Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Nathan Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:39:43 AM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 76 post(s)
This is the place to post!

Our engineers will be monitoring this thread to help them find the outstanding issues that you are having with Cricut Craft Room.

~Nathan
 4 users thanked Nathan for this useful post.
rhondah* on 9/4/2012(UTC), St.Kittsscrapper on 9/4/2012(UTC), CricketCMV on 9/4/2012(UTC), geemommy on 9/4/2012(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:45:23 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
will it ever work with our Imagines like it is supposed to? My first Imagine died after using CCR once and very afraid to try it again. I don't use it on my other machines b/c I don't want to be tied to my computer.

Linda
 3 users thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
Carolyn on 9/4/2012(UTC), jscraftylady on 9/4/2012(UTC), Doodledo on 9/6/2012(UTC)
IamBubbles=D Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:59:34 AM(UTC)
IamBubbles=D

Was thanked: 489 time(s) in 330 post(s)
I'm trying to sync it to my cricut and it stays on updating drivers. It was updating for an hour.
jscraftylady Online
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:01:36 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2034 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindainWA Go to Quoted Post
will it ever work with our Imagines like it is supposed to? My first Imagine died after using CCR once and very afraid to try it again. I don't use it on my other machines b/c I don't want to be tied to my computer.

Linda

That is my main question, too. Right now CCR does not reliably work with my Imagine. I have at various times been able to print only, then print and cut, then cut only. And sometimes it has just not communicated with my machine at all. I am especially interested now that there appears to be some new digital content for the Imagine.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
NanaJudy on 9/5/2012(UTC)
tlthompson2b89b6df Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:23:50 AM(UTC)
tlthompson2b89b6df

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
This is the place to post!

Our engineers will be monitoring this thread to help them find the outstanding issues that you are having with Cricut Craft Room.

~Nathan

I purchased Digital Summer Bundle last night and it has not shown up in my craft room, anytime I try to purchase other images it just doesn't work.

Thank you,
Tracie
TammyPuckett Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:24:41 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindainWA Go to Quoted Post
will it ever work with our Imagines like it is supposed to?

Linda

I think this is the biggest question that needs to be addressed! It would also be nice to link our cartridges to the CCR that are linked to our Gypsies! Sick of seeing the words "COMING SOON"!
 11 users thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 9/4/2012(UTC), TreetopDesigns on 9/4/2012(UTC), Dana Tarchala on 9/4/2012(UTC), Julia on 9/4/2012(UTC), jscraftylady on 9/4/2012(UTC), Marta on 9/4/2012(UTC), NanaJudy on 9/5/2012(UTC), Doodledo on 9/6/2012(UTC), Mary R. on 9/7/2012(UTC), Cindy J on 9/8/2012(UTC), Granny510 on 2/2/2013(UTC)
scrapintime Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:27:36 AM(UTC)
scrapintime

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
1. Will it ever work with my Imagine, properly and consistently?

2. When will we be able to link our carts on Gypsy to CCR?
 8 users thanked scrapintime for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 9/4/2012(UTC), TreetopDesigns on 9/4/2012(UTC), Kimberly207 on 9/4/2012(UTC), Dana Tarchala on 9/4/2012(UTC), Julia on 9/4/2012(UTC), Buglovindiana on 9/4/2012(UTC), Inspired Butterfly on 9/4/2012(UTC), NanaJudy on 9/5/2012(UTC)
KimberlyMaehrer Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:32:43 AM(UTC)
KimberlyMaehrer

United States

Was thanked: 5418 time(s) in 1162 post(s)
Using my Imagine, I was only able to print and cut ONE time - many, many builds ago. I tried this past weekend to cut with my AE2 - no luck. It wouldn't recognize my machine - drivers were installed but kept on saying no cricut detected.

Kim M.
dailyscrapper Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:36:53 AM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 101 post(s)
1st priority should be making it work correctly with the Imagine. Everyone should at least be able to cut with CCR and those of us Imagine users who have purchased digital items cannot cut them out.
 4 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 9/4/2012(UTC), TreetopDesigns on 9/4/2012(UTC), NanaJudy on 9/5/2012(UTC), teecricut23c7e41b38 on 9/11/2012(UTC)
crazy_cricut_lady Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:47:05 AM(UTC)
crazy_cricut_lady

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 238 post(s)
I had to uninstall and reinstall it 3 times this weekend just to get it to open as it was "updating drivers" and then would fail. Finally got it to open but now I am afraid to plug my machine into it because I can't afford to replace my machine if something goes screwy with CCR, can we have some guarantee that if the program breaks our machine you guys will make it right?
mandys Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:53:06 AM(UTC)
mandys

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Please do some testing with linking carts and the Create. I have a few carts that are not linked to my Gypsy, yet they will not link to CCR. The link button does nothing. I have tried the instructions that a pop-up will occur when cutting but have yet to see it.
~AmyS~ Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:53:28 AM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Was thanked: 3191 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
It should be capable of working with ALL Cricut Machines. Every last one of them. Including the Gypsy.

