Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marykay_phelps442da15c Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 3:52:57 PM(UTC)
marykay_phelps442da15c

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I need help! Tried to update my Gypsy before I left for work. Was surprised it was still running 2 hours after starting, but the screen says the Gypsy will shut off when the download/update is complete, so I figured, no problem, it will shut off when it is done. I headed off to work, thinking nothing of it.

Well, nine hours later when I returned, it was still on...and after resetting the Gypsy via the back of the unit, I cannot get past the "loading" screen. I also tried holding the 3 buttons on the unit simultaneously, but after seeing the bars on the screen, the Gypsy screen reverts back to "loading" and stays there--forever. Seems there must be a glitch in the download, since so many of us are experiencing problems. What I need is a solution!!! Can anybody help me???
 1 user thanked marykay_phelps442da15c for this useful post.
bevyb on 9/9/2012(UTC)
cristine Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 3:57:27 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 66 post(s)
sorry, I wish I could help. I"m sure someone will be along shortly to help you. Best of luck!!
BettyZapata Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:13:20 PM(UTC)
BettyZapata

I am having the exact same problem. I started about 4 hours ago also. I thought it was because my gypsy died in the middle of the update and I had to plug it in and start over but now I'm thinking it was the download. Please someone respond to help us soon. I have new car
tridges I am dying to load and can't till I do the update. Confused
mickyminx Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 8:20:36 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marykay_phelps442da15c Go to Quoted Post
I need help! Tried to update my Gypsy before I left for work. Was surprised it was still running 2 hours after starting, but the screen says the Gypsy will shut off when the download/update is complete, so I figured, no problem, it will shut off when it is done. I headed off to work, thinking nothing of it.

Well, nine hours later when I returned, it was still on...and after resetting the Gypsy via the back of the unit, I cannot get past the "loading" screen. I also tried holding the 3 buttons on the unit simultaneously, but after seeing the bars on the screen, the Gypsy screen reverts back to "loading" and stays there--forever. Seems there must be a glitch in the download, since so many of us are experiencing problems. What I need is a solution!!! Can anybody help me???

Hi

Get a pin and turn gypsy over, look for tiny hole and insert pin - its the reset button, i know cause i had to do it to mine the other day BigGrin

regards

Michelle
thsmyboyf9d09899 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:58:02 AM(UTC)
thsmyboyf9d09899

Originally Posted by: marykay_phelps442da15c Go to Quoted Post

I am having the same problem!!! Did you get yours fixed yet??? I tried to reset using the little button on the back, no good. Did a hard reset like you did, pushing the 3 buttons. I got hte rainbow screen, the cross hairs to calibrate, but it locked up again once it got to the one in the middle! I've been on hold waiting for support for 15 minutes now. HELP!!! PLEASE!! Crying

#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 3:37:20 PM(UTC)
marykay_phelps442da15c

Just got home from work, have not gotten it fixed...will have to call tech support when I am able...sounds like I need lots of time available to deal with it but don't have it at the moment...what did they finally say to you, assuming you got to talk to them??? I'd be so grateful if you could tell me what to do to fix this!
craftsb99a66d1 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:47:42 PM(UTC)
craftsb99a66d1

Having the same exact problem. After starting sync, and it told me to reset my G which I did, it is stuck on the "loading" under the Gypsy logo. Did anyone get a resolution to this? what do I do?
thsmyboyf9d09899 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:22:15 AM(UTC)
thsmyboyf9d09899

I didn't have the time at the time either to stay on hold. I'm going to a crop in a month and need to get this fixed!!

Any Admins out there that can help?!?!
Shelly Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:33:05 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Having the same problem. I have a bunch of new cartridges I want to link, so started the update. Haven't done it for a long time so it had me disconnect to load a driver and reconnect. Did the firmware update and then told me to turn my G back on. Got stuck on the loading screen. Said there was a problem and to turn G back on again and restart sync. Well the G wouldn't turn off. Read on here to try resetting with a pin on the back and it is back onto the loading page. GRRR!!! What's going on?
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:30:32 PM(UTC)
marykay_phelps442da15c

I just got off the phone with customer support and am in the process of a reformat and restore...will lose all of my files but not my cartridges...worth it to get this going again!

