Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Chantel Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:41:59 AM(UTC)
Chantel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi everyone
Just an opinion question.
I have my gypsy and think its great but lately I've been playing with the trial DS and seems I can do a few things easier there then with gypsy (and vice versa of course).
So question, how many of you have both? Do you use both equally? Do you use one more than another and why?
Thanks
Chantel
JeanneLee Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:50:17 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I have both, but I find because the G is portable and my PC isn't it works better for me.
Southernbellescrapper Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:33:11 AM(UTC)
Southernbellescrapper

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 133 post(s)
I downloaded the trial version of DS when it came out...hated it. Then, I tried to play with it on a friends computer who had purchased it...again, hated it. I don't know why, but I have the hardest time working with the DS. My brain just seems to cut off when I try. LOL. So I would not purchase it for myself. I have another program similar to it that I adore though. I don't think we are allowed to mention any names though, so I will not.

However, my Gypsy is FABULOUS! I love that thing! It's so easy to use and I love the fact that I don't have to have my computer. I can design on the go and usually design so quickly. It's just so user friendly to me. So the Gypsy is the hands down winner for me. I do see lots of awesome things designed with DS and am in awe, but it's just not for me.BigGrin
cricaholic Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:50:42 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Huh I would WAIT on the DS.
From what I have read the new Imagine won't accept the "old" DS. Yet, PC is working on it! Working on what? If the OLD DS is too outdated for the NEW IMAGINE.... they have to be working on a NEW DS!!! Theres been rumors of a NEW DS for over a year now and now that the NEW IMAGINE is out.... I think thats what they are working on.....Besides, Have you watched the videos of MB members unpacking their Imagine......It includes a very long cable cord to connect to the computer....hhhuuummmm...Unsure
joyfullycrafting Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:36:03 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
I have both. The last time I used DS was because the Gypsy did not have hide contour yet, and I really needed that feature. Call my lazy, but is just too much work to disconnect my laptop and haul it into another room and hook it up to my E. My Gypsy is just too easy and portable! BigGrin
DeniseFournier1 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:57:51 AM(UTC)
DeniseFournier1

I also have both, but I love my gypsy better because it's portible. I take it everywhere with me and while I'm waiting I can design anything with it and then get home and cut. You can't do that with the DS.