Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CarolynLane Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 12:07:16 PM(UTC)
CarolynLane

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My gypsy died and I'm willing to buy a new one,but on www.cricut.com and every site I can find the gypsy, all are out of stock. Ebay has lots that are already loaded with cartridges, but I want my cartridges and don't want to pay hundreds $$ to buy the machine only to have those cartridges wiped out to replace mine.

Craftroom link getting any closer?? What if gypsy is dead, how to link those gypsy linked cartridges with CCR??

MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:46:17 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
Some people have had luck with fixing the gypsy by taking to a tv repair place. Some have had the battery replaced and some have had the usb port re-soldered in place. You could try and have the battery replaced and see if it saves your gypsy.

Mary
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 5:55:19 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have you looked at cricutmachine.com or consumercrafts.com? They sometimes have deals on new Gypsys.
♥brandoodles♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:27:14 AM(UTC)
♥brandoodles♥

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I'm in the same boat!! Can't get an answer about them being discontinued and everyone at Cricut Support seems to be shocked that there are none to be found out there. Angry
CarolynLane Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:47:41 AM(UTC)
CarolynLane

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No luck at audio or tv repair shops - BUT, I did find a nice young highly techy guy on a chance meeting that replaced the usb port for me for $30! All is good in my craft room again!
Lady Bug S Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:35:41 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I'm glad your gypsy is working again.
Joyce H. Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:29:57 PM(UTC)
Joyce H.

United States

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 156 post(s)
Mine went wacko too. Anyone know if Provo Craft repairs them? Have way too much $$$ invested not to replace it. I disee some online but way to much $$$. Most were used with cartridges linked to it. Have a SUPER evening!
luvs2shop Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:30:37 AM(UTC)
luvs2shop

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 55 post(s)
They are discontinued. If you buy a used one they can wipe it out and put your serial number on it for you but who wants to put out that kind of money for a product that isn't supported by PC? Sickening when we have so much money invested in these products. I asked about the ability to link gypsy-linked carts to craft room and was told they "are very close." I won't hold my breath. They old me to tote out all my carts and insert when needed to cut from craft room. Joy!
thinkpink101 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:13:55 AM(UTC)
thinkpink101

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mine is dead too, and I'm so sad, I won't use my Cricuts without it - I can't stand having to stop to insert each cart one by one, haven't had to do so in years, and I'm not about to start now! I refuse to buy a new Gypsy however, I have been told by PC Customer Service for over a YEAR that they are "very close" to releasing the Gypsy CCR link. I'm starting to think that they are not planning to do so - ever. I have hundreds of carts all linked to my dead Gypsy, I would love to be able to use them in CCR and it's crazy to me that they haven't come up with a solution yet. Clearly it's not a priority to them. I have multiple Cricuts, hundreds of carts and a Gypsy, I've been a loyal PC customer for the past 7 years - but I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a different brand die cutting machine. I'm definitely not going to invest in any other PC items unless they release the Gypsy CCR fix. Enough is enough.
rdecookdc757360 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:27:36 PM(UTC)
rdecookdc757360

My Gypsy was working 'fine' just a few days ago. Tried to link a new cartridge and got message that I needed to update my Gypsy. Went through the motions, now I have power but no screen. Called Cricut and was told that "since it out of warranty (purchased 2009) they couldn't repair it." The nice lady did have me try some things to see if we could get it back up and running. No luck. Tried looking on line for a new one; and like the other posts, there is none to be had. The lady at Cricut did tell me to "hold onto it in case a newer version is released or a 'fix' may be had in the future."

So, I guess I'll have to lug all my cartridges (more than 25) with me whenever I go somewhere where I'd want to use them, as I do a lot of my 'designing' away from home.
rdecookdc757360 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:28:48 PM(UTC)
rdecookdc757360

Also, I have tried using the Cricut Craft Room and have had no luck with it. Can't get anything to work.
sewnmachine Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 2:51:57 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rdecookdc757360 Go to Quoted Post
Also, I have tried using the Cricut Craft Room and have had no luck with it. Can't get anything to work.

There are alot of "fixes" for getting CCR to work. If Narelle or Scrapalette are around they are very handy with links on how to solve the problems. Also, customer support will even email you with specific instructions on how to get it to work with your particular operating system and virus software (those are the usual culprits).

nokin2parise0806235 Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 10:00:44 PM(UTC)
nokin2parise0806235

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
CryingJust last week, right in the middle of a major project my Gypsy quit communicating with my Expression. I tried to sync it but my computer couldn't locate it. I called PC, got a really nice rep but she wasn't much help at all. She did kept emphasizing "don't get rid of your gypsy to wait" something was coming. I don't use this craft room, not really sure about it, if I need a laptop to use it I don't have one. I love my Gypsy, even just bought her new accessories (tote, sleeves etc) Now I know why everything was on sale. I guess it must have only a 4 or 5 year life span. I too was searching for a new one....I did not want to hear they have been discontinuedMad ! I want my Gypsy back, but not at the outrageous auction prices.