Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
trvkladd Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 9:48:31 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi ladies~ I hope you are all having a great week. I wasn't feeling well earlier this week but am doing much better now. Worked on some of my projects a little tonight.

Rhonda~ I'll be leaving next week on Friday for Washington, DC. DS is marching in the Presidential Inauguration Day Parade and I'm going to be a chaperone. He's so excited and I can't wait. I've always wanted to got to DC. I'll be gone from Friday 1/18 to Tuesday 1/22. We'll get back really late that night. I'll be home just a few days and then leaving again to got to FL to see Traci. I'll be in Tampa/Orlando for a week! I'm so excited.

Have a great weekend, ladies

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:35:38 PM(UTC)
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hi Rhonda,
I am doing fine-just trying to keep track of the swaps I'm in (LOL)! I think I will make a few domino books and pick the best one for my partner. I am waiting for some to dry tonight and will work on them this week-end. I love how the alcohol ink looks and hate to cover it up. You guys cleaning are making me look bad (tee-hee)! My craft space could use some TLC.
Take Care,
Julia
Heart2hand Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:37:46 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Rebecca....WOW...that would be an honor to go to WAshington to see that...even if it IS for THIS president....ughhhh.....I hope you have a wonderful time. THen again at Traci's....just you going to Traci's? What a well spent week.....great times with your sister. I'm making plans now to go visit my sis....I go once a year...and want to go around April/May.

Julia...I know what you mean...these swaps are addicting....getting to meet new friends and wonderful talent is amazing. Glad you could be a part of it all here.

HUGS
rhonda
 1 user thanked Heart2hand for this useful post.
trvkladd on 1/14/2013(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:09:54 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 271 post(s)
Rebecca that is definitely going to be a once in a lifetime experience. I can't imagine how proud you will be watching your son. Have a great trip

I started working on my book yesterday. Not happy with it so far. So back to the drawing board for me. Glad i have plenty of time left.

Laura
 1 user thanked laurahunter for this useful post.
trvkladd on 1/14/2013(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:35:37 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi ladies~

Rhonda/Laura~ I'm looking forward to my trip to DC with lots of excitement but also a little trepidation. Hoping that none of the crazies come out and that we can just have a great time watching our kids perform. It is quite an honor for them....I had to put all of my feelings about this president aside and just realize how wonderful an opportunity this is for DS. I am so proud of all that he's accomplished this year. He's in the Middle School Band as well as the High School Band. He plays the sax and is 1st chair in MS and 2nd chair in HS. That's quite an accomplishment for a middle schooler!

I'll post pics of the trip when I get back. I'm definitely excited about seeing Traci and will have a hard time leaving when the trip is over but we have lots of trips planned to get together this year which is great! I'm going to Tampa now and in March we're all going to be in New Orleans for our niece's wedding. Then in June after Traci's DD graduates (I'll be there for that too) we're going to do a sibling reunion with our mother/brothers if that works out. In July we're going to New Orleans again for mom's 70th Birthday. Then Traci and I are planning on attending the crop together in September so this year will be lots of opportunities for us to get together which I'm so thankful for. So exciting...

Hope everyone has a great day, happy crafting

~Rebecca
LadyB Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:16:30 PM(UTC)
LadyB

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been sick for a week and half! Still sick but feeling a little better today.

Rhonda, I have your book completed, but I have other ideas floating around too lol so I think I'm going to make a second book and send the best looking one.
I can't wait to see the book your are making me. I'm so excited!

Cool Laura
NancyWatson1 Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:34:49 PM(UTC)
NancyWatson1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sciberrasjjj1964cb0b Go to Quoted Post
I just wanted to check in and find out what my partner nancywatson1 likes. Let me know some of your likes and dislikes. I like everything I'm not picky, go wild!
Julia

Same for me! I love all things vintage, shabby chic, etc.....Go wild!

demmer993462475657 Online
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:05:37 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
I am finished with Sherries Dominoes Book and will most likely mail it early because I am in another swap with her as my partner and will kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Denise
Heart2hand Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:09:29 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Originally Posted by: LadyB Go to Quoted Post
Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been sick for a week and half! Still sick but feeling a little better today.

Rhonda, I have your book completed, but I have other ideas floating around too lol so I think I'm going to make a second book and send the best looking one.
I can't wait to see the book your are making me. I'm so excited!

