Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Moxy77 Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:07:16 AM(UTC)
Moxy77

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 382 time(s) in 280 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
"Those who are willing to buy right now are LOVING what it has to offer right now."

Please, Char, this is simply not true. I can speak for myself and my crafty friends, we purchased this machine because there were no real life people demoing or reviewing the machine. We wanted to see what it can do in real life. With all due respect, please don't speak for me..... Thank you.

ETA: If I like the X and if it performs as promised, I keep it. If the X doesn't perform as promised, it goes back. I don't LOVE anything I have never seen.

ETA2: To be honest, I have no idea what I bought. The blog Paulette has shared has just given me some real reason to be optimistic, but I am still in in wait and see mode.

I wouldn't get to excited about this gal's post. Her #5 reason " Cut Wirelessly AND From Your iPad: This is HUGE!!! While these treasures are not available quite yet, all of the machines have a port for a wireless adaptor (it will be around $50). Cricut has also developed an app for Design Space so that you can create exactly like you would on your desktop on your iPad. This is the great thing about having a web based software, all of the updates are automatic and the app will be free to use."
This it completely wrong and misleading. You would think that she would have her facts straight since she is one of the bloggers that has been hired by Provo Craft to design make it now projects and she has been flown to Cricut headquaters and worked with the software and machine numerous times. She even "pinkie promises" with Ashish (Sorry I don't know how to spell his name). There is not, nada,none, creating/designing on your Ipad (or any other tablet) like you can do on your desktop. That is just not true. Melissa

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:08:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: format error

TracyJacobsen Offline
#92 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 5:33:56 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
You are right, I am wrong, mea culpa. I will no longer comment on your posts for all to see how credible and unbiased you are.

Oh, scrapalette - and everyone else - can still be biased, but in the case of the units shipped it was announced on TV. Flapper
 2 users thanked TracyJacobsen for this useful post.
scrapalette on 2/15/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#93 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:39:25 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1606 time(s) in 732 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Why include it in the SPECIFICATIONS then?

Char

What are the computer and internet requirements?
The Cricut Craft Room® design software is compatible with both Windows® and Mac® operating systems and requires a high-speed internet connection. Make sure your computer and internet connection meet these minimum requirements:
Windows® OS
Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
512 Mb of RAM (1 Gb recommended)
Available USB Port
Mac OS
Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83 GHz or faster processor
Mac OS X v10.5 or later
Available USB Port
Display
Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Software
Internet Explorer® 9.0, Firefox®, Safari®
Adobe® Flash® 10.3 and up
Adobe® AIR® 2.7 and up
You will also need a USB A/B cable to connect your Cricut® machine to your computer.

Above is from the CCR FAQ... 3 browsers are listed:
http://uk.cricut.com/intl/craftroom

On my ipad..... Not sure if this will post correctly.... This mb is not very ipad friendly!
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#94 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:43:44 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1606 time(s) in 732 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Moxy77 Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't get to excited about this gal's post. Her #5 reason " Cut Wirelessly AND From Your iPad: This is HUGE!!! While these treasures are not available quite yet, all of the machines have a port for a wireless adaptor (it will be around $50). Cricut has also developed an app for Design Space so that you can create exactly like you would on your desktop on your iPad. This is the great thing about having a web based software, all of the updates are automatic and the app will be free to use."
This it completely wrong and misleading. You would think that she would have her facts straight since she is one of the bloggers that has been hired by Provo Craft to design make it now projects and she has been flown to Cricut headquaters and worked with the software and machine numerous times. She even "pinkie promises" with Ashish (Sorry I don't know how to spell his name). There is not, nada,none, creating/designing on your Ipad (or any other tablet) like you can do on your desktop. That is just not true. Melissa

I saw that..... Hence, wait and see mode...... Thanks for pointing that out, Moxxy. I am not sure why she said create on ipad exactly as you would on your desktop. PC has stated the iOS app is for "make it now projects"..... Has this changed?

