Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kitten Blackheart Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:44:17 AM(UTC)
Kitten Blackheart

Groups: Registered

I have a 220 screen that didnt burn clearly(my mistake), but when I went to clean it, some of the emulsion won't come off. Is there some trick I can use? I don't want to throw away the screen especially since it's a 220. HELP! ~thanks in advance :)
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:27:14 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Hmmm. Glare I'll ask the easy question, no offense...You did use emulsion remover, right? Next, a screen that has had ink on it will have haze or a shadow. Are you seeing haze? When you hold it up to the light you CAN'T see light through the hole on your screen, right? If you answered Yes, No, No then I would switch emulsion remover. Go to M's and purchase the liquid emulsion box. You get a big bottle of emulsion remover and that stuff works quickly and melts all your emulsion. I spray mine on with a mist setting and have never had it not melt. I might saturate the spot that wasn't melting. I also have the top off a stain remover bottle, like Shout. I scrub on my screens. They are pretty tough, you can really put some pressure on them without worry. Next try a Magic Eraser and see if that helps.

Let me know how that works. For a picture of the liquid emulsion product look at the FAQ's. I have a picture at the bottom of the post.

Good Luck!!

Edited by user Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:31:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Loves2Smock Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 6:44:33 PM(UTC)
Loves2Smock

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Just let the emulsion remover sit on it longer. It will usually dissolve away. What emulsion remover are you using?
Kitten Blackheart Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:37:50 PM(UTC)
Kitten Blackheart

I use white vinegar. This is the first time in a year I've had a problem. I guess I will invest in emulsion remover and see if it works.
Just using vinegar, I have cleaned emulsion off a screen that was burned more than 6 months ago. Maybe because it's a 220 screen its harder to clean out? Thanks for your help!