Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Di&Co Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:43:30 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 18995 time(s) in 4898 post(s)
Ok so I took them out tonight and Ive done a couple of rounds on a hat. The only reason I wanted these looms was because I found that the KK looms have pegs that are too far apart for some of the projects I wanted to make. I love my KK looms because they are sturdy and round. Round makes a big difference to me, they are easier to work with.

The MS looms went together nicely. The pegs were either hard to put in or almost too easy. I made an oval loom that was a couple of inches larger in the round than the KK purple round loom, for an adult hat. I ewrapped the first couple of rows and I only ewrapped up to 4 pegs at a crack because even on the KK looms ewrapping the whole row and then knitting made it difficult because there wasnt enough give. I found the pegs on the MS loom wiggle and move. The hook that comes with the kit is useless because they made the handle out of rubber instead of plastic, which is a shame. The MS hook would bend badly and I was afraid to break it so I switched to my KK loom hook which works like a dream. I will know a bit more when my hat is finished but I knew you guys were waiting for some feedback.

The bottom line? If kk looms had pegs that were closer together, I would knit on them exclusively. They are awesome looms and I love them. Sturdy for me is important. Im always afraid of breaking a peg with the MS looms. Ill let you know when I finish the hat and take a pic!
 3 users thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
denubug on 1/8/2012(UTC), cricaholic on 1/9/2012(UTC), MonkeysMom on 1/12/2012(UTC)
denubug Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:41:40 AM(UTC)
denubug

Canada

Was thanked: 434 time(s) in 346 post(s)
Thanks for the review as I was eyeing the box ,currently available at Michaels now....sorry I forgot to price it[huh]
Di&Co Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:20:38 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: denubug Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the review as I was eyeing the box ,currently available at Michaels now....sorry I forgot to price it[huh]

Up in Canada, with a coupon, my son got them for just under $30. I havent written this loom off yet, I cant wait to see the finished product!
cricaholic Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2012 1:06:54 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Cool THANKS for the info!!!
As long as they (pegs) don't pop off, I'll think about it...
Can't wait till you finish and get the REAL results!!!BigGrin
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:59:49 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12262 time(s) in 4978 post(s)
Thank you the review. I got this for a gift, but the pegs were missing so I had to take them back. I was obsessed and when to a different Michael's to find them in stock.

I had the same experience with the pegs. Just too darn hard to put in. After 10, my fingers were killing me. They should sell gloves with them! hahaha I also had some holes that had plastic still in them that needed to be reamed out.

I just took it back and I am sticking with my KK! I had such high hopes for this set but it didn't work out for me.

I may have just gotten (another) bad one?

I can't wait to see what you make with yours. You are a pro for sure!!
Di&Co Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:57:24 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: NadiaH-McConnell Go to Quoted Post
Thank you the review. I got this for a gift, but the pegs were missing so I had to take them back. I was obsessed and when to a different Michael's to find them in stock.

I had the same experience with the pegs. Just too darn hard to put in. After 10, my fingers were killing me. They should sell gloves with them! hahaha I also had some holes that had plastic still in them that needed to be reamed out.

I just took it back and I am sticking with my KK! I had such high hopes for this set but it didn't work out for me.

I may have just gotten (another) bad one?

I can't wait to see what you make with yours. You are a pro for sure!!

Oh yeah Im a pro! NOT! LOL LOL LOL LOL The knitting on the MS loom is nice and even. What drives me crazy is that I have to keep pushing in loose pegs. I did email PC to see if they were coming out with new looms that the pegs were closer together, no reply yet. I might just have to visit the Dalooms website and order some of their looms, even if they arent adjustable. I also have a rectangular adjustable sock loom that Im not in love with because turning the corners is tricky. Maybe I just need more practice!Crying
Di&Co Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 7:19:50 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Just got a reply back from PC saying that they would forward my suggestion. Maybe if more of us sent emails, maybe they would consider fabricating some new looms with closer pegs.
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
#8 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 3:21:25 PM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Di&Co. Go to Quoted Post
Just got a reply back from PC saying that they would forward my suggestion. Maybe if more of us sent emails, maybe they would consider fabricating some new looms with closer pegs.

OK - I will send an email! I think KK work best with #5 chunky yarn. Would much prefer to use #4 and get similar results! What email addy did you use?
msjesshawk Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 3:33:07 PM(UTC)
msjesshawk

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I would like to add my review on this product as well, I crochet and I find knitting with needles harder to do so I purchased the MS loom kit, thinking this would be so much easier than using 2 needles and as everyone said the pegs do fall out! Either you put them in too tight and shove them in all the way and then they are really hard to remove or they are very loose and fall off while doing a project.

Definitely not something you should carry around because the pegs would fall off and I can't tell which stitch goes where. The instructions are hard to follow in the booklet so the have youtube videos to correspond to each step. Which they should add their youtube channel in the book for references. And yeah, the little knitting tool looks like it's almost gonna fall off or snap off because it's so thin and pulling chunky yarn scared me!

Let's just say I have tried to make 4 scarves and I have not been able to complete a single one.

There's quite a few pros on this product and that's why I still have it so maybe one day, I will get to make one of these scarves. BigGrin
Di&Co Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 5:34:15 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: NadiaH-McConnell Go to Quoted Post
OK - I will send an email! I think KK work best with #5 chunky yarn. Would much prefer to use #4 and get similar results! What email addy did you use?

support@cricut.com

This is the address
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:25:39 AM(UTC)

United States

OK- I just sent it.ThumpUp
janellie Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:40:03 PM(UTC)
janellie

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I love my MS looms. I agree the pegs are hard to pull out. When I put them in, I set the in the loom and then just turn it over and press on them. I haven't had problems with them falling out.
Di&Co Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 6:40:00 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: janellie Go to Quoted Post
I love my MS looms. I agree the pegs are hard to pull out. When I put them in, I set the in the loom and then just turn it over and press on them. I haven't had problems with them falling out.

Then you must be a lucky one! I have tried almost everything to keep the pegs from falling out of my loom. The knitting is beautiful but I still prefer my kk looms.