Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MoBeans Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 2:43:59 PM(UTC)
MoBeans

Groups: Registered

I just purchased the Dreams Come True cartridge, got an unbelievable deal on it at Joanns...my daughter will be doing Cinderella as her high school musical this year and I want to give her a scrapbook of cast and crew/show pics when it's all done....but I have no idea how LAYERING works....I've been playing a little bit, but not having much luck. The book has not been very helpful. I have had my Cricut for a long time, but have not had time to scrap in a couple of years! I really want to make use of this great cartridge with the Cinderella stuff, but I'm lost! Thank you in advance for any help!
enolamom Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 8:30:52 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I recently needed to layer my first piece from Create a Critter. Someone on the boards suggested going to youtube. I typed in Cricut Create a Critter, and the videos that related to that cartridge were listed. I found exactly what I wanted. In fact there were several for the cut I wanted to do off of that cart. The one I chose was a video of every layer I needed to cut and how it all went together. Maybe you can find something similar for your project. Good luck. I'm sure your daugher will love it.
Love2Diecut Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:56:58 PM(UTC)
Love2Diecut

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Another tip I picked up is when u cut all the layers, leave them on the paper until ready to use that way we dont loose them and it is easier to tell where they need to go.
LaGeorgiaPaperie Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:15:33 PM(UTC)
LaGeorgiaPaperie

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Cut the image as big as possible, it will make the actual art of piecing so much easier! I know the pictures are small, but especially with the Disney carts, they are super helpful when trying to put all the layers together. Also, the black borders are supposed to show on these because they are cartoons, so don't try and cover them all up! Here is a card I made for my dad after my wedding (we danced to Beauty and the Beast as it was our favorite movie to watch together when I was younger!)
LaGeorgiaPaperie attached the following image(s):
IMG_3016.JPG
BethMarohn Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:44:43 PM(UTC)
BethMarohn

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 107 post(s)
There are only 2 layers to these, so they're really not too difficult. The hardest part is making out the images in the booklets.

First, select the "Main" cut, by this I mean the image you see as the booklet example to the left side of the page & it will usually be the image that's on the keypad. Do not select this with the Shadow setting. When you cut the main cut, this will be your base & it will have slight cut marks on it to indicate where the layer pieces should go, like a puzzle in a way.

Do not change your size on the dial once you figure out the size you want your design to be. All the other pieces will cut at the appropriate size to fit (as long as you don't have "Real Dial Size" on) so you don't need to figure out what size to cut all the pieces out at.

I hope this is as clear as mud, however ... I hate to break it to you but, Cinderella & other characters are on the Happily Ever After cartridge.