Cool Laura

Laura...

Ohh how sweet....I can't wait....I have decorated the dominoes....and cut the paper for inside...but that is about it...but it'sooo stinkin' cute....hope you agree.

Rebecca....OMG...you do have a busy year planned...but a glorious one at that. I hope it brings TONS of memories and pleasure to you. I am going to the CROP too...I'm excited to meet you and Traci...WOoo hoooo....YAHHHH...

As for the Washington trip...it is an honor and one you both should be very proud of. My oldest son played the Sax too, and I loved hearing him play. CONGRATS to him on his accomplishments. Enjoy your time, and you are so right, it's a TIME for just you two to reflect back on when he is older.

DeniseE....how awesome....nothing like shipping it all together when you can. I'm sure it's beautiful...can't wait to see the photos of all of these

Nancy...I too love vintage/shabby chic things....the nostaglic part of me, that likes to remember the days gone by!

HUGS
rhonda
SherrieStevens Offline
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:29:11 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
JCI Sherrie
jodie R Offline
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:27:07 AM(UTC)
jodie R

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2875 time(s) in 1941 post(s)
You know when you have something in your head and you just hope it comes out the way you plan it? That's where I am! I am trying something with my Imagine! I hope I'm not making my partner nervous! LOL!!

Hey, can you run dominos through the Imagine?Blushing Blushing Huh Huh Laugh Laugh LOL LOL Just kidding!!!
trvkladd Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:21:00 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: Heart2hand Go to Quoted Post

Rebecca....OMG...you do have a busy year planned...but a glorious one at that. I hope it brings TONS of memories and pleasure to you. I am going to the CROP too...I'm excited to meet you and Traci...WOoo hoooo....YAHHHH...

As for the Washington trip...it is an honor and one you both should be very proud of. My oldest son played the Sax too, and I loved hearing him play. CONGRATS to him on his accomplishments. Enjoy your time, and you are so right, it's a TIME for just you two to reflect back on when he is older.

HUGS
rhonda

Rhonda~ I'm so excited about all the wonderful times I will be getting to spend with family making memories this year! It's a great opportunity to hang out with the siblings and my mom and reminisce!

Talking about the Washington trip the other day ...joking, I told him I was going just for him. He said "no, I'm going just for you" and we ended up laughing together. I'm pretty sure that we're both excited about the time to spend together one on one. I know how it feels to be right in the middle of older and younger siblings I'm the middle child. He's such a great kid and I don't get to hang out with him nearly enough. He's growing up so fast and I keep thinking that in the blink of an eye he's going to be a grown man. I can't wait to have this time with him. I love every moment of being a mother! It's the best thing about me and I wouldn't give up even one late night feeding/poopy diaper/stomping feet/crying/tantrum for anything in the world. Being their mother is what I love most about me!It's my job and it has the greatest rewards in the world. The million dollar smiles that light up my life are the best paycheck ever!!!

I can't wait to meet you in person at the crop! I'm really excited about going with Traci and so excited to get to meet a lot of my wonderful MB friends.

Also, wanted to let you know that I'm going to be gone Friday till late on Tuesday night. I will check back in on Wednesday sometime.

Have a great weekend

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca

Heart2hand Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:06:44 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning ladies...

UPDATE on me...I posted in a few threads...not all...but Tuesday at work I had pulled a muscle I thought in my back....called in Wednesday from the pain...went to work yesterday and she put me on a machine that made it hurt even more...I went to her and explained my absence on Wednesday and why I was gone...and that I hurt and was going to leave to go see my DR. SHe said NO..I will get ahold of HR and talk with him...this is a WORK COMP situation and you need to let us take care of it. So I went to company DR and he took 5 xrays and said it's NOT a pulled muscle, but a cracked disk...OMG!!!!!!! He gave me a brace to wear and a pain med and an anti-inflammatory med....go back in a week. He said it's nothing I could have prevented..with the job I have...my body is aging faster on the inside than the outside. It should heal in 6-8 weeks by itself...if not...surgery may be needed....NOooooooooooooo....please say a lil' prayer for me....THANKS.

