Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CCAllie-cat Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 11:40:16 AM(UTC)
CCAllie-cat

Groups: Registered

I'm a fairly new cricut bug so learning is the fun part. I have a question on cutting different things. I know pressure and speed are important cutting paper/cardstock but what about heavy cardstock, vinyls, thin leathers, etc., is it important to use a different blade? And how do I know the difference when buying them?

Plus will the deep cut blades fit in the the original machine mechanism?Confused

Edited by user Monday, November 07, 2011 12:35:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 6:07:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CCAllie-cat Go to Quoted Post
I'm a fairly new cricut bug so learning is the fun part. I have a question on cutting different things. I know pressure and speed are important cutting paper/cardstock but what about heavy cardstock, vinyls, thin leathers, etc., is it important to use a different blade? And how do I know the difference when buying them?

Plus will the deep cut blades fit in the the original machine mechanism?Confused

The deep cut blades have their own housing that will insert where your original one goes.

I have never cut anything other than fabric-backed-with-Heat 'n Bond, paper, and contact paper. So, I can't help you there; I have used the original blade for all of those, with different settings.

Bringing back to the top in hopes someone else will interject their experiences.

Char