Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KylieHarbin Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:01:04 PM(UTC)
KylieHarbin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm at a crop right now, and a friend asked to use my Cricut. I plugged it in, hit the power button, and it started as normal. When it got to the opening screen, the one that simply says Cricut, it just freezes. All the buttons on top are lit up as well (magnifying glass, home, pause, and power). When I push the other buttons, their light goes off, but the screen stays frozen. I've tried restarting it with the cartridge in place and without the cartridge. I've tried plugging in the cartrige one the screen is frozen hoping it will break the spell...no luck. It's just frozen!!! HELP!!!!!Mad Crying Blushing
 1 user thanked KylieHarbin for this useful post.
lswindle4a1e9e40a on 7/16/2013(UTC)
sweetshares Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:51:35 AM(UTC)
sweetshares

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Bump. This has just happened to me as well, can anyone suggest anything?
baloothebear1000b655b050 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:13:41 AM(UTC)
baloothebear1000b655b050

United Kingdom

Hi Ladys. Have you tried a reset?

lswindle4a1e9e40a Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:00:52 PM(UTC)
lswindle4a1e9e40a

How does one reset their E2?

I am having problems with my E2 as well. It is stuck on Cricut and all of the buttons are lit up but will not move beyond that or to the menu. I tried to download the update/sync firmware with no luck. I do not have a mac. I have tried this on a computer with Windows 7. It states that this software could potentially harm my computer. Would not load on my laptop either.

I need to cut out letters for quilts that I am working on. I gave my Expression away when I purchased this E2, now I wish I had kept it! I thought this would be the latest and greatest!

I even tried calling the number to Cricut but could not get through to anyone. After this posting I am going to try to email them. If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanks!
Coah'sNana Online
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:50:13 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13232 time(s) in 3713 post(s)
They don't respond to emails in a timely fashion and it will likely tell you to call the 1-877 number when they do respond. I don't think the hours are correct on the support tab though. I think it's more like 8am-6pm mst. Give them a ring tomorrow and they will help you through a reset.
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
lswindle4a1e9e40a on 7/19/2013(UTC)
lswindle4a1e9e40a Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:52:28 PM(UTC)
lswindle4a1e9e40a

Just wanted to update you, phoned customer support. Was on the phone with a nice young lady for several hours yesterday and together we could not get the Sync to run on any of my computers. I told her I would continue to try. She told me what to do if it connected and how to reset if it did. The closest I came was on my XP laptop this morning. It actually downloaded and then started initializing the drivers took over two hours, then a box came up that stated "failed to connect to Bridge. Please restart Sync, if the problem persists contact Customer Support." So I will be contacting that nice young lady again...... In the meantime, I will be listening to my husband's livid complaints regarding the cost of this machine and its inefficiency!!! Blushing So I am getting out my original personal Cricut to cut one letter a time. Oh well, I have a deadline! Crying Thank you for your suggestions.
swankysoapsb7073c5c Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 5:58:36 AM(UTC)
swankysoapsb7073c5c

Oddly enough I am having this problem as well. do you mean to tell me I have to somehow get my E2, which is stuck on this cricut screen to update with the updater? I've tried that and mine would not connect either. I hope Cricut finally pays attention to this issue as it does not seem to be uncommon....
Mad Cursing Crying Confused Angry