Jodie...not sure the dominoes will fit....lol. I'm sure it will be wonderful...I"m curious to what it will look like

Rebecca...thanks for letting me know you will be MIA...enjoy the time. Awwwhhh your DS sounds like a doll. They do grow up too fast. I too think being a MOTHER is the best gift I have ever been given, even thru all the ROUGH patches, I would NOT trade it for the world.

HUGS
rhonda
laurahunter Offline
#74 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 11:21:56 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Oh my gosh Rhonda that is horrible . Take care of yourself.

Laura
Heart2hand Offline
#75 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:21:18 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Thanks Laura....

DH had talked to my supervisor today and she was concerned. Then he talked with HR...Kevin and he said that they management had talked on my condition along with the CO DR's report it was best to let me stay home to recoup. I was sooo overwhelmed I was in tears. I didn't see this coming at all. Kevin said WC will pay me for being off and that it was HIS choice to do so. I am off until my next DR appt which is next Thursday and we will go from there on what I will do from that report. I just hope it's healing and not need of surgery. Ekkkks.

HUGs
rhonda
#76 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b

Rhonda,
So sorry to hear about your back. I have degenerative disc disease in my back and neck and have to be careful at work. Take care of yourself and don't do anything that hurts.
Heart2hand Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:38:08 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Originally Posted by: sciberrasjjj1964cb0b Go to Quoted Post
Rhonda,
So sorry to hear about your back. I have degenerative disc disease in my back and neck and have to be careful at work. Take care of yourself and don't do anything that hurts.

Thanks so much for the information Julia...I'm off right now until I go back to my DR on Thursday...and will know more then. I can just turn a lil....the wrong way and it hurts...I"ve been at my job almost 18 yrs now...It's not worth the pain any longer....

HUGs
rhonda
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:09:33 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 96 post(s)
JCI -- Hope you all have a great weekend. Rhonda -- I am so sorry about your back. I didn't know all about your trouble. I haven't been reading everything due to my email glitch and then I caught this note and oh my I am so sorry.

Evelyn
Heart2hand Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:27:43 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Thanks Evelyn....I hope it is healed so there is no need for a surgery....UGHhhh....

Hugs
rhonda
laurahunter Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:54:52 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

I worked more on this yesterday. Not happy with the results. I have to come up with something else. I am so glad there is still plenty of time to work on this.

How embellished is everyone making the inside ? Just wondering.

Laura
jodie R Offline
#81 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:26:16 PM(UTC)
jodie R

United States

Originally Posted by: Heart2hand Go to Quoted Post
Hey Girls....

JodieR....I'm sorry....lol. It's good to clean out the stash now and then. I've sold alot of my things ...only to make room for new...LOL....But it looks sooo much better too. What are you doing with the boxes of goodies you are no longer wanting? SELL it...you would be surprised at what goes and the money is wonderful! I'll send you a PM....

Rhonda, yes, I would love some tips on selling some of it. That would be awesome!

Ok! I just have to tell you all that I am having a blast making Laura's book! I wish I could show you what I did on the inside pages with my Imagine, but then it would spoil the surprise! I am so proud of myself and can't wait until the reveal to show you! I even sent pictures to my DH this afternoon! He! He! He has no idea what it is, but he liked it!!

I can't wait!!

Hugs!

Jodie!!

Heart2hand Offline
#82 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:06:36 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Ladies...

Laura...I'm not making mine that DETAILED on the inside pages...just a lil' something to give it pizzazz....hope that helps...maybe a word, or a button or bling in a corner.... hope this helps..

Jodie...sent you a PM sweetie. I do hope it helps you too. I can't wait to see what you have done...sounds awesome. I'm sure your sis will love it.

LadyB...I hope you are doing well? I've planned mine out...just need to start on it...THe items I ordered for it have arrived...now down to business.....lol

How are the rest of you ladies coming along with your books?

HUGs
rhonda
jodie R Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:24:43 PM(UTC)
jodie R

United States

Thank you so much for the PM, Rhonda!

Gosh, I was just thinking about your back problem. It sounds like it was lucky you went to talk to your supervisor. Can't imagine what would have happened had you just continued to treat it as a pulled muscle. Whew!

I hope you get some well deserved rest while you are off.

