Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrappinbeck Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:12:40 PM(UTC)
scrappinbeck

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I can't seem to find an adhesive runner that I just love (or at least when I do, I end up not being able to find refillsBlink )

I use a Xyron X, Xyron 500 and Zig pen for cuts, but I'm trying to figure the best runner for attaching photos, photo mats, larger pieces of paper etc. to my scrapbook pages. I've tried the "sqaures" but hate removing the little backings and tried the Vario, but not crazy about it. I've tried Creative Memories, but find the refills expensive. Tried Tombow, wasn't really a fan. I recently used one made by Xyron that I liked, but now I can't find refills.

Soooo, what's your favorite and why?
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:21:49 PM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 54 post(s)
do you red or pinktape glider by scotch.you can but the tape from michael or the internet
tape depot and framing supplies. i jusi love mines
Leanner Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:48:05 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1487 time(s) in 1096 post(s)
My favorite is my two Scotch ATG guns...but I dont know if they would be considered "tape runners"
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:50:09 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 527 time(s) in 372 post(s)
I agree with the ATG. Since I bought one, I ditched the traditional tape runners.
LindainWA Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:02:59 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
I, too, love the ATG guns. I have the original orange/red one and a pink one (that is in my tote). I still have lots of tombow refills so use them on occ.
Aviatrix Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:22:25 PM(UTC)
Aviatrix

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 180 post(s)
Another vote for ATG--hard to remember life before it BigGrin
cristine Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:06:44 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 66 post(s)
ATG-- Love my pink one, and usually you can get in on a tape share with someone here on the board. Michael's and Hobby lobby sell them, and you can use a coupon to purchase it with.
CanadaJanice Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:46:22 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
My favourite is Creative Memories, which I know you've tried and find pricey. I do like ATG, but I prefer the size of the CM one.

I have tried many other traditional tape runners, and have been very unhappy with all of them as I find they either do not come off the roll properly or they do not stick permanently, regardless of what the packaging says.
marytcrafts Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:20:18 AM(UTC)
marytcrafts

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm all for the ATG gun. It is a little large to handle, but I think it does the best job of all of the tape guns/gliders out there! I actually have two, I found them online pretty inexpensive. But you could always find a coupon for Michael's. Sometimes they run a special on them for like $19.99 AND you can use a 40% coupon on it!
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:52:02 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7612 time(s) in 4460 post(s)
I used to use the DUCK runners (in red hand-held plastic casing). BUT, on some surfaces, it didn't seem to take as good as I wanted it to. I don't want to have to use something else for some surfaces. I want to use one product.

I now use MyStik. It also comes in a red casing; hand-held. I believe it adheres a lot better than the DUCK runners.

Char
wannaBscrappin' Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 11:22:44 AM(UTC)
wannaBscrappin'

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 42 post(s)
My favorite used to be Creative Memories too but i agree that its too expensive and not convenient to purchase. A friend suggested the My Stik and I was unreceptive...til i tried it! Love resulted! Its available in a variety of tape types, is personalizable Love and inexpensive and available everywhere and lasts a long time. It is almost clear and can be used like the CM runner in single pieces easily peeled off as well as the runner. It is made by Scrapbook adhesives. ThumpUp
GracefulGrammar Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1632 time(s) in 750 post(s)
ATG gun:
It's inexpensive
It works

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 11:33:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mickeydee Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 2:21:09 PM(UTC)
mickeydee

United States

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Another vote for the ATG gun. I know it looks large and bulky to use, but, it's not. The tape lasts a long time. I gave up on tape runners because it seemed like I barely used them and the tape would run out.
Soshescraps Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:16:29 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1091 time(s) in 871 post(s)
Another fan of the ATG gun. Love it plus the refills are super inexpensive when you get in on a tape share. I just brought 12 refills for $15 including tax and shipping. They last a while and it works!! I got mines on Amazon back in early 2012 and have never regretted it. Paid around $12 during one of those one day deals.

Good luck!!
nancyh Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:25:41 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 585 time(s) in 440 post(s)
I too use an ATG gun and it works great! Another one of my favorites is the glue glider pro. The refills are more expensive than the ATG, but it's smaller and works great for going to crops.
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:25:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: mickeydee Go to Quoted Post
Another vote for the ATG gun. I know it looks large and bulky to use, but, it's not. The tape lasts a long time. I gave up on tape runners because it seemed like I barely used them and the tape would run out.

