Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<2526272829>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#781 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:48:21 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Well they are saying we are going to get a blizzard... as long as my kids are safely home let it snow.. I so desperatly want to scrapbook and finish catching up on some cards.

JeanneLee.. enjoy time with your family

Joy.. how many bridesmaid dresses do you have to make???

Feeling better and better as the day goes on...

Abigail took a nice long nap this morning 2 1/2 hours then she got up with so much energy

My neighbor had given me a Fisher Price Rocking Dog that was her grand daughters 23 yrs. ago in perfect shape. Actually my DD Patty had the same one when she was young. The baby would sit on and rock.. Well Abigail loved it.. all afternoon sitting on it and laughing.

then I bought her some gifts for Valentine Day "Heidi Klum" has a line of childrens clothes so cute I had to buy an outfit for her then some toys. I am trying not to go overboard because my house is filling up now. I cleaned out a unit in my Wall Unit nice compartment to store her toys..

Well have a good evening/day everyone

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 2/11/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#782 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:50:35 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

On the previous page I commented on Joy's beautiful wedding invites. Nice work and I know with embossing it isn't just time consuming but very messy. Well done

shelly.. 5 different or all the same your choice.

I already made several different cards.
SandraB. Offline
#783 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:28:47 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Hello everyone;
Our shopping trip was fun...only spent about $5.00 total! Then we went to her dr., appt., then to her dd's...I met her new ds. Then we went to Bed,Bath & Beyond where I got a K-cup holder for the Keurig. I had a $25.00 gift card and a 20% off c/o so the holder cost me .19 centsBigGrin BigGrin!

Nancy: thanks for the tips on the Keurig, I did register it yesterday and got the c/o for the free packs. Will have to order some soon, they sure do have a great selection on the website. Hope they ship to Canada though. Thanks for the tip about the water.

Joy: glad you got the invites all done, I wasn't able to open your pic thoughMad

Shelley: good news for your dd.

Angie: hope all goes well with all your projects.

JeanneLee: have a nice visit with ds.

DH's aunt is doing a family tree and wants all sorts of info. on dh's brothers, sister and their families. Since his folks have passed guess who gets to compile all this stuff.Cursing His dad did have a birthday book that had alot of the info in, so dh will just have to call brothers up for the missing bits.

Well, off to make a cup of brew for dh & myself.

Take care everyone, stay warm those of you who are expecting snow.
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 2/11/2013(UTC)
Larmabee Offline
#784 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:33:50 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hey everyone - just a quick "hi". I still struggle to get on the MB most days.
I am ready to order paper for the wedding invites I've been asked to make. Are there any suggestions?
Here is the design the couple chose.
I will post this weekend to chat!
Take care
Laura
Larmabee attached the following image(s):
wine.JPG
joyfullycrafting Offline
#785 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:34:37 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
I think PC must be having pic issues because all I see on Laura's post is that red X and I can't get it to open.

I was trying to get a baby sweater sewed together this morning, and I put the sleeve in upside down. Grr. Got it ripped out and done correctly, but so frustrating. A friend that is is Kate's wedding, and she will be in Megan's wedding. Due in May but a baby shower for her next week at Megan's house.

Kate is with Jordan this weekend. She has two job interviews today, and then she will go apartment hunting. He is living in his parent's fifth wheel right now in an RV park.

It is almost 9:30, so I guess I better go get dressed! Flapper But my PJ's are so comfy!!!

JeanneLee and Sharon and Nancy, stay safe in the storm.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#786 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:38:12 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am kind of liking Extreme Fonts. I have been interested in Varsity Letter, but this might be the way to go.
siababe1304dd620 Offline
#787 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:57:02 AM(UTC)
siababe1304dd620

Somebody PLEASE help me with my Expression2
NJsharon Offline
#788 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
That is weird, I know I posted either last night or this morning & saw my post posted, but now I don't see it?!! Very strange!

Was just basically saying we don't have blizzard warnings here, jsut winter storm warnings. Been snowing most of the day off & on, but only about 1/2" of the white stuff on the ground right now. But that will change around 5-6pm & turn to heavy snow, then about 4"-12" expected for us, depending on which weather source you look at!

Glad I got an early dismissal from work/school & so did the girls, so we can just relax later. I do have to stop by the gym to get weighed though first.

I stopped by to pick up milk on the way home from Shoprite grocery store, took the next to last gallon skim milk, there was hardly any bread on the shelves or yoghurts. Bought eggs, as was everyone else & bacon! So we are set for the weekend now!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#789 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:52:41 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

It has been snowing since 6am this morning coming down heavy didn't think DD would drive in it but her boss said to all the employees they better be at work!!!

