Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8081828384>»
rm920 Offline
#2431 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:45:34 PM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all...

Lizzy, you make me dizzy just trying to keep up with all that is going on! Guess it is a good thing that you are officially retired! I don't know how you would keep up if you weren't. Good luck with the mirror situation! I would ask how retirement is treating you but I don't think you have had enough time to breath yetBigGrin

Carrie, I agree with Lizzy, sometimes kids just don't think parents know anything! Hope the training works well for the little furry guy. I can sure understand about everyone wanting to use the new lawn mower. It looks like lots of fun!

Paula, glad you had a nice trip north. What will you do all by yourself when DH and DS go on the fishing trip??? Hope you have something special planned for yourself.

Pat, hope you get to do the research you wanted to get to while out there. Have you gotten to your mother's yet? Hope she is doing well.

Not much happening here. Amber and I did have a girls shopping day in Topeka on Saturday. She is really growing up! We had a great day and had lots of time to talk. We went shopping for a baby shower gift. My grandaughter Meghann (Michelle's daughter) is expecting a little girl in August and the shower is next weekend. All of these great-grandbabies make me feel so old Sad but I do love holding all these babies!

Sunday I did get some cards made. Also worked on planning layouts and sorting some pics.

Will check in later!
lizzyea Offline
#2432 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 11:54:49 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

It's late on Monday evening...what a day. We got it all worked out with the window installer and the house painter. Fortunately, the window installer is coming tomorrow to install the windows and seal them all; the house painter is coming on Thursday to power wash the house and begin painting on Friday. Disaster averted, once again!

In the meantime, I hope to finish the planting of flowers in the front, got quite a few done today but must finish up tomorrow and Wednesday. I will them move on to tidying up the patio. I think we have a pick-up of discards (furniture, etc.) being picked up either tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't remember.

I still am looking for mirrors for the guest and girls' bathrooms. I thought I had found two for the girls' bathroom, but then when I looked more closely, I didn't like them all that much. There was nothing at Target, so I'm hoping to find something acceptable at Kohl's...if not, I'll keep checking at Home Goods. Today, what they had was different than Sunday. There's a different Home Goods not terribly far from here, so I can always check there.

I did, however, get the basics of towels, rugs, etc. for the bathrooms taken care of! Whew. I have a couple of boxes to return to Lands End, though. And I still have to order a couple more things from them, but I really want to get these boxes back in the mail to them.

Our garage is a horrendous mess. The stagers piled everything they didn't want in the house into the garage...and it's a nightmare. I called some fellows to help us move it to a storage bin, but the guys haven't called me back. I'll have to call them tomorrow. It would be great if I could get them for about four hours. We could really tidy up the garage and move a bunch of stuff out of here. Otherwise I might lose my mind! Otherwise, I think Terry and I will have to do it ourselves which would be worse than losing my mind!

Well, everyone take care...now that you've heard about my stuff, you'll be glad you're working and not retired!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2433 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:20:21 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

We have storms going through here.

Monster house today but I am the Travel Companion for Serina today so my friend and sister are cleaning. I am going for about an hour, then leaving them. This clean got off it's regular week so it made the conflict. We will be going close to South Bend so maybe we will do something while we are down that way. I also have an appointment for Abby to get her nails cut.

Lizzy, love your posts! =D It sounds like you are keeping very busy but getting a lot done. I don't have a plan to go to Rhonda's. I think you were the one that mentioned it so I checked out the trip.
Is anyone else here interested/able to try for a get together there???

Rhonda, I saw the sonogram pics Michelle posted. How exciting!
It sounds like you had a nice day with Amber!
While the guys are gone we are having a "sister's" weekend at the cottage. So far, two of my sisters are coming. The third hasn't committed, I am not expecting her.

Pat, I am glad you made it to CA. Hope all goes well and you get to gather the pics and info you are looking for. :)

Laurie, how did the showing go? I also really enjoyed your bird pics.

