Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hillary Smith Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 5:48:00 PM(UTC)
Hillary Smith

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Mallory,

I am having issues again. every time i try to cut with ccr it asks me to update my cricut create... i have version 1.61 and it re-updates it to it. i have been going with the flow but tonight it wants to update it to version 1.55 is this correct? it gets stuck at stage 1 updating firmware and not going beyond that! (meaning i haven't even restarted the machine. if i skip the update then when i hit cut my machine doesn't show up at all. I am so frustrated and confused! i love working with ccr but want to actually cut my images!

Hillary
mallorym Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:45:46 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hillary Smith Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mallory,

I am having issues again. every time i try to cut with ccr it asks me to update my cricut create... i have version 1.61 and it re-updates it to it. i have been going with the flow but tonight it wants to update it to version 1.55 is this correct? it gets stuck at stage 1 updating firmware and not going beyond that! (meaning i haven't even restarted the machine. if i skip the update then when i hit cut my machine doesn't show up at all. I am so frustrated and confused! i love working with ccr but want to actually cut my images!

Hillary

Is it asking you to update to 1.55 or 1.54? We've had several users reporting problems updating to 1.61, so we made a change in Craft Room so that it only requires you to have 1.54. It sounds like Craft Room is having difficulty detecting the firmware on your machine, so it asks you to update to the minimum firmware of 1.54. We are currently reviewing the machine update process to resolve some of these problems. In the meantime, you could try installing firmware 1.54 using Cricut Design Studio or Gypsy and see if that helps. Instructions on how to do this are in post #34 in this thread.

Mallory
Hillary Smith Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:54:27 PM(UTC)
Hillary Smith

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
oh how i wish i could update using design studio or a gypsy. however i cannot use design studio because i have a mac laptop and sadly do not own a gypsy. please let me know if there is anything else i can do. It has always said it could not detect my firmware after i updated the first time. it has asked me to update again and ran through the process quickly. i have 1.61 on my cricut right now. i am very saddened by the fact that i cannot use ccr right now. thank you for your reply.

Hillary
Lissa Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 11:36:08 PM(UTC)
Lissa

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 115 post(s)
It still doesn't work with Design Studio, at least it didn't for me.
Delia Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:53:04 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hillary Smith Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mallory,

Hillary

It Happened to me to..wouldn't update my expression with craftroom..just froze..somewhere i was reading to try your gypsy or design studio...I tried gypsy and it worked..I was thrilled..thought my expression was broke..