Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lptollette02e31867 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:14:42 AM(UTC)
lptollette02e31867

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have been waiting for the upgrading craft room for imagine... It been long time..Thanks!

Add this last message: I just update with 179 for imgaine... AND finally WORKS!!!!! without any probelm!!! IT's WORKS!!!! That's about time!!

Edited by user Friday, October 19, 2012 6:38:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Glenda Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:09:11 PM(UTC)
Glenda

United States

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 63 post(s)
BTT---I'd love an answer to this question, because I'd really like to use all the new cartridges I've bought, however I can't!! It's a catch-22 because if I update my Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to actually get the new cartridges to show up in there, then I will render my Imagine machine completely useless, because it will no longer do both fuinctions that I purchased it to do (to PRINT and to CUT)!!! A VERY expensive paper weight!!

Really??? When is it enough?? How long should a consumer be expected to wait to be able to use their Imagine machine & every single Imagine cartridge (that most of us purchased at the higher, "normal" price the market bore for them when they were initially released)??? And why should any Imagine owner continue to buy new Cricut cartridges, which they can't use in CCR, so they can't even design & cut with them on any of the other Cricut machines they might own (Mini, E, E2...)??? I for one am just going to put a moratorium on buying any more new cartridges until I am able to update my CCR without putting my Imagine out of commission.

I have been incredibly patient, as have thousands of other Imagine users, but I would have to guess in this day & age with this economy that most of us are completely running out of patience. There's been a lot of rumbling out there lately about several other Imagine owners who have begun investigating class action suits, as well as bringing this to the government.

There's no reason that any of that should have to happen. Please, just shell out the money now to hire the very best programmers & engineers you can find out there & get this issue fixed once & for all, because that certainly would be a whole lot cheaper than dealing with any potential legal problems that could end up to be on a very grand scale, considering the huge number of consumers who own an Imagine machine.

I hate to see this happen. We went thru this with the Gypsy & waited & waited & waited for that to finally be resolved. That experience should have served as a huge wake-up call regarding the loss of good will and especially the loss of trust that happened to your consumers with that debacle.

Please give us truthful, accurate & swift answers as to when we will be able to update our CCR so that it doesn't cause our Imagine machines to stop working correctly, & please give us a guarantee that any future updates will be tested extensively before releasing them to your consumers, to ensure those future updates will not negatively effect our Imagine machines again.

Please... We are tired of begging for the machines that we paid good money for to function as they were represented to do when we purchased them. Please.........
 3 users thanked Glenda for this useful post.
TammyPuckett on 10/18/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 10/22/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/13/2012(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:11:00 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Thank you Glenda! Very well said! I think you should copy that and put into a compaint to the Better Business Bureau. I have filed one & hope that other would or have done the same. I am so sick of not being able to use my Imagine as it is supposed to be used!
joshuabonnett3c78d968 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:16:57 PM(UTC)
joshuabonnett3c78d968

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey all -

I've been frustrated since I bought my Imagine, too (I've only had it a couple of months) - but I am happy to report that the new version of Craft Room that downloaded today actually let my Imagine PRINT AND CUT!

It was still slow - but hey, it worked!

I'm thrilled that I can now use my digital downloads with my Imagine!

Hopefully they will get on the ball with some new cartridges now (btw - if you are looking for any - Hobby Lobby has all their Imagine cartridges on clearnace for $7.19!)

Joshua
 1 user thanked joshuabonnett3c78d968 for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 10/22/2012(UTC)
K.McIntyre Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:31:06 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I went into use CCR and it did not give the option this time to not do the upgrade from 132, so hopefully 179 it will cut/print.

Kristin
Gadget girl Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:41:35 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Yippeee!!

Just tried the Imagine with the CCR and it actually printed and cut perfectly.

I think all the Imagine owners should be given free mats and ink for hanging in there with Cricut.

It has been very frustrating but am glad they are getting there at last. Its only took about 4 years!

Just need to work on them to let all us international (non USA) people to buy from the Cricut.com shop now!! And yes some new cartridges would be nice! Wish I could get the clearance prices on cartridges that you get in the USA.

Susan
TammyPuckett Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:35:01 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I was so excited to see that things were working with the Imagine & CCR so I updated mine & now my Imagine won't work! PC CS told me Friday that I needed to do a Format on it through Sync. I have done that 5 times over the weekend & this morning & it gets to the next to last step & comes up "BAD IMAGE" & won't go any further than that. I have called again this morning & now they tell me that there is a driver that needs to be reinstalled & I will have to way 24 - 72 hours for someone to call me & log into my computer to fix it! Why didn't someone tell me this Friday night instead of wasting my time? UGH!!!!
Gadget girl Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 10:22:46 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

I did the CCR update and it asked me if I wanted to replace my old ccr and once it had installed it worked great. So sorry you are having problems, I wish they tested things a lot more before they gave us these updates. I am just so glad mine is working it has been such a long time coming but hopefully this is just the start! Hope you get yours working soon. Susan
CricutGena Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:27:13 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 301 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gadget girl Go to Quoted Post
Yippeee!!

Just tried the Imagine with the CCR and it actually printed and cut perfectly.

I think all the Imagine owners should be given free mats and ink for hanging in there with Cricut.

It has been very frustrating but am glad they are getting there at last. Its only took about 4 years!

Just need to work on them to let all us international (non USA) people to buy from the Cricut.com shop now!! And yes some new cartridges would be nice! Wish I could get the clearance prices on cartridges that you get in the USA.