Carrie, it sounds like you are as busy as ever! Love the lawnmower story, it sounds like it was a good move!
How was the broccoli?? What fun that you get to eat it, home grown!!

Nancy, what are you up to?

Gotta get moving, lots to do today and the cleaners are coming so the house has to be picked up before I go.
lizzyea Offline
#2434 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:41:21 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Good morning, friends!

This morning, I got up very (very) early to take Terry to the airport. He will return on Friday. I'm on my second cup of Starbucks and have already tidied up the patio as much as I felt like it and gave Miss Ruby a bath. I watered my plants out there. I ordered tickets for the Angels game for July 4 (vs. the Cardinals plus a fireworks show). I want to get a package together to mail back to Lands End and get it into the car. I also started a load of laundry. I need to shower and make the bed in our room and tidy it up.

Kelly is coming over with her kids to see the house, then we are getting lunch, and going to a park. I have the window man coming. I need to call the teenage boys about moving furniture to the shed.

Otherwise, all I have on my agenda is planting the rest of the flowers, paying bills, mailing the above-mentioned packages, and going to Kohl's to return two dresses and looking for mirrors - plus anywhere else I can think of to look for mirrors. I still need three more - two matching for the girls' bathroom and one larger one for the guest bathroom. Not all that much on today's agenda. If the flowers don't get planted today, they can wait until tomorrow, but I have an eye doc's appointment tomorrow and I don't know how well my eyes will be working after that visit.

Paula, it's good to hear from you. As for getting together, I have everything on hold right now pending getting the house on the market and going to my SIL's to finish up the final arrangements regarding my brother's death. I also need to visit my mother and I'll incorporate both trips into one. Once all that is done, I can see my way to making other plans.
imnchghere Offline
#2435 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:51:21 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Just want to say a quick hello since I. Only have internet on my phone. If I could get to a Verizon store, I could maybe replace my dead air card. Very hard to type on here. Mom is doing well enough.Long story about using her car. I trid to read the pposts. Will be here until the 8th. Then home on the 9th.
Nancycs Offline
#2436 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:02:29 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

I have really been MIA.

I have just been so busy with all the kids and then getting a shed put up, graduations, and planning next weeks time up north.

Lizzy congrats on your official retirement!

Pat it sounds like you are enjoying your trip (and those pictures).

Paula a sisters weekend at the cottage sounds wonderful!

Rhonda congrats on becoming a grandma again (or soon to be grandma again)!

Carrie I am glad the puppy training is going well. Who won the fight about lawnmowing?? BigGrin

Well I am as busy as ever and I have some get well well cards to make. One is for a 15 YO who suffered a stroke. They found out it is because of a hole between the chambers of his heart. He is undergoing surgery for that today. His mom is trying to get 500 likes on his facebook page for his lawn mowing service to brighten his day. He is at 314. If you want to like it you can (but of course you don't have to. I am just trying to help. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/anthonyslawn?fref=ts

Have a great day everyone!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2437 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 5:14:39 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies.

Just said goodbye to my guys. I am leaving for the cottage while they are at work and they leave tomorrow early for their fishing trip. They will return Thursday.

Lizzy, I loved your post, you are so funny....I remember you in spite of your absence! ;) Sounds like things have come together for you. Did you get the guys over to move the items you wanted? How do you like the house redo?
We will put our get together on pause. Nothing says it has to be in the summer, anyone interested in fall??

Laurie, what are you up to these days?

Rhonda, where are you?? How are the changes at work going? It seems like there would be a lot to cover, loosing two employees.

Not sure why I am asking questions since I won't be around to read the answers....hmm...

Pat, I hope your trip is going well. I see you got the pics scanned. That is great!!! I think it will be really good to be able to see your mom in person and assess things on your own.

Nancy, it was good to see you stop by too. Hope you have a great time up north!!

Carrie, you haven't posted since eating the broccoli....you ok?? hahaha Glad the lawn mower went over so well.

