Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Claire1178 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 12:24:15 AM(UTC)
Claire1178

Groups: Registered

I need the word "Purrfect" for a scrapbook I'm working on. The digital image I've found of this word says it is located in the "Create A Critter" cartridge. There seem to be several cartridges of this title in our online store, but when I click them to see the images they contain, none of them show this word. And, to be honest, I don't want to incur the expense of purchasing a cartridge that I may not use anything else on.

Is there a way I can create this word with the individual letters that are free and have the letters connect to each other as one word rather than having to cut out each letter individually?

Thanks!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:12:49 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7585 time(s) in 4441 post(s)
Are you using CCR? Cricut CraftRoom? It sounds like you are.

If you are, you can use any FONT from your cartridges to form this word by using the left menus to type in TEXT you want....such as "Purrfect". Click on TEXT and the ADD TEXT. Pull up the IMAGES tab to bring in the cartridge you want to use (font). As you type in the text box, the word will add to your mat.

You can manipulate the letters around and/or leave them as is. The thing I LOVE about adding your own text is you can UNGROUP the letters to move them around any way you would like them on your project, as shows in the attachment.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:13:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV attached the following image(s):
Help in CCR.jpg
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:13:58 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
You'll find Purrfect on Create a Critter under the Phrase layer button. 2nd row, 5th button.

Claire1178 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:19:36 PM(UTC)
Claire1178

Thank you, Char and Narelle.

Narelle, I don't understand what you're trying to explain to me (I'm a newbie at this!). I found several "Create A Critter" cartridges in the store. What is the phrase layer button you refer to?
AuntieKLE Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:26:27 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
There are 2 Create a Critter Cartridges:
Create a Critter and Create a Critter 2.

Create a Critter has the word Purrfect that you are looking for. It's on page 38 of the handbook.

Here is the handbook for Create a Critter:

http://www.cricut.com/re...ks/CreateaCritter_cw.pdf

You can find most handbooks in the shopping section of Cricut.com, once you choose the cartridge you want to look at, you look at the bottom of the page under details and you will find the pdf handbook.

HTH
Claire1178 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:34:25 AM(UTC)
Claire1178

Thank you, HTH, for the helpful information! After a little fiddling around, I was finally successful tonight in creating the word "Purrfect", and I was able to connect the letters so it cut as one word. It came out, well, Purrfect! :) I am having so much fun doing this! I can see how easy it is to become hooked!
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:17:52 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Claire1178 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, Char and Narelle.

Narelle, I don't understand what you're trying to explain to me (I'm a newbie at this!). I found several "Create A Critter" cartridges in the store. What is the phrase layer button you refer to?

I know you've already created your project but thought you might want an answer to this anyway... Cool

Take a look at any of your keypad overlays. On the left you will see two columns of keys. Most of those are called the Creative Feature keys. This is where you will find features like shadow, blackout, italic, font and phrase. Not all carts have all of those features though.

You have to press the Feature button first.

Here's a picture of the Create A Critter keypad from the digital handbook. I have circled the two buttons you need to press to get the word Purrfect.

You press the Phrase button from the left of the keypad then press the other circled key.

The front part of each cartridge handbook usually goes through how to use the feature keys for that particular cart.

Hope that helps! Smile

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:18:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Claire1178 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:33:17 PM(UTC)
Claire1178

Thank you so much, Narelle! You have been a huge help! I appreciate the time you took to explain all of this to me because, yes, I had noticed all those things on the left side of the keypad to my cartridge (I've only purchased one cartridge so far - "Meow"), but had no idea what they meant or what they were for! You gals are great! BigGrin