attached the following image(s):
SAM_1299.jpg
SAM_1300.jpg
Gisele Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:16:03 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Dee - you were posting at the same time as me. Gorgeous Valentine's card in the ad colours. Such a pretty image and so well coloured! Love the MS heart accents!
TurtleBug Offline
#49 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:33:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Raquel
#1 - Very pretty Ad Color and Extra Credit card. Never would have thought of using this color combo for this holiday, but this one really works. Loving this MS punch and the way this card opens.

AcrossThePond
#3 - The image on this card is too cute. Great job on the inking, love the BG paper.

JoyfulCarol
Great card for your Dad, he will love the great outdoors theme going on here. And, you did an awesome job on it, I see lots of love and very nice details went into making it. TFS!!

NanaDonna
#2 - Nice Ad Color card, love the delicate cuts on the heart and lacey center.
#1 - Pretty printed paper and matching embossing. Nice job on the HB lettering and the punched edges on the pink cardstock, the tiny pearls finish it off nicely.

AcrossThePond
This little 5 year old Power Ranger fan is going to be thrilled to recieve this card, especially with this guy on it. It is sure to make his B'day VERY happy! And, you did an awesome job with the Promarkers.

DeeScraps
Ad Color and Holiday Card - Very nice, no sentiment needed.... her face says it all!! Love the hearts on the corners and the polka dotted papers your chose.
Are you using the new format on Photobucket? I didn't care for it so I clicked on the button that gave me the option to go back to the old format, so I did and I don't have any problems with Photobucket at all. I already had the old format to where I can do it with my eyes closed and I didn't care to learn a new (and confusing) format. The button to click on was up on the right hand side of the screen, a little ways down, not at the very top. Hope this helps!

Gisele
Extra Credit Hoilday Card - Very pretty nostalgic look, love the old Santa and the ribbon matches the BG paper perfectly. How ambitious of you to totally finish out a card with the envelope and sentiment....I'm lucky IF I even finish out the card in one sitting!Laugh
Very nice set of Thank-you cards, your DH clients will enjoy the thoughtfulness of them.

Christine
Sorry to hear you are under the weather and hope it's not anyting too serious....like this nasty Flu going around at this time. Be well!!

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:36:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/14/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/14/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:59:27 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
have a question.... need to know if anyone knows what those card holders are called... they look like a round piece of wood with nails standing up in it so you can insert your card in it to take a picture of the card.... I know my hubby can make one if I can get a good picture of one. Thanks in advance. He made a beautiful stand to hold all my card stock paper and he just made me a die holder so I can find my dies quickly. He is retired and needs something to do...so I try to come up with things I need in my craft room and he can make them and keep him busy... BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:01:17 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, so pretty I love the little girl image, great coloring.

Gisele, very nice Xmas cards, and your thankyou cards came out so nice, I like
the frame decor and colors.

Have a nice Sunday ladies.
Gisele on 1/14/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:36:12 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

I want to show you ladies, what my Hubby made for my paper,ribbon and punches.
He's not finised yet he has to put the shelves in.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 044.jpg
# 3 sketch 046.jpg
# 3 sketch 047.jpg
# 3 sketch 058.jpg
# 3 sketch 060.jpg
# 3 sketch 058.jpg
cstanzione on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:40:55 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Thanks Sandy for the picture of the frog... My hubby got busy today and made me one... so I thought I would post a picture of it...
Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
flower-flog.gif
Nancy J. Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:23:06 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

BingoLady... wow how nice of your hubby to do such a great job!!! now you have lots of things to fill up!!! Time to go shopping???
Joyful Carol Offline
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:43:22 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #2
The girl penguin is cut from Simply Charmed cartridge. I added some glitter glue to the bow on her head and some wiggle eyes. I embossed the solid blue cardstock with the snowflake folder. The edges are inked in brown. I added some snowflakes from my stash and a few jewles for sparkle. The sucker in her hand was cut by hand from a piece of cardstock I had--I just cut off the stick and used part of a flat toothpick colored with a brown marker to make the stick.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
penguin birthday.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:34:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, I got another fast card done. It is also the extra credit, it is a Christmas card. I had ordered some CTMH Christmas paper they were clearing out so I thought I would make this card. It is one of the sketches from Shelbywoos sketches from last week. I had already picked out the papers last week but didn't have time to make it.

WOW Lydia what an awesome cabinet your hubby made you. I know he does great work!
AcrossThePond Offline
#57 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:46:50 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - lovely card and image used. Great use of the ad colours too.

Gisele - Wonderful Christmas card, fab ribbon and bow finish. Lovely TY cards too.

Bingolady WOW you have some stuff there. Did your hubby make that from scratch? boy he's good.

Carrottop - Hubby did a great job on your hedgehog.

Carol - Lovely card, cute image.

NanaDonna - Just a lovely card using last weeks #3 sketch.

We have snow here todayCrying so staying in. Hubby off work for a weekHuh so not much will get done here craft wise unless I can send him off fishing a few times.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/14/2013(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 9:33:36 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Thanks everyone for your concerns. I'm heading off to the doc in a minute. Going to see what I have. I've dealt with this mess for two days straight and it ain't no pick nick to have. I promise. I'm afraid however that I might have been bit with the flue. . .just not sure what kind. My mom has had strep throat for the past month. I've been around it so its very possible that's what I'm dealing with just unsure. :(
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:44:41 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Hello everyone! I'm back! We had a very exhausting weekend over at Disney World and yes, hubby did cross the finish line. He's so happy to have tackled his very first full marathon and vow never to do it again (until he attempts the marathon and a half in 2015). I will share pictures later when I get them off the phones

I hope everyone had a great weekend

Lots and lots of beautiful creations I see! Now, to catch up on commenting
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:46:02 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I'll be commenting on and off since I need go and pick up the puppy from boarding and need to unpack and other stuff. I just wanted to see all the creations I wasn't able to look at over the weekend

... be back in a bit!