Now I have to jump in the shower and finish loading the car. I would like to be out of here by 9:15. I will pick up my sister and we will make a few stops along the way...if we like. Abby will be in the car so they won't be long. We are dropping off a phone to Katie. She took hers in the lake. She was saving a run away canoe I guess. (she is a life guard at a summer camp about 40 minutes from here)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I think I will be home Tue. night, I do have to work Wed. so that will be the latest.
Flee57 Offline
#2438 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 7:41:52 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

Paula, that Katie just jumps in, doesn't she? LOL That's what makes her who she is :) Have a blast at the cottage! Hope you have awesome weather!

Pat, glad to hear your Mom is doing well. Her flowers are just gorgeous! I hate messaging on my phone. It's so hard and my typos are aweful!

Nancy good to hear from you. you sound busy as always. How sad for the 15 year old. I hope everything turns out ok for him.

Rhonda I saw the 3D sonogram. how cute that you could see a smile!

Carrie, I haven't seen you on FB. Been thinking about you, Sir Charles and your family. (((HUGS))) to you all.

Lizzy, it seems like it's been forever since I've talked with you! I'm driving to Cinci a bit to have our phones looked at. I will try to call you on my way. Probably won't be till about 12:30 or 1. I want to see pics of your house and yard! I want to hop on a plane and come see it all!

Nothing new or exciting here.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2439 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 6:01:51 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends.

Well Lizzy, my phone has been dead all day, so I couldn't call. I got it to charge when I got home so it's working again. My new one will be here on Monday. Glad I had that insurance on it. D's phone is basically way outdated so I picked him up a new one. I got the same phone. When my contract is up in a year I'm going to get a Galaxy S4...probably an S5 by then. Will you be home tomorrow? What would be a good time for me to try and call?

had yummy meatloaf for dinner. Meatloaf sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!

It's been hot here this week but nothing unbearable. We had a few storms but it didn't really cool things off.

Well I am going to look for a movie to watch. I use a site called viozz. I've been watching lots of movies. If I can't find one I want to watch, then it's a Diners, Driveins and Dives kind of night.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2440 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:46:14 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

Happy Saturday!

Any exciting weekend plans?

None here

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2441 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:05:40 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends...well, we are just about done with everything. Frank is finishing things up today, I hope. There are a few things he still has to do. Terry and I will be finishing up the yard work today and tomorrow. The garage needs to be cleaned up after I had lots of the furniture moved out. Did I tell that story? I don't remember. I ended up calling a number on Craig's List (which I hate using) and got two young men and a truck and they moved the stuff to the storage shed for me. It only cost me a little more than my regular guys. It turned out my regular guys would not have been able to help me at all. So it worked out.

As for photos, I will see if I can take some photos and then downsize them to post. I can put them on FB because I think it's easier to upload to FB than here. I won't be able to do that until much later today, though.

Yes, I really like most everything the stagers did here in the house. I may try to replicate much of what they did in our new home. I like the colors. They are very sophisticated and soothing. Many tans, browns, blacks, with contrasts of dark reds and dark greens.

We bought a new TV last night. Our old TV...not that it was that old, either...was mounted to the wall and we needed to remove it. We no longer had the stand to place it on a table. So, I finally said, let's just save outselves the pain and agony of continuing to look for a stand (I had been relentlessly looking for one) and buy a new one...so we did. It feels very foolish, but that is what happens when you don't keep things you might someday need. It's the same brand as before, same basic set, just larger, with more features. And, I believe it cost less. I'm not sure what we will do with the other one. First, we will offer it to Frank; if he doesn't want it, I will offer it to one of my friends. But, without the stand, it's a PITA. It has to be mounted on the wall or the person has to buy a stand for it.

Laurie, how come you chose the Galaxy phone? Just wondering?

Today, I have to be outdoors planting flowers. We bought lots of flowers and I haven't done my job to get them all planted yet, so I need to finish up my work. Terry thinks we can finish the outdoors this weekend and we really need to do that. I've been watering what I've planted so am hoping the ground is a bit more forgiving than it was when I first started.

