Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jscraftylady Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 10:04:01 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2017 time(s) in 1097 post(s)
I really want CCR to work well, but it just doesn't. It is sooooo slow and glitchy. I have a super fast, super powerful computer (I run AVID products for goodness' sake) so I know the issues are on their end. I used it to finish up my Halloween cards and it took FOREVER. The blade went down, cut, cut, back up, circle spun on the screen, back down, cut, cut, back up. For the whole page.

I keep coming back hoping it will be better and I keep giving up and going back to my G or the competitor. I like using my computer to design but I don't have half a day for something to cut.Glare

ETA: Forgot the wasted time when it shut down completely and I had to go back into the program. But I must commend the Mini for its extremely detailed, smooth cuts.

Edited by user Monday, October 21, 2013 10:05:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 10/22/2013(UTC)
Soo Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 10:33:35 AM(UTC)
Soo

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 96 post(s)
It's too bad you're having problems. I know it's no help to you - but I don't have any of those problems when I'm using it. I design loads of mats, cut them all quickly and efficiently pretty much every time. Have you spoken to Customer Services to see if they can advise anything??

Hope whatever it is gets sorted for you!
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/21/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 2:43:17 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I was having problems with CCR and I called customer service and they helped me. They do a screen sharing thing and they actually go into you CCR and Cricut settings and set them for you. After they did that my CCR and cricut worked great together. But I had to send my cricut back for it had issues of its own.... I am waiting for the new one to come.

CricketCMV Online
#4 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 7:52:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
I, like Soo, have had literally NO problems in CCR since it began in BETA.

Sorry some of you have so many problems.

Char
MiaTNYC Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 8:33:57 PM(UTC)
MiaTNYC

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Any chance you are running Norton in the background? I just came back to my Cricut after a few years and I thought I'd go crazy trying to get CCR running, getting my Gypsy updated, getting my Expression and Cricut Cake machines current; everything I tried was as painful as pulling teeth. I too am running a current version of Avid on my laptop, but I couldn't understand why everything Cricut was hanging and not responding. Until on a whim, I stopped Norton from scanning any of the Cricut program folders. Now my Gypsy and CCR see the same cartridges, either control both my machines perfectly, and no more program "Not Responding".
 1 user thanked MiaTNYC for this useful post.
Leanner on 10/21/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:08:05 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: MiaTNYC Go to Quoted Post
Any chance you are running Norton in the background? I just came back to my Cricut after a few years and I thought I'd go crazy trying to get CCR running, getting my Gypsy updated, getting my Expression and Cricut Cake machines current; everything I tried was as painful as pulling teeth. I too am running a current version of Avid on my laptop, but I couldn't understand why everything Cricut was hanging and not responding. Until on a whim, I stopped Norton from scanning any of the Cricut program folders. Now my Gypsy and CCR see the same cartridges, either control both my machines perfectly, and no more program "Not Responding".

I excluded the Cricut Craftroom and folder and Cricut Sync and program files a while ago but I didn't notice that it helped the constant lagging. Am I missing any folders I need to add to my exclusions?

Even if it turns out to be a conflict with Nortons, it should not be happening.
jscraftylady Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I, like Soo, have had literally NO problems in CCR since it began in BETA.

Sorry some of you have so many problems.

Char

You never have lag when you are designing? When you click on something and move it, resize it, weld it, etc., it never just hangs there and you don't know whether it is going to actually do it or not?

I design on CCR quite a bit whether I am actually going to cut with it or not to get a sense of sizing and layout. It doesn't matter if I am on my Mac or PC or whether I am on the online site or using my desktop program or whether I am at home or on the go, I always get a ton of lag.

I keep looking for that perfect combination of factors to finally get decent, reliable performance out of CCR and I can't find it. Of course, as my husband like to point out when I am cursing my computer and Cricut, that hasn't stopped me from buying digital content every time they have a sale.Flapper
CricketCMV Online
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:23:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
You never have lag when you are designing? When you click on something and move it, resize it, weld it, etc., it never just hangs there and you don't know whether it is going to actually do it or not? VERY SELDOM; AND IF IT DOES LAG, IT'S ONLY FOR A FEW SECONDS.....VERY SELDOM, THOUGH. NOW, I DON'T USE MY MACHINES EVERYDAY. BUT, WHEN I DO, I'M USUALLY ON THEM MOST OF A MORNING OR AFTERNOON.

I design on CCR quite a bit whether I am actually going to cut with it or not to get a sense of sizing and layout. It doesn't matter if I am on my Mac or PC or whether I am on the online site or using my desktop program or whether I am at home or on the go, I always get a ton of lag. THIS IS WHERE I THINK PC DOES A BIG DISSERVICE TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS. THEY SHOULD TROUBLESHOOT WITH YOU AND ALL OF US WHO DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS RIGHT HERE ON THE MB UNTIL THE PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED. I MEAN, IT MIGHT NOT BE PC'S FAULT (I DON'T NECESSARILY THINK IT IS THEIR FAULT MUCH OF THE TIME, BUT WHO KNOWS? BUT, THEY COULD CARE ENOUGH ABOUT ALL THEIR USERS TO HAVE SOME TRANSPARENCY.....WHICH WOULD SAVE ON THEM GETTING A MYRIAD OF CALLS FROM UNHAPPY USERS.....AND SOLVE MANY PROBLEMS RIGHT HERE ON THE SITE.

I keep looking for that perfect combination of factors to finally get decent, reliable performance out of CCR and I can't find it. Of course, as my husband like to point out when I am cursing my computer and Cricut, that hasn't stopped me from buying digital content every time they have a sale.Flapper
HAHA....FUNNY, BUT NOT!! I STAND BY WHAT I SAID ABOVE; I THINK PC COULD HELP US AND THEM OUT A LOT BY COMING ON THOSE THREADS VOICING PROBLEMS AND WORK THEM OUT RIGHT HERE. I USED TO WORK AT A COMPANY WHERE I TOOK CARE OF THE ONLINE PROBLEMS.....WE TOOK CARE OF THEM AS THEY CAME ACROSS THE BOARDS AND WORKED ON EACH ONE UNTIL THERE WAS RESOLVE OF THE CONFLICT. NOW THIS WAS A STEEL AND WIRE COMPANY, SO IT WASN'T ANYTHING TO DO WITH CRAFTING; but, nevertheless, it had to do with good CS! Yes, I take pride in my CS skills over the years in several companies.