It doesn't want to cut with my machines, so I don't bother. I use my Gypsy - so much EASIER!

The CCR is "heavy" - meaning it is slow and awkward at times. Whether this is from the program or the ISP connections, I'm not sure. But this program does not run as smoothly as it should, plus it seems to require us to have a higher rate of internet speed. That needs to be addressed.

Dial-up will eventually be a thing of the past, and a moot point. But we should not have to have the higher speeds for this to work properly. I'm a techie, but I refuse to pay top dollar to have the latest and greatest when my current laptop and internet speed is suitable for EVERYTHING else I do.
Ergo, if I can use all these other intense programs with my current speed, it only stands to reason that the problem is the program.

It is a pita program for many users. I consider it heavy because it doesn't respond properly, nor quickly, it can be "laggy" and it can lock up.

In short, a pita. I do not use it - not even when the images are only available there and no where else. I use my Gypsy and my cartridges. Less time and frustration there. Plus no need for the internet, no need to have my computer at my machine to cut.
 6 users thanked ~AmyS~ for this useful post.
TreetopDesigns on 9/4/2012(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 9/4/2012(UTC), ArcadiaFLNative on 9/4/2012(UTC), Di&Co on 9/4/2012(UTC), Julia on 9/4/2012(UTC), Theresa S on 9/13/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:57:12 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1628 time(s) in 747 post(s)
When will CCR work correctly with the Imagine?

When will Gypsy-Linked carts be able to be linked to CCR?

Kate's Kitchen does not work in CRR. The images will not appear on the mat!

When will CCR have these basic features found in all the other cutter software (including freeware editions):
1. Alignment
2. One Click Shadowing

Even at a connection speed of 12mbps, CCR is slow with original graphics and is slower and almost unusable with Imagine graphics. I have a new computer with 16 gigs of ram......... It's not my speed or my connection. CCR is the only internet application that lags for me.

Composite Images on the Imagine:

Will the imagine ever be able to perform the layering and cutting of composite images as promised when the imagine was release? It was promised that this would be a a feature added to the Gypsy:

Item 4:
http://www.tammyskinner....nal-details-for-now.html

4) Yes, you will be able to print out a composite image from Original Cricut cartridges by coloring the layers and combining (welding) them on a Gypsy. This will be enabled in a near future update to the Gypsy.

If this can't be done, then how does PC plan to compensate Imagine owners since some of us purchased the machine for this feature?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:04:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
TreetopDesigns on 9/4/2012(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 9/4/2012(UTC), Havetoomuchstuff on 9/4/2012(UTC), Inspired Butterfly on 9/4/2012(UTC), DianeDowns on 9/17/2012(UTC)
ArcadiaFLNative Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:33:04 AM(UTC)
ArcadiaFLNative

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1218 time(s) in 575 post(s)
Friday night I tried to use CCR and not sure what happened, but could not use it.

I linked Fun in the Sun to CCR from my Expression and after that I kept getting a message that it would not recognize the cartridges I put in the E and then it went to not recognizing any of the machines. I closed out the program and came back in again. I turned the machines on and off several times. Nothing worked. I could not use either machine - my Expression or my Mini.

So, after being frustrated with this for about two hours I gave up on CCR and went and used my Gypsy.

Someone else posted in another thread with similar problems and I think eventually it worked for them. Maybe I gave up too soon, but I think if it does not work within an hour or so that it is pretty much not going to work.

I thought maybe there was a larger amount of activity on CCR due to all the free images expiring soon.

It would be nice to have a list of troubleshooting helps and tips when something like this happens.

Thanks,

Penny
 1 user thanked ArcadiaFLNative for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 9/4/2012(UTC)
Threadbear Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:08:43 AM(UTC)
Threadbear

United States

Was thanked: 4591 time(s) in 3116 post(s)
I have designed in CCR for some time, but this weekend was my first time trying to cut with it. I used it with my Expression and the problem I encountered several times was the missing cartridge error. I had my cartridge inserted into my E and it was cutting properly. Then I would try and do another cut and get a message that the cartridge needed to be inserted. I would end up having to turn off my E, shut down CCR, and then start everything up again to get it to cut.