I think I could be a bit of a gardener if I didn't have a huge area and the ground was for welcoming to me. Maybe in NC.....

I miss being able to scrapbook now that I have so much time on my hands. Nope, no digital scrapping for this girl.

I have been talking to my SIL about going to Iowa, so I'm hoping that is in the works. I'd like to go sooner and get it done, but I know it's HOT there. Oh well...that won't change any. I'll also go visit my mom as well.

Terry also has me lined up to take a couple of trips with him, too. He has a trip to San Jose and San Francisco late in July and Beaverton, Oregon, in August. It would be nice to figure out a way to take my scrapping stuff with me for those times. But, I don't know if it's feasible for just two-day trips. Maybe it's sorta silly. Better to take my camera and learn more about using it.

Paula, a get-together in the fall sounds fabulous. But, then again, who knows...we will have to play everything by ear. Too much up in the air for everyone right now. Have a wonderful time with your sisters at the cottage.

Carrie, I hope you are doing OK.

Laurie, take care...what are you up to other than playing with your cell phone.

Pat, I know you are just up the freeway from me! LOL

Nancy, you are busy with your family and all that is going on.

Rhonda, you are busy with work and I hope your family, too.

As for me, I'm going to go get dressed and begin my work in the yard.

imnchghere Offline
#2442 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:12:32 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening friends. Today I went to the Verizon store and they took care of my dead air card and now I can use my laptop. I will read the posts this evening ad see if I can catch up later or tomorrow. I LOVE my new phone but I never intended it to take the place of my laptop.

Going to make a big mug of green tea and eat a half of a carrot cake muffin (Costco size).
later all.

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:23:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Flee57 Offline
#2443 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:21:48 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning Friends!

Rhonda, I just saw the pic of you and Meghann on FB. You look great and I love your hair! Looks so easy to take care of. Looks like she had a nice shower. How were those cupcakes? LOL

Pat, glad you can use your laptop now. I'll use my phone in a pinch but I hate using it to post messages. Fat fingers here. I hope your Mom is doing well and that you are enjoying your visit.

Lizzy, glad we hooked up yesterday. I didn't get a new phone. They are replacing the same phone and I'll get it Monday. D got the new phone. He's movin' on up LOL I never downsize my photos. I am so anxious to see your pics! Wish I could come and see it all for myself LOL

Carrie, we haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Paula hope you're having a blast at the cottage!

Nancy, hope you were able to slow down a bit and enjoy the weekend.

I've had a boring weekend. Cleaned the bathrooms yesterday woohoo...that's just about it.

Later!

rm920 Offline
#2444 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:41:05 AM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Yes, Laurie, this hair cut is very easy to take care of! Glad you were able to get things going on a new phone. The shower was great! She is such a lovely mother-to-be! All of the food was great - Michelle is a fabulous cook! It was so nice to see all of the kids yesterday. And I got to have a really good visit with Michelle!

Pat, glad you have been able to scan all the photos. I just love looking at and learning about old photos! Your mom's yard looks great. I love having deer come into the yard. And it is great that you were able to get your laptop air card.

Lizzy, can't wait to see the pics of all the changes. And I would love to see pics of the new flower beds. Hope you don't have to wait too long for it to sell. How is the new house search coming along? So glad you are now able to travel with Terry! Have fun learning the new camera.

Paula, hope you are having a great time with your sisters!

Nancy, glad you stopped by. I will keep the 15 YO in my prayers. So hard to believe that can happen to someone so young. Hope you can slow down and take time to enjoy yourself.

Carrie, - how was the fresh broccoli? How did Dakota like his training?

