Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cricaholic Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:04:21 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
I'm getting ready to sell excess craft stuff and will take paypal.
I've never sold anything taking paypal. What do I need to do?
is there anything I should know or be aware of?
What do I need to tell the buyer?
How will I know the money they sent has been sent?
Is there a time period before the money is actually in my acct.?
Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated.
I don't want any problems!!!
Larmabee Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:56:25 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Paypal notifies you when the payment has cleared.
I would invoice people, there is a small charge based on percent of sale. To do that you need the buyer's ebay account name which is an email address.
If you choose to not to invoice, have the buyer send you the money, some people have it sent as a gift (no charges, but it does not protect the buyer.). You would need to supply them with your ebay name/email address.
As soon as the payment clears, it is in your account.
Hope this helps
Ebay has a very good help section too.
 1 user thanked Larmabee for this useful post.
cricaholic on 2/25/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:13:35 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
I am assuming you have a PayPal account - and have purchased items (probably from ebay) using your paypal account.

If you don't have a paypal account - open one up. In order to buy or sell they need to have time to verify your banking information - either checking and/or credit card.
I can't give a whole tutorial on paypal, so go to their website and read, read, read.

Otherwise,

I have sold everything from sewing machines to football tickets. I would NEVER consider selling or buying from anyone that does not use paypal. It is a built in safety net for both buyer and seller.

If you do have a paypal account then you know that you have a unique user id (your email address) associated with your account.

As a seller, you will be notified immediately by email when your buyer has made their payment. Paypal assesses a small fee from you (the seller). Your buyer can use either their checking account or credit card if they have linked one to their account. Either way, you, the seller pay a fee. And whichever method your buyer decides to use you will get your money just the same.

You can then designate where you want your funds to be sent. Usually your checking account. Or - you can hold your money in your paypal account to use on any future purchases you might want to make. Sort of like a pre-loaded debit card. But you can of course have your money sent to your bank. That will generally take 3-5 business days.

Paypal used to restrict new sellers to a $1000 a month cap, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

If you are familiar with ebay you know that most sellers stipulate that merchandise must be paid for within 3 days of purchase.

Under no circumstances accept personal checks via snail mail. It's slow, it's stupid and you will eventually tire of having to relist merchandise when the buyers check either doesn't arrive or worse.... bounces. Just don't do it.

Ebay owns Paypal, and they have a nice - new - feature that allows buyers to link directly to their Paypal account immediately upon purchase. Use that feature. It's super convenient for your buyers!

When you go to your PayPal account you can view all pending and completed transactions. Just like you can when you check your checking account online.

Don't be scared to use PayPal. It is without exception the very best way for both you and your buyers.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
lauradrumm Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:01:10 PM(UTC)
lauradrumm

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have used PayPal for years and have never had problems. The one time a vendor put an auto charge through they helped me in getting in reversed. Very good customer service. I think Ebay owns them now.
 1 user thanked lauradrumm for this useful post.
cricaholic Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:20:22 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
BigGrin Yes, I have a paypal acct

OK, I want to do the invoice from paypal the small fee is fine. That sounds the best/safest.
How do you do the invoice?
I have 20 packs of cardstock and want to sell it for $50 that includes shipping.
Do I ask the buyer for their name and email address? Then paypal notifies them, do I have to state by when I want them to pay? I want to keep the money in my paypal acct for future use.
Huh Sorry for all the questions....I've never sold anything Flapper I've chickened out and taken stuff to Good Will instead.
sewnmachine Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:37:29 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
I have not used that yet. If you already have a set price for your paper, maybe set up your auction for "Buy it Now".

Do a google search for PayPal invoice and see how or when other sellers invoice their customers. Reading through the FAQ's on both Ebay and PayPal would probably clarify it for you also.