Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

amydahdah Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:17:59 PM(UTC)
amydahdah

Groups: Registered
United States

ugh, I'm sooo frustrated. I thought it was my Carnival cartridge in which it would print and cut 2 rows of images and then suddenly just stop cutting.

I just got my new cartridge today (good ole days-yay) and it cut one image out and spit the paper out.

What is going on here. I would say it is worse with the 2nd update I've done, and even that has its own set of issues with the gypsy and the 50 million times it asks for cartridges just to print off of the imagine.

Help me cut out my cute new images. It prints beautifully, but it seems to be bipolar when it comes to cutting or temperamental.

Big unsmiley face right now. BIG one.
--Amy
Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:41:28 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13210 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Assuming that your Imagine is up to date, the next big culprit is your mat. If the machine cannot adequately read the bold black lines, it will stop cutting. Check for scratches and if found, you can color them in with a permanent black sharpie. Or try another mat.

I'm also assuming you are using the machine as a stand alone and NOT with CCR. CCR still has bugs when it comes to the Imagine, so if you are using CCR, it is probably NOT a problem with your machine.

Does it do this only with those two cartridges, or with ANY cartridge?

If none of the above applies, post back with your version number.
amydahdah Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:13:10 PM(UTC)
amydahdah

United States

OMG, technology probs everywhere now. I just wrote this long reply and it erased my post.

Ok so I"ll keep this succinct. I do have a brand new mat. With Good ole days' and 'carnival' it spits out the mat after it reads the mat in the cutting area.

I then tried my Yummy cartridge I've had for awhile, and guess what it printed AND cut everything!

I am absolutely bummed about this. My updates are up to date, my mat is brand new. Any other ideas? I mean the gypsy and the Imagine are a little wonky with me already so I did try the cartridges out just solely on the imagine. And it does say print and cut on the screen before it takes the paper in.

so sad now. Crying
amydahdah Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:18:15 PM(UTC)
amydahdah

United States

It cut the first image on every attempt I've made with 'Good ole Days.' So it cut one out of many successfully.
Coah'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:21:12 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

If those are the only two carts that do that, I would call support and ask for replacements. If you have problems with other Imagine carts, especially if you are NOT using a Gypsy, I personally would try doing a restore and if that didn't work, I'd contact support for additional troubleshooting.
craftingginski Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 11:22:45 PM(UTC)
craftingginski

I'm having a similar problem. Was working fine until yesterday - just using the Imagine alone (not CCR - too many problems)- then wanted to use a new mat. Machine will print but not cut. Tried just cutting - nope! Tried another new mat - nope! Tried more new mats - nope. And now even the old one I was using won't cut. When the housing move out to begin the cutting, the mat is visible but the housing moves back and forth over the very beginning of the mat - before the black line (am I explaining this corrctly?). Then the housing moves back to the right, the mat moves forward and out of the machine! Sometimes just before spitting the mat out, the mat will move back and forth a few times. I called support this morning and, at that time, the old mat was still cutting - now nothing cuts. Any ideas? Di I need to do a restore (I saw that on one of the forums). Will I then have to update my machine again? I'm about ready to send it back! COncept is great! Implementation not so good.
Coah'sNana Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:15:48 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Originally Posted by: craftingginski Go to Quoted Post
I'm having a similar problem. Was working fine until yesterday - just using the Imagine alone (not CCR - too many problems)- then wanted to use a new mat. Machine will print but not cut. Tried just cutting - nope! Tried another new mat - nope! Tried more new mats - nope. And now even the old one I was using won't cut. When the housing move out to begin the cutting, the mat is visible but the housing moves back and forth over the very beginning of the mat - before the black line (am I explaining this corrctly?). Then the housing moves back to the right, the mat moves forward and out of the machine! Sometimes just before spitting the mat out, the mat will move back and forth a few times. I called support this morning and, at that time, the old mat was still cutting - now nothing cuts. Any ideas? Di I need to do a restore (I saw that on one of the forums). Will I then have to update my machine again? I'm about ready to send it back! COncept is great! Implementation not so good.

Sorry you are having these problems. The machine can definitely be temperamental at times. You can certainly try the restore (support would probably have you do that anyway), but try something simple first if you haven't already. Flip the mat around with the arrow FACING you when you feed it in. Make absolutely sure nothing is covering any of the solid black lines.
If that doesn't work, there is a sticky at the top of this forum that contains the Restore procedures. Be prepared to spend the time doing it and make sure you have the most current version of C-Sync (2.1.12) before you start. Post back and let us know the outcome.
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
craftingginski on 6/5/2012(UTC)
craftingginski Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:02:15 AM(UTC)
craftingginski

Thanks, I had tried that before but just tried it again. Have only the Lori's Garden cartridge in (think I may have switched from Paper Lace to Beyond Birthdays - with LG still in - before all this started but not sure). Anyway, tried cutting basic shape with mat both ways with no fill and acted just the same. All black lines clearly visible. Have printed restore instuctions in front of me, cup of tea at hand, taking a deep breath, and plunging in... (no smiley for hopeful, but that's what I am!)

