Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mercy Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 8:37:06 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Mini Owners!! There is a new firmware for CCR. If you connect your Mini to CCR, you should see a special treat! There are “Mini Projects” just for the Mini. As I understand, the projects will only be seen while the Mini is connected to CCR and once you disconnect it, the projects will disappear. The cost is zero and I think they are supposed to remain as it is not temporary as I am not sure about that point. For now, it is only when CCR is connected as the notes do not say anything about the G so try it and see if it works with the G and let us know the outcome. Enjoy!
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
DoodleBug2 on 8/23/2012(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 10:51:09 AM(UTC)
Mercy

I have a little more detail on the special treat. Thus far there is one project for the Mini as it is a Thank You card. After your Mini is connected to CCR and I think after you are signed in as I am not sure about that part, you will be prompted to cut part of the project or skip cutting part of the project and if you skip from cutting the file, then you should be able to cut the full project once inside of CCR. If you try it, let us know the outcome.
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:42:44 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Make sure you have CCR firmware 167.

If you never did the inital Mini update, then the Cricut Mini First Cut should come up automatically. If you did the initial update, then after going into CCR, while the Mini is connected to your computer, click help and "Cricut Mini First Cut." Let us know the outcome.
paperlover Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:22:06 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 88 post(s)
The result was a wonky thank you card that stopped cutting halfway and a red blinking light. I thought it might have been my fault somehow...so I tried cutting from another of the freebies and it never finished cutting and the start button is blinking red again. Thank you PC for the lovely gift. Before the update my mini was working fine. I'll try cutting an image I bought and see what happens in a bit.
paperlover Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:17:59 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Okay, so when I logged back in the mini freebies were gone. Life's a Party was still there so I tried to cut with it and it cut wonky. It was under "my cartridges" and did not ask me to insert the cartridge but like I said cut really wonky.

So then cut from Gypsy wanderings and it cut just fine....so still works.

So was there some announcement that I missed? Were the freebies yanked? Why did they show up when I did the update and then disappear when I logged back in later?