This morning I have been working on laundry and a few house chores. This afternoon I have to get the yard mowed! Seems like there is always something to do. I want to get back to scrapbooking and research! Will check in later!
Flee57 Offline
#2445 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:41:34 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda, I'm so glad that you and Michelle were able to have a nice visit.
imnchghere Offline
#2446 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:05:58 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. wrapping up day 11 of my trip. 9 more to go, not that I am counting. Once I got the pictures all scanned (there were about 50), I didn't have much else to do. Poor Mom is quite miserable with pain still. I am not sure if it is her hip, nd the injection didn't work, or if it is her back that is still healing. I just do what I can to make it a decent visit. We have been enjoying unusually warm weather and lots of sunshine.
Lizzy, I hope you were able to get your plants finished today. Looking forward to seeing pictures on FB.
Laurie, did I see you have a showing soon or maybe an open house?
Rhonda, I will have to check out the pics of you and Michelle on FB. I missed so much when I only had my phone.
Hello everyone else. Busy day tomorrow with physical therapy for Mom. It usually wears her out.
Hope everyone has a good week.
imnchghere Offline
#2447 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 8:21:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... I meant to mention i my last post about a fall get together. I think it is safe to say I am probably not going to be able make it. I am going to try to come back to CA in the fall and I also have a society trip to ME in August. I also want to do some local crops for scrap booking. I miss working on my pages and I have so many kits ready to assemble.
I also want to o some short research trips. Maybe back to Fort Wayne and the library there. Jim would also like to go to SLC, but that might be in 2014.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know where I stand on getting together.
lizzyea Offline
#2448 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:51:53 AM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi Friends...

Yesterday, a realtor showed our house for the first time. Today, our realtor is coming over to do one last "look over" before it officially goes on the market. She will put the sign up today. Tomorrow the photographer comes and she will put together the brochure...or maybe he puts the brochure together. Well, someone does. I am hoping she has some comments from last night's viewing. I think this coming weekend there will be an Open House. She will let me know.

Yesterday, we tidied up and cleaned which amounted to swiping down the bathrooms (using Clorox wipes on everything), dusting all the surfaces in the house, and vacuuming. It looked pretty darn good, if you ask me. The yard looks decent...not perfect...but decent. The backyard lacks lots of grass and other growth, but we cannot spend hundreds of dollars on plants. We can't do the same in the front, either. But it looks better than it did. Enough said about that!

I am presently waiting for Junk King to come and pick up a bunch of junk from the side of the house. That should finish up all the junk/trash we have. The rest of the trash/junk should be able to fit into our weekly trash bins. We were going to try using either another dumpster or one of those dumpster bags but then realized we couldn't have that sitting in our driveway awaiting pick-up from the guys who pick that up. So....this was the best alternative.

Then, I had to find my checkbook which was another challenge, but I mastered that one.

Later...

The Junk King has been here and for a mere $99 has hauled away all of our junk except for the propane and the paint which I can give to the city. Yea! All of that is gone. Next chore: tidy up the garage! Now, except for the garage and a couple of odd cupboards we are completely and totally done!

Rhonda, that is a great photo of you and Meghann! When is her baby due? I'm glad you and Michelle had a good conversation, too. I hope it is a step toward mending the breach between you two, also.

Pat, I'm sorry your mom is still in pain. I would hope the medical people can do something about that. What is their answer to the pain?

Carrie, I see your photos on FB so I know you are busy.

Well, I must go and perhaps get some paperwork done. Everyone take care.
Flee57 Offline
#2449 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:06:59 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats on the official sign in the yard Lizzy!

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2450 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:55:42 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

I got home just after six tonight. We had a really nice time up north. Perfect weather, warm days, cool nights. The guys are gone till Thur. night.

Tomorrow I am doing my Wed. house and then trying to go to Costco with Cathy.

Glad to hear things are well with you guys.

Rhonda, it looks like a lovely shower. I am glad you got to have a nice visit with Shelly too. :)

Lizzy, look at you...all ready to sell the house. Woohoo!! :)

Pat, sorry your mom is still suffering with pain. I am glad you can spend this time with her, and I bet she is too.

Carrie oh Carrie, where are you? Sorry to hear about Barkley...difficult days.

Nancy, hope your time north is going well.