I also noticed that it cuts differently than when I use Design Studio. I was cutting some mid-weight cardstock and what would have cut with a single cut using DS was not cutting all the way through with CCR. It was cutting through in areas where there were curves, but when it got to a point or an area where two lines intersected, it did not cut through. It reminded me of paper dolls from years ago where you had to pop them out and there were jagged edges left.
 1 user thanked Threadbear for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 9/4/2012(UTC)
Kroppin Kari Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:12:36 AM(UTC)
Kroppin Kari

United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 900 post(s)
**Don't push updates on friday/saturday/sunday nights when people are using the program the most over the weekends, and there is no help available at PC during these times for when the program craps out. Many times we are all mid project and CCR goes down for maintenance. I'm sorry but I WORK to pay for my cricut habit during the week and can only craft on the weekends. I really enjoy CCR (when it works) and want to know that I will be able to complete projects when I have the time.

** ALIGNMENT would be a great asset to have. I want to be able to line up all my images all at one time left, right, and center justified as well as top, bottom, and middle!

** Linking the gypsy with CCR

** Ability to work consistently with ALL exising machines

** UNLINKING Cartridges (Some times we do want to sell these when we no longer are in love with them!)

** Ability to work WITHOUT internet access except for Updates of digital content

** Ability to use it on my ipad and android tablets

** When coloring items for the imagine to be able to save custom color pallets we design and to be able to share them with other users. (Example I create a pallet of colors for disney characters, I want to be able to pull that up from a list and use it over and over again without typing in RGB codes all the time)

** Ability to add additional tags/ metadata to individual shapes. Many times the shapes are labeled weird names and don't come up well in searches. I want to be able to add my own custom tags (perhaps these can be linked to a shared database for all to gain an advantage from) so I can find certain shapes better.
 9 users thanked Kroppin Kari for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 9/4/2012(UTC), gma on 9/4/2012(UTC), Julia on 9/4/2012(UTC), Coah'sNana on 9/4/2012(UTC), Inspired Butterfly on 9/4/2012(UTC), NanaJudy on 9/5/2012(UTC), LazyBee on 9/6/2012(UTC), Cindy J on 9/8/2012(UTC), twosandalzbbb8c45b on 9/12/2012(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:19:06 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 19100 time(s) in 4930 post(s)
After hearing that it crashed all kinds of machines that work perfectly before the updates, I'm not using it at all and probably never. Especially when customer service just chalks it up as there's not a fix yet. There seems to never be a fix once the machines crash using CCR. No thanks, I paid good money for my new machines, not updating because I don't want to have a useless machine. End of story.
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
LynneF on 9/4/2012(UTC)
Auntie Dene Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:28:17 AM(UTC)
Auntie Dene

United States

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I can not get into CCR today keep getting service error. Never had a problem before.
PattiLu Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:34:27 AM(UTC)
PattiLu

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I called over two weeks ago about log-in issues. Cricut.com does not seem to keep my password and I have to reset it every time to log in. And even when I am logged into Cricut.com and try to log into the Craft Room, I consistently get "invalid cricut.com login." I had two people try to help resolve the problem but were unable. I was told someone would get back to me and no one has so far. It has to be an error on your end of my account as on my desktop I am able to log into my daughter's account, design and cut from my Expression. I have quite a few of my cartridges linked to my account which is troublesome to me not being able to log into my well established account. I have used it since the beginning and have had NO PROBLEMS until recent update. I am extemely frustrated with the situation as it is.Angry
St.Kittsscrapper Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:42:02 AM(UTC)
St.Kittsscrapper

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 1395 time(s) in 901 post(s)
Nathan pops in and leaves in a flash
unregistered Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:46:22 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Quote:
Nathan pops in and leaves in a flash

Smart fella!

LOL
Dana Tarchala Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:55:15 AM(UTC)
Dana Tarchala

Was thanked: 1083 time(s) in 513 post(s)
I don't know what happened during updating CCR but once it was finished I wasn't able to use it. It kept me on the log in screen and wouldn't do anything. I had to uninstall and reinstall and then it worked. What a pain!!!

I can't wait until I can use my linked carts on my gypsy with CCR would make things so much smoother for me.
ArcadiaFLNative Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:11:14 AM(UTC)
ArcadiaFLNative

United States

Was thanked: 1218 time(s) in 575 post(s)
What is happening with CCR is just what I was afraid of - it not being reliable and dependable.

I have two actual cartridges linked to it and quite a few digital ones that I have purchased. I am leery of this program and whether or not we can trust it. I would love to have all 300 + cartridges loaded into it from my Gypsy, so I would have access to all of them, but want to know that CCR is reliable.

I have been trying to work with it and get comfortable with it so I can really use it. Unfortunately when I try to use it, it does not work for me.

I think it is a great program, but if you are going to literally expect thousands of users to have access to it, then it does need to work without glitches.