I looked at the ATG gun, because so many love it; however, I have a lot of arthritis in my hands and shoulders, so it wasn't an option for me.

I buy the hand-helds with my 40%-50% off coupons. I don't use the runners for everything, because I do like Xyron (two sizes...smaller ones) and tacky glue for heavier embellies.

Char
michellerubino70662cfc05 Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:35:54 PM(UTC)
michellerubino70662cfc05

I use the Kokuyo Dotliner Long it has 118ft is easy to hold and sticks in high humidity and you don't even need to use tons.
Jooniper Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:22:17 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 836 time(s) in 601 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I looked at the ATG gun, because so many love it; however, I have a lot of arthritis in my hands and shoulders, so it wasn't an option for me.

I buy the hand-helds with my 40%-50% off coupons. I don't use the runners for everything, because I do like Xyron (two sizes...smaller ones) and tacky glue for heavier embellies.

Char

I too have arthritis in my fingers, hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders, and have little to no grip and I can use the ATG pretty good on my good days. Most days I can't make a closed fist and the other days I can make a semi closed fist. And I have lots of swelling and inflammation in my fingers that I can not bend them. But on my good days I can bend them much better and I can squeeze the trigger on the ATG, but I can not hold it down for very long because of the little to no grip. So.... I have to do short bursts and squeeze the trigger with 2 fingers to apply enough pressure to get the trigger down.

I did not think I was able to use an ATG either as they look heavy, big and bulky and I figured the trigger was harder to press in than it really is.

But I like my ATG! I just wish it wasn't pink, but a pretty dark teal color. LOL
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:04:59 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
I too have arthritis in my fingers, hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders, and have little to no grip and I can use the ATG pretty good on my good days. Most days I can't make a closed fist and the other days I can make a semi closed fist. And I have lots of swelling and inflammation in my fingers that I can not bend them. But on my good days I can bend them much better and I can squeeze the trigger on the ATG, but I can not hold it down for very long because of the little to no grip. So.... I have to do short bursts and squeeze the trigger with 2 fingers to apply enough pressure to get the trigger down.

I did not think I was able to use an ATG either as they look heavy, big and bulky and I figured the trigger was harder to press in than it really is.

But I like my ATG! I just wish it wasn't pink, but a pretty dark teal color. LOL

I appreciate that this is better for you and I might try one someday if I can find a good price on it. It does sound like the refills are pretty cheap....cheaper than when I buy my little cartridges that are easier for me to hold. I feel I can get a good sense of where I'm going when I'm closer to my work.....but, we'll see. Maybe I'll try one. Thanks for your information.

I was on anti-inflammatory meds (1200 mg.) for twenty years, which kept all the inflammation from my joints (so, consequently, I don't have the malformations that you are describing in my fingers, thankfully). After eight years of retirement and being able to move around more (than when I sat 8-10 hours at a desk jog for 35+ years), a lot of my arthritis issues have gotten much better. I am thankful. I'm sorry for your issues....and a lot of my friends who didn't have the benefit of or doctors who prescribed them (I didn't want to take them at first, but when the burning in my fingers go worse and worse, I finally conceded and started taking them). I do feel bad when I see many of my friends (one, after I retired, whose husband is a doctor) with their malformations and inability to straighten their hands. Now, maybe after I've been off these meds for a few years, I will get them, too. BUT, I'm thankful the doctor wanted me to try those meds some years back.

WHY DON'T YOU PAINT YOUR ATG?

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:05:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rhondah* Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:10:42 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 12457 time(s) in 8289 post(s)
I have two ATG's that I love. 1/4 inch tape and 1/2 inch tape. I didn't think I would like the 1/2 inch tape ATG, but I use it all the time.ThumpUp
jojoy Online
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:26:21 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Was thanked: 8899 time(s) in 3093 post(s)
I had the Scotch ATG, but hated to replace the tape and have to rewind it around, and I seemed to have alot of trouble with it (in general). Then I was replacing the tape one day, and a spring popped out. That was it for me. I the bought the Xyron Mega Runner and love it. You just pop in the new refill, no winding it around gears. What I don't like about it, is the only store that I have been able to get the refills at, is Archiver's, or on-line at HSN.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:27:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:15:41 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 954 post(s)
ATG 714, Xyron 250, 510 and 900 I also have the xyron x best adhesive on the marketBigGrin