Susan

Hello Susan! We have recently made it possible for our International customers to purchase digital content through Cricut Craft Room and Cricut.com! I hope that this helps in getting great new content for your machine! Happy Crafting!
-PCGena
Gadget girl Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:54:35 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

I much prefer the cartridges and to be able to shop the full range and its not exactly the fastest yet on the CCR. I am glad I can finally cut and print with the Imagine but as I said its just a start. Please allow us to buy the full products. Maybe if we had this faciility when it was said we would have it I might have been ready to shop digital.

Thanks. Susan

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:09:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added stuff

KathyRoscoe Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:06:32 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Well, Glenda, we got the answer. The Imagine is now stand alone! Don't expect ANYTHING from PC with regard to the Imagine working with CCR. Sort of like saying NEVERMIND after making a boat load of promises. Now, they can probably do some CCR programing that will make the software more compatible with the other machines. Seemed like the programming for Imagine functionality caused a lot of glitches.

Originally Posted by: Glenda Go to Quoted Post
BTT---I'd love an answer to this question, because I'd really like to use all the new cartridges I've bought, however I can't!! It's a catch-22 because if I update my Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to actually get the new cartridges to show up in there, then I will render my Imagine machine completely useless, because it will no longer do both fuinctions that I purchased it to do (to PRINT and to CUT)!!! A VERY expensive paper weight!!

Really??? When is it enough?? How long should a consumer be expected to wait to be able to use their Imagine machine & every single Imagine cartridge (that most of us purchased at the higher, "normal" price the market bore for them when they were initially released)??? And why should any Imagine owner continue to buy new Cricut cartridges, which they can't use in CCR, so they can't even design & cut with them on any of the other Cricut machines they might own (Mini, E, E2...)??? I for one am just going to put a moratorium on buying any more new cartridges until I am able to update my CCR without putting my Imagine out of commission.

I have been incredibly patient, as have thousands of other Imagine users, but I would have to guess in this day & age with this economy that most of us are completely running out of patience. There's been a lot of rumbling out there lately about several other Imagine owners who have begun investigating class action suits, as well as bringing this to the government.

There's no reason that any of that should have to happen. Please, just shell out the money now to hire the very best programmers & engineers you can find out there & get this issue fixed once & for all, because that certainly would be a whole lot cheaper than dealing with any potential legal problems that could end up to be on a very grand scale, considering the huge number of consumers who own an Imagine machine.

I hate to see this happen. We went thru this with the Gypsy & waited & waited & waited for that to finally be resolved. That experience should have served as a huge wake-up call regarding the loss of good will and especially the loss of trust that happened to your consumers with that debacle.

Please give us truthful, accurate & swift answers as to when we will be able to update our CCR so that it doesn't cause our Imagine machines to stop working correctly, & please give us a guarantee that any future updates will be tested extensively before releasing them to your consumers, to ensure those future updates will not negatively effect our Imagine machines again.

Please... We are tired of begging for the machines that we paid good money for to function as they were represented to do when we purchased them. Please.........

Narelle Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:37:18 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Well, Glenda, we got the answer. The Imagine is now stand alone! Don't expect ANYTHING from PC with regard to the Imagine working with CCR. Sort of like saying NEVERMIND after making a boat load of promises. Now, they can probably do some CCR programing that will make the software more compatible with the other machines. Seemed like the programming for Imagine functionality caused a lot of glitches.

Actually, since the most recent CCR build (179) CCR works perfectly with my Imagine. It prints and cuts! Woot Wub

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 6:21:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KathyRoscoe Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 6:01:10 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)

Narelle,

I am afraid to run the update since there are no guarantees from PC if it fries my Imagine again. No new production of machines (which means no warranty),no guarantees, no faith in CCR and now that they are saying Imagine is stand alone.....no customer support for Imagine/CCR problems. It is too big a risk to take to run the update. My I is a refurbished machine with expired warranty. I have nothing when it dies and have spent lots of money.

And, actually, the Imagine is not worth much to me without the functionallity that CCR was SUPPOSED to provide. I never liked it as a stand alone.

I am so happy that the update worked for you, though. Maybe I will suck it up and try it.

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Actually, since the most recent CCR build (179) CCR works perfectly with my Imagine. It prints and cuts!

Scrapperdee Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:04:30 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 4074 time(s) in 2335 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Narelle,

I am afraid to run the update since there are no guarantees from PC if it fries my Imagine again. No new production of machines (which means no warranty),no guarantees, no faith in CCR and now that they are saying Imagine is stand alone.....no customer support for Imagine/CCR problems. It is too big a risk to take to run the update. My I is a refurbished machine with expired warranty. I have nothing when it dies and have spent lots of money.

And, actually, the Imagine is not worth much to me without the functionallity that CCR was SUPPOSED to provide. I never liked it as a stand alone.

I am so happy that the update worked for you, though. Maybe I will suck it up and try it.

I AGREE! I'm glad the update worked for some...but I'm so scared to update my imagine and the CCR build because if PC's incompetence renders my imagine useless, I'm screwed!

chloescouturecakese119629c Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:59:07 PM(UTC)
chloescouturecakese119629c

OK I just installed the new update, but now it doesn't let me separate the images from my cartridges into layers. I am trying to cut banners off of the Yummy Cartridge for my daughters birthday and it cuts the whole banner into a million little pieces and won't let me just cut the base layer. Help!
CricutGena Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:56:41 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 301 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chloescouturecakese119629c Go to Quoted Post
OK I just installed the new update, but now it doesn't let me separate the images from my cartridges into layers. I am trying to cut banners off of the Yummy Cartridge for my daughters birthday and it cuts the whole banner into a million little pieces and won't let me just cut the base layer. Help!

Hello chloescouturecakese119629c, So sorry to hear you are having an issue cutting your banner. we would love to help you fix this issue. Please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can certainly help you!
-PCgena