Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NikkiTsangaris Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 12:22:15 PM(UTC)
NikkiTsangaris

Groups: Registered

Hello, everyone! I just purchased my Cricut Imagine and am having a blast! Does anyone know how to use an Imagine cartridge to print out a 12x12 inch piece of paper using one of the pattern options? I suspect that only certain Imagine cartridges have this capacity, but I am not certain.

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Nikki
Indianapolis, IN Laugh
greengirl (Michele) Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 1:23:54 PM(UTC)
greengirl (Michele)

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 889 post(s)
Hi! Welcome! When you are on the menu screen of the Imagine, either right when you turn it on or press the Menu button on the left of the screen, there is an icon that says print sheets or something similar. It's the top right one. Then you choose the pattern you want and the amount of overspray you want (I stick with medium). Sorry I don't have my Imagine in front of me so I may not be getting the terms exactly right. Load your paper and it prints! Let it sit for just a minute before you touch the paper so the ink dries. (Not a long time, just a tiny bit)

All the Imagine carts will have this capability with the patterns that are loaded on it. Some carts are even just strictly patterns!

For future reference, you may get faster responses if you post in the Cricut Chat area of the message board. That's where most people go and hang out. Otherwise if it's a machine specific question like this one, you could post it in the forum for that machine, Imagine, Expression, etc.

Again, welcome and have fun playing! Can't wait to see what you create!
 1 user thanked greengirl (Michele) for this useful post.
Emerald on 5/23/2011(UTC)
NikkiTsangaris Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:22:15 AM(UTC)
NikkiTsangaris

Thank you, Greengirl! I will give this a try when I get home. Off hand, however, I cannot picture the feature you are describing. I am at school now, but eager to get home to my Imagine to try this out!

Take care,
Nikki
NikkiTsangaris Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:22:33 PM(UTC)
NikkiTsangaris

Hi, again, Greengirl! I am home now and at my Imagine. When I turn on my machine, the menu screen comes on eventually, and it has 3 icons on it: print & cut, settings, and about. I see nothing that says "print sheets" or anything even close to that. Can you help? Also, do you suppose that the Imagine cartridge(s) that I happen to own do not allow for printing out 12x12 patterned sheets of paper? Perhaps a different cartridge would show the options that you described.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Nikki
greengirl (Michele) Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:22:44 PM(UTC)
greengirl (Michele)

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 889 post(s)
Hi Nikki,

If you only have three icons, then you haven't updated your Imagine. The printing option came later after the machine originally came out. If you do the update, you will get that new button.

Every Imagine cart has printable pages.
NikkiTsangaris Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 4:59:42 AM(UTC)
NikkiTsangaris

Hi! Yes, I figured that out a couple of days ago, and I downloaded the update. I am now able to print 12x12 sheets of patterned paper beautifully.

Thanks for your help.

Nikki :)