Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Pooky225 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:20:06 PM(UTC)
Pooky225

Groups: Registered

I was wanting to cut some stuff tonight and it said i needed to update firmware so i tried, its stuck on part 3 and i have a full green bar but its been an hour now and its not doing anything, its like its frozen. I did everything correctly and its just stuck there. It says on the box if its interrupted my cricut might not work properly,if this is the case i am going to be very VERY upset with provo craft, anyone with any suggestions on what i should do??
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 11:32:37 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7615 time(s) in 4462 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pooky225 Go to Quoted Post
I was wanting to cut some stuff tonight and it said i needed to update firmware so i tried, its stuck on part 3 and i have a full green bar but its been an hour now and its not doing anything, its like its frozen. I did everything correctly and its just stuck there. It says on the box if its interrupted my cricut might not work properly,if this is the case i am going to be very VERY upset with provo craft, anyone with any suggestions on what i should do??

I have had things "stop" or get "stuck" in the middle. Usually, when that happens, I get out of whatever I'm doing and start over again. Sometimes, I think there's a glitch in the programs (maybe there's a power surge somewhere and/or even a power surge in our home) and things get mixed up. Don't know what I'm talking about, really. BUT, usually, when I start over, everything goes through just fine.

I doubt the interruption will ruin your machine; I think they just say that like they do with all of our prescriptions (the contraindications of all of them). They try to cover everything when most of the time there's not a problem.

Hope it didn't hurt anything in your case.

Char

Edited by user Monday, October 17, 2011 3:28:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

denise dunne Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:43:13 PM(UTC)
denise dunne

Angry I have tried updating the firmware twice. I go through steps 1 and 2 fine, and it gets stuck on 3. I actually went to work, and came back and it was still on step 3 with the green bar still active.

Tried it again tonight and the same thing.

This is the first problem I have had with the CCR and I am so bummed right now.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 8:42:21 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Denise - I'm positive you're doing this, but I am only mentioning it in case you haven't and maybe it will help.

When you're trying to do the updating, do you have all other programs on your computer closed?

If not, try that. Also, clean out your browsing history on your internet by going up to TOOLS/delete browsing history and put a checkmark by everything there. All this does is get rid of stuff you've researched/been in on the internet. The next time you go to those sites, it may take a minute or two longer for them to come up on your screen, but it's worth it to keep this cleaned out most of the time. MOST OF THE THINGS WE LOOK AT WE DON'T NEED FOR A WHILE, ANYWAY, SO IT DOESN'T HURT TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR THE SITES TO COME BACK UP WHEN WE NEED THEM. IF WE ONLY LOOK AT SOMETHING ONCE A MONTH, WE'RE MAKING OUR COMPUTERS LOAD THAT SITE IN EVERYTIME WE COME BACK ON OUR COMPUTER, IF WE DON'T CLEAN IT OUT.

After you have done that, boot your computer down and let it boot back up fresh.

Maybe this will help? Sorry if it doesn't or if you've already tried it. Just trying to interject something that might help.

Char
mallorym Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:56:35 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Check out post #34 in this thread. I think it will answer your questions. If you still have questions...let me know!

Mallory
Cynthia V Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:05:41 AM(UTC)
Cynthia V

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post
Check out post #34 in this thread. I think it will answer your questions. If you still have questions...let me know!

Mallory

Hi, my cricut E's fw is 2.34 and I still can't cut with CCR. Every time I try to cut I get a message saying I need to upgrade my Cricut's fw. Is there an older version of CCR I need to install?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:06:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:18:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CynthiaVillcas Go to Quoted Post
Hi, my cricut E's fw is 2.34 and I still can't cut with CCR. Every time I try to cut I get a message saying I need to upgrade my Cricut's fw. Is there an older version of CCR I need to install?

Cynthia -

First, I would try to install the V2.43 from the trial install of CDS on the cricut.com website. Before you go to do that, be sure you have the machine hooked up to your computer's tower/hard drive. The way I got the firmware updated on my E (I had never updated my E from buying it in 2008 to now) was to install the trial version of CDS. There might be another link to update the firmware on the cricut.com site. I'll try to find that and come back here if I see it.

THEN, if it didn't update from there:

Have you tried cleaning out your cookies in your browser and DELETING everything in CCR (go to Control Panel and select CCR and Adobe Air and uninstall) and reinstalling everything? Sorry if you've done this and told us before; couldn't remember. After you clean out the cookies, I would boot down, plug in the machine you want to CUT with before you boot up again and reinstall everything from cricut.com in the Craft Room.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with CCR.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Cynthia V on 10/22/2011(UTC)
Cynthia V Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:44:34 PM(UTC)
Cynthia V

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Cynthia -

First, I would try to install the V2.43 from the trial install of CDS on the cricut.com website. Before you go to do that, be sure you have the machine hooked up to your computer's tower/hard drive. The way I got the firmware updated on my E (I had never updated my E from buying it in 2008 to now) was to install the trial version of CDS. There might be another link to update the firmware on the cricut.com site. I'll try to find that and come back here if I see it.

