Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PandorasHope Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:16:57 PM(UTC)
PandorasHope

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi there! I have this idea in my head but I am not quite sure how to do it or even if I can. I will do my best to describe, please be patient :)

Looking at the last years valentine mini cart, I would like to make a heart card. What I want to do though is rather than putting the heart on a square card, I want to make the actual heart into a card. So it would be like if you folded a piece of paper in half and cut the heart almost all the way out but not quite...leaving a part where it is connected so that it could be opened and closed just like a square card. Does that make sense? Can I do that with the machine? In my mind, I am thinking that I would have to cut the heart out on the machine, and then glue it to another heart cut by hand to match the size but thats not exactly what I am looking for. Gosh, I hope this came out right, it is hard for me to put things into words sometimes. I wanted the cut out "lacy" heart to be the front of the card and then have a solid part to write on..thinking I might put something sheer on the back side of the lacy part. Ok, now I am babbling...forgive me...any help that could be offered up is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:23:03 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
If you have wild card there is a heart card on that cart like I think you are looking for.
PandorasHope Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:32:23 PM(UTC)
PandorasHope

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Thank you! I just pulled the booklet on that one and that is the same idea that I have only it would be more like the oval card on page 39 only as a heart and not an oval. I am wondering if I start the cut and then stop it 3/4 of the way through? I would have to cut one to see how it cuts; if it cuts the outline first and then does the lacy part or if it does something else...maybe I can wing it. Thank you for telling me about that cart though, I really like it! I might have to just pick that one up BigGrin
cc67 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:55:51 PM(UTC)
cc67

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Without a Gypsy or Design Studio I don't know how you'd do it, but go to www.ehow.com and they have directions for making a heart card out of two hearts. Hope that helps you.