Laurie, what are you up to this week?

I haven't been home alone for a long time and I have to say I am not loving it...Mellow
rm920 Offline
#2451 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:29:49 AM(UTC)
rm920

Welcome home Paula! Sounds like you have a busy day planned for today. I love the days when it is warm during the day and cool at night. That is the weather we have been having all week. I have the windows open taking advantage of it while I can. I think we have a warm up coming this weekend.

Lizzy, keeping my fingers crossed that you home sells quickly. Now you can relax and enjoy the "refreshed" house and enjoy your retirement. Enjoy the ball game tomorrow.

Laurie, have you had any more showings for your home? Sadie is enjoying lots of fame on the dog web site! Of course, she is such a photo ham BigGrin

Pat, sorry your mom is still in pain. I enjoy the pics of the flowers from her yard. Have you been able to do any research?

Nancy, will you be spending the 4th up north?

Carrie, how is the new lawn mower? Are there still battles over who gets to mow?

I think Amber and I are going to Shelly's for the afternoon tomorrow. Won't get to stay too long as I have to work on Friday. But will be nice to just hang out and enjoy the grands!

I want to send my thoughts and prayers to the families of the firefighters in Arizona and to all affected by those horrible fires.
imnchghere Offline
#2452 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:26:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Wed morning all. Been a pretty busy week here. Mostly keeping on top of the yard. I still want to go to the court house and see about getting my birth certificate corrected. Then when I return home I can get a passport.
Finally found the pictures of Rhonda and Meghann on FB. Looks like a good time. Rhonda, no research to be done here at Mom's. Hopefully when Jim & I return in the fall, we can follow up on some stuff in Sacramento and Napa County. Pretty sure there are more old records to be found there.
Welcome home Paula. Hope the Wed house goes smooth.
Lizzy, I hope the open house and any showings go well for you. This has been an exhausting few months getting ready, but I am sure it will pay off.
Laurie, don't be discouraged about your house not selling yet. It will.

Well, I need to send Jim a note. We do talk on the phone most days, but we also email. This time difference is a pain. No plans here for the 4th. They do fireworks on the bay, but we won't be going. My sister will be back up on Monday and we will drive to San Francisco on Tuesday. I fly home Tuesday night. I am glad I was able to come and give my sister a break and spend time with Mom, but I am ready to be home.
Have a safe holiday everyone and a great rest of the week.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:28:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lizzyea Offline
#2453 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:13:47 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi Friends....

Happy July 3rd! One more day before the big birthday!

Yesterday, I did lots and lots of paperwork. I have my retirement package finally ready to send off for signatures and then to the California State Teacher Retirement System. Yes, I should have done this already...but better late than never. I had to set up an IRA and I wanted the check to be sent directly to the IRA to avoid taxes so...and then I found out the investment company had to sign the paperwork...and so it all took longer than I anticipated.

As soon as I finish posting this, I will get out and about, running some errands. I have two boxes to mail and then some medications to pick up. That should just about do it for the errands.

As for the house, everything is just about completely done. I discovered one cupboard in a bathroom that never got sorted out, a kitchen cupboard that needs to be sorted out, and part of one closet. Then, we will be completely done inside the house. The garage is another deal, but both of us have to work on that together. If I put my nose to it, I should have all that done in no time.

The closet will be the biggest nuisance because it has the most stuff. The other two should be relatively easy.

I am trying to figure out how I can scrapbook in a sneaky, low-profile manner. I am thinking I could have my stuff on shelves in this one closet and just take out exactly what I want to use, do it on my lap, then put it away. I don't know if that will work, but I am seriously thinking about it! LOL

My SIL called today and they have settled on a spot in the cemetery and a monument for my brother. It sounds really nice. But, of course, it made me really sad, which is honestly what I need to do. I need to bring up my grief that I so conveniently stuffed away so I could finish the school year. But, I need to grieve this loss. So, I think the memorial event will be in August because Julia said it would take around that long for the monument to be completed.