Hugs,

Jodie

#84 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 2:34:27 PM(UTC)
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b

I want to stamp on the inside of the book and maybe add a small tag with words here and there. I have some stamps with words too. Also, I rounded and inked the edges of the pages. Only a few of my stamps worked well on the dominos so I am a little limited on the cover. I still can't get the glossy accents to look good so I think I am going to use mod podge and a spray finish. the alcohol inks are the funnest. I made 2 prototypes, I just need to refine the process.
Heart2hand Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:38:57 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Ladies...

How are you all coming along? I know they are small...and can be a LIL" troubling...but the finished product will be sooo worth that pain....lol.

Julia...YOURS sounds wonderful...great ideas you are using too. I have all things set aside just to begin it when I"m finished with the swaps due sooner than this one.

LadyB...I hope you are doing well? No fret...YOUR book will be nothing short of amazing...I HOPE!Scared Scared Scared LOL LOL The items I have for it..are darlin' just hope to fit them all in and make it a wonderful teeny-tiny for you.

Jodie...THANKS...I know...I was just dealing with it as a pulled muscle but it was the CAUSE behind that feeling that is the BAD part. I am soo worried about my visit tomorrow with the DR....Say a prayer for me plz. I'm happy to help with the info I've passed on to you...CAUTION...it's addictive...lol.

Laura...How are you doing? Has it became what you want it to be yet? I'm sure it will be beautiful...your work is!

Evelyn....thank you sweetie! Not sure HOW it exactly happened...but from twisting/bending/pushing/pulling for the past 18 (almost) yrs....something just gave away...and BOY did I feel it....I just pray it is a fixable thing....I've been reading up on the whole issue...and it's scares me to death! I've never had any issues with my back...and from what I've read, do NOT want it either....UGhhhhh..

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well....

HUGS to all
rhonda
trvkladd Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:53:10 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

So excited to be home from DC and able to see what you have all been up to. I'm so exhausted. I have aches in places that I didn't know were muscles. Flapper Flapper We were busy from morning to late at night every day...we got to see some pretty amazing sights. It was freezing cold but it was a great experience.... getting to see DS marching in the Inaugural Parade was one of the most amazing moments. I was so proud of course there were tears. We got home this morning at 5:30 am after a 15 hour bus ride from the capitol. I took a little nap and am so excited to get back on the MB. Can't wait to get back to my craft table.

JCI~ I'm going to be starting on this swap as soon as I get back from my FL trip. We're leaving on Friday and will be back on Thursday next week.

Hope everyone is having a great week

~Rebecca
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:18:32 PM(UTC)
sciberrasjjj1964cb0b

I'm almost done with my book and am so excited with the results. I have to go to the store for one more thing and then I can mail it.
demmer993462475657 Online
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:39:45 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
JCI I am almost done, had it done and decided to redo it.

Denise
Heart2hand Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:55:02 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Ladies...

Julia...AWESOOOOOOOOOOME!!! I"M excited to see it and it's not even mine...lol.

DeniseE...Was there something wrong with your book? I know, I get that way too, Look and look until something just isn't right...start over....a lil' OCD here...lol. Can't wait to see your lovely after all the work you put forth.

HEllo to you all...I hope everyone is enjoying their day? I'm still off work, most likely will be for the 8 wks her quoted last week. UGhhh....or longer. He said this NEED/HAS TO HAVE time to heal...or it will be cracked again shortly after returning to work. I feel USELESS here....I'm sooo use to working and providing...not sitting and being provided for. The Anti-inflammatory he had me on...took my sleep....took my appetite and made me sick at my stomach. So he changed it yesterday...I sure hope it works. He said it will take longer to build up to it but will not do the side effects like the other one. YAHHh, maybe sleep is in my future....getting 3 hrs a night, isn't me...Crying Crying Scared Scared ...

HUGS
rhonda
trvkladd Offline
#90 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:06:35 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Rhonda~ Sure hope you're feeling better soon. I too am one to hate being taken care of...I'm the caregiver. Last year I broke my foot and had to be off of it for 6 weeks. I couldn't even go to the bathroom without help. Glare Glare Years ago I heard a speech from one of my fav Christian authors Beth Moore, who said that when you help someone else it's not only a blessing to them it's a blessing to you because it makes you feel good to be able to help. So if you don't allow someone to help you when you need their help then you're taking not only your blessing away but theirs as well... that thought has always stayed with me and I remembered it many times during my time on bed rest.Wub Wub I hope it helps you as well. I'll be praying for you to feel better soon

~Rebecca