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:48:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

maria2193 Offline
#95 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:09:45 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TracyJacobsen Go to Quoted Post
No, your question was "the cut, write and score, is this available immediately". WRITE and PRINT are different words.
WRITE means the pen writing/drawing.
PRINT has been used both as the pen drawing or as printing a full page like a normal printer (laser, ink jet) which is causing confusion.

The controversy is mostly about figuring out the terminology and settling in on consistent words.

"Print and cut" has widely been used to mean printing something with a printer and then cutting it with a cutter. PC has now coined the term "print then cut" (which I'd never seen before).

Because the Explore has dual heads it can "print" (really draw or write) and cut at the same time.

The Explore also has a sensor built into it to detect registration marks like the SC. But this sensor will not be enabled until sometime in the future. So "print then cut" or the typical term "print and cut" does not work out of the box.

Tracy, so sorry I missed this! I highlighted what you wrote, because I am a bit confused. I know that they are spelled differently, but what I can't figure out is what the difference is, as it is highlighted. Usually when I write my name I either sign it or print it. As far as a printer, I own one, I'm no expert, but I kinda know what it does. So, sorry if in the "Explore" world I don't know the right terminology, I don't own the machine, so yes there is a lot to be confused about it. So, if I am missing something, please feel free to fill me in!

Thank you!!
MariaSmile
CricketCMV Offline
#96 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:55:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7585 time(s) in 4441 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
What are the computer and internet requirements?
The Cricut Craft Room® design software is compatible with both Windows® and Mac® operating systems and requires a high-speed internet connection. Make sure your computer and internet connection meet these minimum requirements:
Windows® OS
Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
Available USB Port
Mac OS
Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83 GHz or faster processor
Mac OS X v10.5 or later
Available USB Port
Display
Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Software
Internet Explorer® 9.0, Firefox®, Safari®
Adobe® Flash® 10.3 and up
Adobe® AIR® 2.7 and up
You will also need a USB A/B cable to connect your Cricut® machine to your computer.

Above is from the CCR FAQ... 3 browsers are listed:
http://uk.cricut.com/intl/craftroom

On my ipad..... Not sure if this will post correctly.... This mb is not very ipad friendly!

I'm not sure when they added FIREFOX and SAFARI (Firefox might come from IE, anyway...not sure); because for a LONG time they only showed Internet Explorer as the preferred browser. (Maybe you have a date when these got added....I hope you do)!

I'm glad they added the others; I'm sure they could probably add more.

Thanks for the information.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:57:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jillieneIsaacs Offline
#97 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:10:05 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Moxy77 Go to Quoted Post

I'm am a little confused because there are several snarky debates and a couple how-to conversations going on at the same time, but the one I am chiming in on is the quote above. I am not being snarky in any way - I'm just uninformed.

I found the referenced blog post to be really exciting so I am a little disappointed about the highlighted point of clarification because it does discredit the blogger a bit. I am interested in knowing if she is spitting out inaccurate information and praise. Is it possible that she is correct and the app will apply to make-it-now projects and allow for designing? I am not being sarcastic, I am truly curious (and hopeful). How do we know it is a "make-it-now" app only? I haven't read the statement from Provocraft except from paraphrasing and exerts on this thread. I'd like to know where I can read or hear the PC statements that limit the app to just make it now. Not b/c a full function tablet app is critical for me, but because I was really impressed with the bloggers overview and switch from the competition to Cricut. If she doesn't have a handle on the features she is writing about I want to know. My hope is that perhaps she is referring to a function of the app that will be released down the road and is not referencing the app that is due in the next few months. Someone educate me.
scrapalette Offline
#98 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:16:34 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jillieneIsaacs Go to Quoted Post
I'm am a little confused because there are several snarky debates and a couple how-to conversations going on at the same time, but the one I am chiming in on is the quote above. I am not being snarky in any way - I'm just uninformed.