In the meantime, I need to think about driving Sarah's belongings down to her in Texas. I'm not sure exactly how I will go about doing that, but I will have to think it through and then do it.

Pat, I'm glad you were able to go to your mom's and help her and your sister out. I know it isn't always the easiest thing to do...but it means a great deal to everyone involved.

Rhonda, I'm glad you are going to Shelley's tomorrow with Amber. That should be an enjoyable time.

Laurie, I read about the yard work Dion was doing on FB....it sounds like a never-ending project. What are you up to these days?

Paula, I wouldn't like it being alone either, especially since you are not used to it. I don't like it and I've been doing it for years and years. What are your plans for the 4th?

Carrie....hello?

Nancy, what have you been up to? I hope you've been busy just relaxing and reading and enjoying your family!

We have had two showings of the house. I don't know when it officially goes into the MLS...maybe today? I'm not sure. I thought our realtor was going to have us look over the listing, but she hasn't send us anything yet. I know she said by Friday it would be on Trulia and all those other internet listings. I hope we get lots and lots of calls! There's sure to be some bites from the nibbles!

Everyone take care....I'm going to go run my errands now.
Flee57 Offline
#2454 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:59:11 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! Happy 4th of July!

Lizzy, once it gets on Trulia and Homes.com we'll be able to see the pics...yeah!! Too bad we can't do a Thelma and Louise road trip to Houston together LOL

Rhonda, I hope you and Amber have a nice visit at Michelle's. Drive safely. How's little Peyton? Would love to see a pic to see how she's growing.

Paula, I hate being home alone overnight too. I keep Sadie in the room with me with the door closed. She barks at things that move outside and I don't want to know when there's things moving outside!

Pat, I'm sure you are enjoying your time spent with your Mom but it is always nice to go home. I have enjoyed your Mom's garden. It's beautiful. Will you be spending the day having fun in SF before your flight.

Carrie and Nancy, I hope you are doing well.

It's stormy here today so Sadie and I will just stay in.

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2455 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:25:57 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Lizzy, I just found it as a new listing on Homes.com but the pics aren't in there yet. Says they are coming soon. Can't wait to see them!
Flee57 Offline
#2456 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:31:00 AM(UTC)
Flee57

OMG Lizzy! I just looked at 1 pic! It's on the mls with pics and I can't even believe that's your house. it looks awesome and so different! I' going back to look at the rest of the pics!
Flee57 Offline
#2457 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:41:54 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Is this my room?
Flee57 attached the following image(s):
0000001.jpg
Flee57 Offline
#2458 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:46:26 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Lizzy, I just showed D and he said Wow, they will sell this real fast. It's gorgeous! I love the white cabinetry throughout and your kitchen countertop. Most of all...your scrapbook room. it's amazing! Where's Terry's office? It's just so awesome! You guys really should sell it quickly.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2459 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:40:33 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hope everyone had a good day.

I had a nice relaxed day. Made meatballs with Cathy today. The guys came home tonight so that is nice. Katie and Pam came over for a bit tonight. So...good day. :)

Lizzy, your house looks FABULOUS!!! Your hard work paid off!! :)
Looks like you were having a great time at the game today.

Laurie, hope the storms passed by you so the celebrations didn't get canceled.

I have tomorrow off but the guys both work. I will be working on laundry.
imnchghere Offline
#2460 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:50:42 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Getting ready to call it a night here. Mom & I watched the Macy's NYC fireworks. Tomorrow we have errands to run. I am hoping to get my birth certificate corrected. We also need to pick up a Rx and get a larger ice pack. Have a feeling this is not going to be a quick day.
Lizzy, your house looks like a model home. I hope it sells quickly. I can see now what you meant by it being too much for just you and Terry.
I am down to 4 days and a wake up here with Mom. It has been interesting. Pretty sure I handled things differently than my sister had been and maybe that was good and maybe not. I do hope the 2 week break has helped my sister a little.
Hope everyone had a nice 4th.