Just saw that I have version 2.1.0.3 so will update to 2.1.12 and try cutting agian before I do restore.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:09:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot to add version info

craftingginski Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:13:33 AM(UTC)
craftingginski

Even though I have 2.1.0.3, it says my machine is up to date. What now? Do I go ahead with restore?
Coah'sNana Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:48:25 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

The version number you are referring to is the version of the Cricut Sync Software. A new version of that was released a little over a week ago (to 2.1.12). You should download the new version from cricut.com (at the bottom of home page) before you beging the restore. It should also download the most recent Adobe Air if you don't already have it. The version of the Imagine that you should have is 0123:0035. I'll say a little prayer for you. BigGrin HTH
craftingginski Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:22:58 PM(UTC)
craftingginski

Thanks, I need lots of prayers! Hit a snag updating to latest version of Sync but updated with help from support. Started the restore process, progressed to the end of the 2nd of 3 steps in the "Image Format and Restore" screen, and then got a message that cricut lost my connection to the internet, though my broadband was still connected. Shut the whole thing down, including aircard connection to computer. Let everything rest a while. Now starting over. Good hing I have nothing else planned for today.
craftingginski Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 7:32:49 PM(UTC)
craftingginski

I give up! I have spent an entire day nd still have not managed to restore the Imagine. I have dealt with cricut support and antivirus people. Have installed updated antivirus software which was to have solved the problem Have restarted the restore process more times than I can count. It either stalls on step 2 of 3 downloading 5 of 6, or the latest - I get a message "Unablle to connect to Expression 2. Restart this application and you will be prompted to continue the update".. WHAT Expression 2?????? Will deal with cricut support again tomorrow - way too late to call now. AM seriously thinking of returning or donating the Imagine - really do not need anything this temperamental in my life. This is supposed to be a fun hobby. Angry Confused Mad ThumbDown
Khrista Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:51:07 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I can sympathize. If you didn't do this, could be the simple of why it didn't go through. You have to make sure your computer doesn't go to screen saver or sleep mode while it's doing the process. Otherwise it drops connection / stalls out. I know they often suggestion plugging in directly vs airport/wireless connections. I've had to do that here and there. Usually I don't have a problem, but the few times I have I either switched my laptop (I happen to have a Mac and a PC.. ) or plugged directly into the internet.

Also, are you guys on print and cut. Don't go to cut only. That's a no longer needed function and causes various problems when you do use it. It'll cut only automatically if something isn't filled.

Just more possible ideas.
:)Khrista
craftingginski Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:26:40 PM(UTC)
craftingginski

Thanks for hanging in there with me - you're a dear!!! I did leave the laptop a few times and the display does go blank but the computer never sleeps when plugged in and there is no screensaver - just the display blacking out. Internet connection is through an AirCard.

I do have the Imagine in print and cut mode, though I tried the "cut only" a few times after the problems started to see if that would work and of course it did not, so I returned to the print and cut mode. I'll disable the computer display blanking when I try this again; was going to do it tomorrow but I need some time away from this and I truly lost the entire day today. And so the saga will continue on Thursday...
craftingginski Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:59:19 AM(UTC)
craftingginski

Okay, I finally know what's causing the restore problem. I don't have high speed internet - only AirCard. It seems that PC should include system requirements of high speed internet so folks know BEFORE they but the Imagine that they will not be able to download all the updates etc because the files are too large for anything other than cable or DSL. The rep explained this to me just now, after I spent another hour trying the restore and having it stall at the same place. Will try taking machine to my neighbor's tomorrow to see if her high speed will allow the download. At least I know now... Will post this requirement on a new forum also. Would be helpful if this appeared at the top of the Restore procedure and will post that also...
craftingginski Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:23:57 PM(UTC)
craftingginski

OK so I got the high speedinternet, completed the restoreprocess and the #@$%#*%$ machine still won't cut. Any ideas now? Am hesitant to update machine - it seems like some have more problems after an update than before. Welcome any suggestions beside call PC in the AM.
jennifer.n.carrb6196377 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:01:48 AM(UTC)
jennifer.n.carrb6196377

This is what I found and it worked for me!
http://cricutcraftroombl...and-imagine-cutting.html