I found the referenced blog post to be really exciting so I am a little disappointed about the highlighted point of clarification because it does discredit the blogger a bit. I am interested in knowing if she is spitting out inaccurate information and praise. Is it possible that she is correct and the app will apply to make-it-now projects and allow for designing? I am not being sarcastic, I am truly curious (and hopeful). How do we know it is a "make-it-now" app only? I haven't read the statement from Provocraft except from paraphrasing and exerts on this thread. I'd like to know where I can read or hear the PC statements that limit the app to just make it now. Not b/c a full function tablet app is critical for me, but because I was really impressed with the bloggers overview and switch from the competition to Cricut. If she doesn't have a handle on the features she is writing about I want to know. My hope is that perhaps she is referring to a function of the app that will be released down the road and is not referencing the app that is due in the next few months. Someone educate me.

I think that blogger knows more than PC has officially released. There is a post, somewhere in some of these threads, where CricutGena stated the app will focus on the Make it Now projects when released. Some are convinced that means the app is only for the Make it Now projects. I don't know. I've seen more than one blogger mention the design capabilities.
scrapalette Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:22:02 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! We will be introducing our Cricut Design Space mobile app focused on Make it Now projects in Q2 2014. We will continue to expand the features included in the app over time.

-Cricut Gena

From this thread:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...st162973_I-pad-only.aspx
Granny510 Offline
#100 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:31:32 AM(UTC)
Granny510

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I love Cricut, especially the Cricut Expression 2. I just bought another one before Christmas and before I heard about the new Explorer.Mad
I do intend to buy the Explorer in the future. One major question that I have is what happens to my cartridges that are linked to the Gypsy? The second question, is if the Explorer will develop into a Wi-Fi unit like the Expression did. I would prefer that because I am old fashioned and only have a desk top PC.
I will be totally surprised if there are not problems with this first launch. Remember how bad it was with the Expression 2?Crying
MaryScraps Offline
#101 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:46:24 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Granny510 Go to Quoted Post
I love Cricut, especially the Cricut Expression 2. I just bought another one before Christmas and before I heard about the new Explorer.Mad
I do intend to buy the Explorer in the future. One major question that I have is what happens to my cartridges that are linked to the Gypsy? The second question, is if the Explorer will develop into a Wi-Fi unit like the Expression did. I would prefer that because I am old fashioned and only have a desk top PC.
I will be totally surprised if there are not problems with this first launch. Remember how bad it was with the Expression 2?Crying

Your cartridges that are linked to the gypsy need to be uploaded in CCR.
There is already problems with this launch.
People ordered it including me. We don't even know if we are getting the Explore.
HSN told me that if I don't receive it by March 12 they are cancelling my order.
Someone else was told by HSN that PC never shipped the Explore to HSN yet.
I'm so upset. HSN has been cold and indifferent when you call about your order.
We've heard nothing from PC as far as if the machines are going to get to HSN.
I personally don't care where HSN warehouses are located.
When I purchased the Explore it was in Stock. Now they are sold out.
Then I hear no PC never shipped them. IDK what to believe.
I was excited to purchase the Explore and now I'm upset because IDK if I'm even going to get it.
This is suppose to be my Birthday present.
So there are problems already.
Crafting grandma Offline
#102 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:14:58 AM(UTC)
Crafting grandma

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 64 post(s)
I ordered one and was told it would receive it by March 18. I have not received any emails and when I called HSN to confirm (after I read posts on this MB) they were very kind and helpful and I still have a receive date of March 18.
 3 users thanked Crafting grandma for this useful post.
blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/17/2014(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 2/20/2014(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#103 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:41:43 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Granny510 Go to Quoted Post

I agree with you Granny, waiting to purchase one possibly in the future, I will be waiting hear and see tutorials on what it can do to it's fullest capacity, then and only then will I make my decision... which I is what I always do anyways. Let's just say, curiosity has definitely gotten the best of me, lol. I'm hoping it all works out, even though I did cave and got "the other machine" this past Christmas, I still haven't used it as of yet. So we will see what the future will bring, fingers crossed!!!

MariaSmile