Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Online
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7553 time(s) in 4425 post(s)
I find I LOVE to experiment with all the various cuts on the cartridges and try to find DIFFERENT things to do than is usually done.....as many of you know, I LIKE FUNKY stuff.

E.g., I made one of the Holiday Cards that are being made available to us for FREE in CCR for 50 days.

Here's the thing. The card I'm showing here is really lame....to me. I already have plans to CHANGE it....to, I hope, make it BETTER than lame. I really don't like it.

Today, there's a new card....#14....that I have already cut out; I cut the reindeer on a paper that is snow-laden, but it also has a pine cone that has drooped on the pine tree. Wouldn't you know, without thinking, I used markers to place the deer in the snow, but ALAS, the deer is standing on a limb of the tree! LOL. Well, I'm trying to come up with a way to make it look like that deer is standing on the ground at the bottom corner of the card. I have some ideas.

So, here's the PEACE AND JOY card I don't like. Later, I'll post the new and IMPROVED card and you can judge for yourselves whether or not it is BETTER!

Back to the topic.....I do tend to have more fun experimenting with the different papers and images and often find I have to redo things because I didn't do them right in the first place. When I finally get something that I really like, I tend to hoard it for a year or two before I actually get up enough nerve to give it out to someone else. Even at that, I find myself adding another touch or two to make it even BETTER! (IMHO, anyway)!

Char

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:32:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
DSCN5786.JPG
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
jenny_dennis on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:41:18 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Char,

That's a lovely card you did a great job. Now I'm curious to see how might improve on it. Also, I think it's great that you put your own spin on cardsThumpUp. Isn't that what crafting is all about, creating something and sharing your work(s)of art? Wink

Best, Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/14/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:41:47 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Nice creativeness. I like to experiment and mix and match my carts and images. I only have 45 carts and I make lots of different images with them. I have been making cards for a box set for a gift and I have designed 45 different cards using only the 5 carts I have and some of the free ones that we get every week. I took the let it snow card, cut out 2 copies and then cut out a rectangle in frosty white vellum and sandwiched them together but i only sandwiched the fronts together so that there is 2 pages. on the inside first page I am putting snow flakes on it.

I will post them when I get all done with them. I will have 78 total cards.
 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
jenny_dennis Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:05:14 PM(UTC)
jenny_dennis

Was thanked: 12289 time(s) in 3017 post(s)
I LOVE TO experiment to I think it just makes life more funFlapper

Char your new card sounds wonderful but I think this one is great to, Do you know what you don't like? Cuz I'm liking it!
 1 user thanked jenny_dennis for this useful post.
CricketCMV Online
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:23:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Char,

That's a lovely card you did a great job. Now I'm curious to see how might improve on it. Also, I think it's great that you put your own spin on cardsThumpUp. Isn't that what crafting is all about, creating something and sharing your work(s)of art? Wink

Best, Mary R.

I guess we all do put our own "spins" on them....that's why every darned one of them is different from all the others! Maybe I should say, more simply, "I LOVE FUNKY" stuff! LOL.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think you might have to agree it's better than it was. I'm a little more happy with it....but, I'm not ecstatic about it!

Char
CricketCMV Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:25:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: dorichatelain44314a80 Go to Quoted Post
Nice creativeness. I like to experiment and mix and match my carts and images. I only have 45 carts and I make lots of different images with them. I have been making cards for a box set for a gift and I have designed 45 different cards using only the 5 carts I have and some of the free ones that we get every week. I took the let it snow card, cut out 2 copies and then cut out a rectangle in frosty white vellum and sandwiched them together but i only sandwiched the fronts together so that there is 2 pages. on the inside first page I am putting snow flakes on it.

I will post them when I get all done with them. I will have 78 total cards.

Thanks, Dori.....can't wait to see your cards. I have been cutting out two of a lot of the freebies, too and trying to make them work together. I used markers on some, cutouts of the original card on others and trying to mesh them together. It's not that easy to do it tastefully and so you feel good about it!

Okay....want to see yours; it sounds very interesting what you're doing with these cuts!

Char
CricketCMV Online
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:27:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: jennydennis Go to Quoted Post
I LOVE TO experiment to I think it just makes life more funFlapper

Char your new card sounds wonderful but I think this one is great to, Do you know what you don't like? Cuz I'm liking it!

There's just something about it, Jenny, that hits me wrong. I think it might be all the circles and maybe I just needed to downplay them a little by not using markers? Not sure what's wrong....maybe I'm not all that crazy about the cut.

I do like it better, now, though. We'll see what you all think.

Thanks for liking it "as is"!

Char
jenny_dennis on 11/15/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:29:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Here's the before and after and a few other "before" cards I've been trying to finish, but I can't get past the second steps! LOL.

On the 3rd card showing, I do like the metallic paints I used for the Holly. I also LOVE the silver that I think I'll be using under the PEACE AND JOY wording on the last card.

Okay....here we go! Is it better, in your estimation?

Char
DSCN5786.JPG
DSCN5789.JPG
DSCN5790.JPG
DSCN5792.JPG
Sherri Kay Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:46:37 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2304 time(s) in 2062 post(s)
I think your card is beautiful, Char! I also love the variations you did of it! Love
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/15/2013(UTC)
jenny_dennis Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 5:35:18 AM(UTC)
jenny_dennis

OH NO!!! decisions , decisions LOL First they are all BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I will say if you make me pick one it's going to be #2 only because the colors seem a little more vibrant (you know how I Love my vibrant color) but they are all wonderfulBigGrin TFS them!
CricketCMV Online
#11 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:03:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

LOL....well, Jenny, the first two are one and the same. I apologize. I took the first picture in the dark......but, then when I finished that first card, I took the second one showing here with the lights on! Don't ask me why I did that; I just did. I thought it was a little odd they looked so different!!

The card, in actuality, is as dark as the first picture, though! Isn't that funny?

The third and fourth cards showing aren't finished, as yet....but, I did work on them today. I'm hoping to take time tomorrow to post them; don't know if I'll have time, though.

Thanks Sherri Kay and everyone who has commented; I do appreciate the feedback...good or bad!

Char
jenny_dennis Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:18:52 PM(UTC)
jenny_dennis

LOL LOL Well leave it to goofy meFlapper I knew they were the same I just though the background paper was a different color. I will do that a lot have something laid out and think "I don't like this" then change the background color and love it still laid out the same, still like them all even the optical illusion one LOL
MaryStillman Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:30:58 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1208 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Here's the before and after and a few other "before" cards I've been trying to finish, but I can't get past the second steps! LOL.

On the 3rd card showing, I do like the metallic paints I used for the Holly. I also LOVE the silver that I think I'll be using under the PEACE AND JOY wording on the last card.

Okay....here we go! Is it better, in your estimation?

Char

Char, I think your "final" is the best. It's very professional and almost vintage looking. Love the gradient look to Peace.

TFS

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricketCMV Online
#14 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
Char, I think your "final" is the best. It's very professional and almost vintage looking. Love the gradient look to Peace.

TFS

Mary

Mary...I guess I didn't show it on here, but I used the same 12X12" paper for the card itself AND for the colors I put underneath the cutouts. Here's the paper.

I'm thinking I'll incorporate the snowman (hanging) on the inside of the card, but I haven't made that FINAL decision, as yet. Hope to work on the insides of my cards this weekend.

Char

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2013 9:33:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DSCN5788.JPG
jenny_dennis on 11/16/2013(UTC)