THEN, if it didn't update from there:

Have you tried cleaning out your cookies in your browser and DELETING everything in CCR (go to Control Panel and select CCR and Adobe Air and uninstall) and reinstalling everything? Sorry if you've done this and told us before; couldn't remember. After you clean out the cookies, I would boot down, plug in the machine you want to CUT with before you boot up again and reinstall everything from cricut.com in the Craft Room.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with CCR.

Char

Char,

I tried to upgrade using CCR and it got stuck on part 3. I cleared my cookies and reset Safary, restarted my computer and did everything else I could think of... and no luck.
To make things worse, I can't use CDS since I'm a Mac user... :(

I appreciate your help ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:46:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Cynthia V for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/20/2011(UTC)
WendiShier Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:23:18 PM(UTC)
WendiShier

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I went through the exact same thing. Went around and around with customer service and trying it on my own. A light bulb went off and I turned off my firewall and it went through slick as could be. I still get prompted every time I log back on but I go though the update process and it's successful. It's a minor hassle but at least it works...Oh. and you don't have to turn off your firewall after the original install. It just seems to have to go through the motions. Hope this helps
 2 users thanked WendiShier for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/20/2011(UTC), Cynthia V on 10/22/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: WendiShier Go to Quoted Post
I went through the exact same thing. Went around and around with customer service and trying it on my own. A light bulb went off and I turned off my firewall and it went through slick as could be. I still get prompted every time I log back on but I go though the update process and it's successful. It's a minor hassle but at least it works...Oh. and you don't have to turn off your firewall after the original install. It just seems to have to go through the motions. Hope this helps

Cynthia - Did you try this? Glad it worked for you, Wendi!

Char
Cynthia V Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 12:20:35 PM(UTC)
Cynthia V

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Cynthia - Did you try this? Glad it worked for you, Wendi!

Char

To my surprise my firewall was turned off this whole time... lol
What could it be? Sad
GypsyBoricua Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 12:37:52 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 368 post(s)
When I was having problems with CCR and Sync, I found out it was my Adobe Air that was causing the problem. I went back to the previous version (2.7) and it worked. I have not updated by AdobeAir even when it asks for fear that I will have problems again.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Cynthia V Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:51:08 PM(UTC)
Cynthia V

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
When I was having problems with CCR and Sync, I found out it was my Adobe Air that was causing the problem. I went back to the previous version (2.7) and it worked. I have not updated by AdobeAir even when it asks for fear that I will have problems again.

I think this might be it. Now that I think about I did update my Adobe Air right before I tried to do the upgrade Blushing How do downgrade Adobe Air? Thank you so much everyone for all your help :)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:34:05 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

You remove you current Adobe Air by deleting it through your control panel, remove software. It should read as 3.0.....

Remove your Adobe air 3.0 and then go to:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html

Download the 2.7 for your platform and install it.

I think CCR is down right down, but this solved my problem last week.
Cynthia V Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:39:50 PM(UTC)
Cynthia V

*sigh* So, I uninstalled Adobe air and installed adobe air 2.7 (I had adobe air 3.0) and CCR wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
When I click log in ( after I"ve entered my username and pw) I get this error message "Service Error: [object Object]"... Please help! Firewall is turned off...
Cemella Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:44:31 PM(UTC)
Cemella

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I'm getting the same error. Earlier I thought I was having problems because I was at my son's but, I'm home and I get the Server Error popup.
 1 user thanked Cemella for this useful post.
Cynthia V Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:52:31 PM(UTC)
Cynthia V

Originally Posted by: Cemella Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting the same error. Earlier I thought I was having problems because I was at my son's but, I'm home and I get the Server Error popup.

I feel a little better to know it had nothing to do with me playing around with adobe air. It's probably down and it will come back up soon.

Thank you for the infoBigGrin
GypsyBoricua Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:55:00 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

The server is down, that's what "service error" usually means. Whether it crashed or they are doing maintenance, I don't know, but it is most definitely down. Why this happens on weekends, I don't know. It seems to me that they should do their new builds/upgrades on Mondays, so that if it crashs/goes down it doesn't take 72 hours for them to do something about it. I say 72 hours because you have to give them a day to figure out what is wrong.

Just my opinion!