Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCampos81486a48f88 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:28:42 AM(UTC)
NCampos81486a48f88

Groups: Registered

Hello All,

I am so hoping that their is someone on here who can PLEASE help me with this. I have been sitting here tinkering with this damn thing for 4 hours and im frusterated and just about ready to pull my hair out.

I was working on a project earlier tonight and it was working fine, until I changed to one of my other cartridges in which I have used before and never had any problems. When I plugged it in it read "Error 3" "Please Reinsert the cartridge and try again." or " Error 6". I have tried to update my cricut with my computer and thats an whole different mess... It wouldn't let me do that either and every single time I would try to install it it just told me to contact costomer support.

Nothing is working. I don't know how to do a hard reset on the cricut Expressions 2. Everything on the internet isn't making any sense to me. I don't know if I am just so beyond tired and tired of trying. I am getting married and I don't have time for this I have a ton of stuff I have to work on for my wedding and I really need to fix this pronto! I mean if I have to wait till monday to call support I will but if anyone knows how I can fix this or something I can do please let me know. I will take any advice I can get right now.

Does anyone know if it matters if you have the wifi adapter? Cause I don't. However, I have the cricut plugged in to my computer directly... i don't know if this matters or not but I don't have a PC I have a MAC. I don't know if that information is useless or not but just trying to feed whatever information I can to get to some kind of answer.

Someone Please help! lol

Thanks !
NicoleCursing
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:24:55 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
First, are you using Cricut Sync to update your E2? http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

It doesn't matter if you don't have Wi-fi. Just make sure you have your E2 connected to your Mac when you go to open Cricut Sync.

Here are the reset intructions for the E2. Good luck!

Download the latest version of Cricut sync (if you don’t already have it.) http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

With the E2 turned off:

Plug your E2 into the computer and open up Cricut Sync
Select “Don’t Update Now” if it prompts you to update.
Select the “Help” option
Select “Troubleshooting”
Answer the 5 questions that appear as follows:
• Yes
• No
• No
• No
• Yes
You will be prompted to put your E2 into recovery mode. To do that:

Hold down the Home button, the Pause button and the power button together.
A blue screen will appear.

Once the troubleshooting process is complete disconnect your E2 and try using your machine again.

If your issue has still not been fixed contact PC customer service on 1-877-727-4288 | Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST.
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:35:01 AM(UTC)
NCampos81486a48f88

Thank you so much for helping... However, when I am trying to download the cricut sync right before it loads it says " bridge error: sync failed to connect to the bridge. Please restart sync if the problem continues please contact customer service." I have the option to click ok or support. Which brings me here lol I have tried to reinstall it uninstall it like 3 dozen times lol am I doing something wrong here?

Nicole
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:02:15 AM(UTC)
NCampos81486a48f88

Nevermind, I uninstalled the program and rebooted my computer and then tried to reinstall it again and this time it actually now is going through the whole troubleshooting process right now. So hopefully this thing helps and it will work for me. I will let you know once it is actually done. Its doing something that it wouldn't do last night and that makes me happy right now HAHA!

Thank you!

Nicole