Those of us who are not technology savvy get frustrated very easily when we have constant problems with CCR and our machines.

I am so afraid of updates causing my machines to die, that I am very cautious of them. I do not want to send a machine back and get a "refurbished" one, but many have posted maybe the refurbished ones will work, but that makes no sense to me to let go of one that was brand new when purchased that is killed by updates to end up with a used one???? Same thing with the Gypsy. I guess someone needs to convince me of this as a resolution, because I am not convinced yet.

Please post a troubleshooting thread of what to do when these things happen so we know the exact steps to take and not guess with trial and error.

I have gotten more help from the Circle message boards than I have ever gotten from PC, so please give us reliable IT information.

Please know I am not out to bash anyone or anything, I just want reliable, correct information without getting the "working on it" or "no resolution" or "no fix for it" or send in your machine for a used replacement.

Thanks,

Penny
 1 user thanked ArcadiaFLNative for this useful post.
Inspired Butterfly on 9/4/2012(UTC)
southern gal Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:49:58 PM(UTC)
southern gal

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am having trouble buying digital cartridges. I ahve been trying for the past five days. need help.
mimihurd Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:53:49 PM(UTC)
mimihurd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was doing great cutting with ccr till I did auto fill then I kept getting a bridge error I tried to update everything but cricut sync and ccr cannot recognize my machine my e2 or the imagine so I cant update or use ccr at all.
Mickey B Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:33:47 PM(UTC)
Mickey B

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Current issues:
Unable to link Imagine Pattern cartridges to CCR. Had to install a previous version of CCR.

Unable to cut from Imagine

Not really an issue, but something that I noticed with the last update. When printing on Imagine, the outline color changes - dependant on which Imagine cartridge is used.
Threadbear Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:00:27 PM(UTC)
Threadbear

United States

Was thanked: 4591 time(s) in 3116 post(s)
Wow, I just tried to use CCR for the first time today and am having major issues with welding. I am going to try and insert a photo so you can see. Also, there is a terrible lag time between functions. If I put something on the mat, it takes a few seconds before I can do anything else, including scrolling on the page.
 6 users thanked Threadbear for this useful post.
geemommy on 9/4/2012(UTC), Inspired Butterfly on 9/4/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 9/4/2012(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 9/5/2012(UTC), hendrixamsufabbf004 on 6/2/2013(UTC), Hello Kitty on 8/8/2013(UTC)
BarbaraTravis Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:01:22 PM(UTC)
BarbaraTravis

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 178 post(s)
With so many people having problems cutting and then experiencing messed up machines, I won't be using this program and that makes me sad. I have even taken an on line class to learn how to use it and really enjoyed learning the program. I've designed things but I haven't cut anything out and with all the problems people are having, I doubt I ever will. Why should I chance having any of 4 machines I have get messed up up because of this program?

I will not be a guinea pig for cruicut products. Test your programs and machines BEFORE they are released. We pay you to buy machines and products that work out of the box. Anything else is really unacceptable.

Barbara
Narelle Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:06:46 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7599 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
CCR gets stuck on Initializing for many people and they are unable to get into the program.

I'd suggest your engineers check out the CCR forum. They'll find lots of info about problems with the program there.

The major problems I have are:

Response time especially when welding is involved

Welding issues (see threadbears post two posts before this one)

Not being able to Cut with my Imagine.

The Buy button takes you to a dead link at Cricut.com

ETA: I love CCR and have done so since it was first released in Beta. But it is missing some basic functions that most design programs have. Some of those have already been covered above.

I'd love to see automatic ( and multiple ) shadows available for every font. Check out the graphics on the Groovy Times cart. I'd like to be able to create designs like that myself.

I'd also like to be able to import other types of graphic files and cut those.

And the big one for me... I'd like to be able to use CCR offline. I'm a long time Design Studio user and fully expected to be able to purchase an offline version of CCR.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:13:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 9/4/2012(UTC), geemommy on 9/4/2012(UTC), ~AmyS~ on 9/5/2012(UTC), LazyBee on 9/6/2012(UTC), Cindy J on 9/8/2012(UTC), Hello Kitty on 8/8/2013(UTC)
allornunn1ebc38201 Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:42:12 PM(UTC)
allornunn1ebc38201

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 14 post(s)
would like to be able to buy ANY digital cartridge thru CCR, even "retired" cartridges like HELLO KITTY FONT cartridge for example. PC would be making more money giving this option,seeing as to how people are selling cartridges like this at insanely unreasonable prices on ebay.

can we have more famous friends please?? can i put in a request for HASBRO transformers and my little pony???
 2 users thanked allornunn1ebc38201 for this useful post.
Marfy on 9/4/2012(UTC), Hello Kitty on 8/8/2013(UTC)