I was told to plug it into the wall and the computer, open Cricut Sync and after it loads and looks for the Gypsy, THEN I turn it on...take the pointy piece of the stylus and place it in the hole on the back for 3 seconds...hold down left bottom silver button, round right button, then press power button on the side...altogether...screen should be BLUE.

If I remember right, it then asks you to troubleshoot, to which you say 'yes'...asks you a series of 5 questions, which you answer the first one'yes', then 3 'no's and then 'yes' again...(even if those answers don't seem correct to you!)

It should run through 13 steps...I am still in step 11, but it seems to be progressing...after you get through step 5, step 6 is to restart normally, meaning just press the power button. It will ask you to do it again at step 8...just turn it on! Step 9 will be the calibration step, just set up the corners and center by tapping the cross at each spot on screen. Then you will finally see the home screen with the Cricut head, the the wrench and whatever else the third box is...hit "continue" on your computer screen...

I hope this info gets you all back on track with your machines...mine is still downloading updates but it is going...and I am SOOO happy! Let me know if you are confused by my less-than-technical description of how to do this...I am not tech support, but have learned this lesson the hard way!
 5 users thanked marykay_phelps442da15c for this useful post.
thsmyboyf9d09899 on 9/6/2012(UTC), scubajenn584c51e8f on 9/9/2012(UTC), bevyb on 9/9/2012(UTC), mal85tho22aa64c2 on 2/6/2014(UTC), swapping4fun0a7e9ef6 on 3/15/2014(UTC)
thsmyboyf9d09899 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 10:59:01 AM(UTC)
thsmyboyf9d09899

Love Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm working the steps now and copying your post for future reference.

I never got time to call again, but did send a message through the Cricut facebook page. they asked for my phone number, so a rep could call me, but I never got a call. Are they that busy there?!?!?
#12 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
marykay_phelps442da15c

Happy to help! Did you get reformatted?

I finally got an email reply from provocraft.com after initially sending one to cricut.com, but I got tired of waiting for replies so I called the 800 number. Never heard from cricut.com, but provocraft emailed me the day after I finally called.

I was on the phone for about 35 minutes, about 20 or so on hold waiting for a rep. She was helpful, and I'm glad to have my Gypsy operational.

I am a little nervous about updating my expression, but it must be done...wish me luck!
Shelly Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 8:42:19 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I'm still having problems!!! I called PC and they told me they didn't think my cord to the computer was working and sent me a new one. Got it today and it still wouldn't work on my laptop, so I downloaded cricut sync on another computer in the house. It started working. Got to the fourth step on the "Process recovery data" and just ran for a long time. Called PC again and talked to someone who had me start over again. She stayed on the phone with me for quite a while and when it was staying at this step again, she said to just give it a while and to send her an email about if it worked or not. I let it go for a while again and nothing was progressing. So, I started it over again and let it go again. It just keeps getting stuck at that 4th step.

Of course this had to happen on a Friday, so I have to wait the whole weekend to call PC for more help. I'm afraid I will have to replace this one. I really can't afford to do that, and all my cartridges are linked to my gypsy, except two, so now I won't even be able to use CCR from what I understand. I haven't even tried it yet, but from what I understand I can't link my cartridges to it to cut with. I'm so frustrated!!! I have some projects I want to work on, and like using my gypsy.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try while I am waiting for Monday to call PC again.
Bidsl Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2012 3:22:55 PM(UTC)
Bidsl

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don't know the answer to your problem, but I recently broke my old gypsy and had to buy a new one, then send old and new to Provo Craft. While I was waiting I used Craft Room with my computer and I just plugged my cartridge in my Expression and it cut fine.
bevyb Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:03:12 AM(UTC)
bevyb

I had the same issue when I tried to update my Gypsy, it was stll frozen after 12 hours.Sad
Thanks to marykay_phelps442da15c post I was able to resolve it. I put a pin in the hole in the back which reset it, then I held down the bottom key, menu key and on key. I was lucky BigGrin my Gypsy came back up after going thru the blue screen and the mutiple color screen, as if nothing had happened. I just needed to reset the date. My projects were still there. I then did the Circut Sync update successfully. Thank you again Mary kay for sharing the resolution with all of us. I know this saved me a lot of time, since I'm working during the Support hours.
Bevyb