So they Patty dropped Abigail off and went to work.

it took my son in law 2 hours to get here now I am waiting to hear if he and Abby got home safe. DD left at 4pm they actually let them out early and it took her 2 hours to get home. She said you couldn't see anything in front of you.

1 storm left another came in hailing most of the afternoon then heavy snow. The kids got out early from school and wanted to come over so of course i said yes.

DH made dinner I was busy with Abigail. Alex shoveled about 4 inches of snow.

Sat. he will be back and do it with the snowblower. Alex is happy because he goes around asking people if they want their drive ways cleared and most do so he earns a little extra cash.

Some pay him others don't but he feels good helping people. he is a dedicated boy scout.

Now I hear ice and still snowing .

Hoping to clean alittle tomorrow and craft...

Laura pretty card... what colors are the bridesmaid dresses or the color theme for4 the wedding??

In new york they match up with the color theme of the wedding.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#790 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:55:29 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Ok now i can rest everyone is ome...BigGrin took my son in law 2 1/2 hours to get home which is usually a 20 minute ride
joyfullycrafting Offline
#791 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:58:31 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Glad your family made it home safely, Nancy!

If it is not one thing, it is another. DH has not been feeling well all week, so we went to the doc this afternoon. The doc is pretty sure he has a gall stone/bad gall bladder. Oh yay. The doc tried to call the surgeon who DH sees, but never could make contact. He finally have DH antiobiotics and his home phone number in case things get bad over the weekend. DH taught with our doctor's mother! They also drew blood to check for whatever they check for, and DH will probably have an ultrasound on Monday. Sigh. When it rains, it pours, and I kind of feel like the blizzard in the NorthEast is in our lives right now.

I did get some Valentine's Day cards made. Jill has the stamp set I wanted to use for part of them. Oh well.
SandraB. Offline
#792 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 7:54:15 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Spent the day crafting/scrapping with my friend. Played a bit with our melting pots, had lunch, then spent the rest of the afternoon scrapbooking. Working on dd's birthday card, want to get her package off in the mail this w/end. Have to make a card for my uncle's 90th birthday also.

Nancy: glad everyone made it home safe. Ordered some Keurig coffee packs tonite. Good for Alex on his shovelling.

Sharon: early dismissal here would never happen. It would have to be some huge, wild storm for that to happen here. The most that is likely to happen is that the busses wouldn't run.

Joy: hope dh is feeling better soon. My dd is on the waiting list to have her gallbladder removed due to gallstones. I actually cut some letters using the Extreme Fonts this afternoon also. I wonder how long we will get it for free. Glad you got the baby sweater fixed up.

Laura: the invites look great. Does the bride have any sort of a color theme?

DH is working tomorrow, then we have a game tomorrow nite. Hope to spend some time tomorrow crafting after housework that is. DS has a bowling practice Sun. morning.
Stay safe and warm everyone, no storms here...great weather, it's supposed to be around 0 for the next few days.

Bye for now.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#793 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:01:03 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Yeh snow finally stopped the wind last night was hallowing... we did get a little over 2 feet of snow but the wind drifts are close to 5 feet..

I will try and post pic's of neighbors house and our back yard

Geeezzzz... I have been trying to upload photos but it isn't happening today..

Ever since they updated this MB it seems it is a pain signing in or even getting onto the MB!!

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:19:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#794 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:22:05 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy.. hope Merle feels better

How are the brides maids dresses coming along???

Sandra.. glad you had a nice time...

I was suppose to have a craft play date today that is not going to happen!!!

We are snowed in!

They are telling people to stay off those roads so they can plow them..

Off to do some household workBored then craftingBigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#795 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:01:51 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I cannot see photos on this board since over a week ago. Don't know what they did to the message board as I could see them before, but now I just see a little red X. Haven't changed any settings on my computer so think it is on their end!

Glad you are safe in Long Island & everyone got home safe. Been watching the news about LI & how much snow you got out there. Pics of the LI Expressway were crazy with all the stranded cars!

We got lucky, just about 6" of snow here, looks beautiful out.

Unfortunately my mother in law is north of us though & got much more & is freaking out. So Paul has to go dig her out later today. She really would be fine until tomorrow as she doesn't need to go out & then Paul could rest today. But she is panicing. I know she is 89 years old, but she has a full pantry & fridge & no reason to go out. So not sure what the panic is. It is about an hour drive each way for Paul & the roads are going to be bad today. Wish he could go tomorrow instead. Ugh.

NJsharon Offline
#796 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:50:12 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh good, some neighbors came by & shovelled my mother in law out. So she is happy now & Paul doesn't think he needs to go over, at least for today. We told her she is to give them at least $20 each & we will give her the money back. If they don't take it, she is to tell them my son insists!

Think I am making some homemade brownies, from scratch, with the girls later. Emily bought a Toll House cook book from a book fair last week & is wanting to make recipes from it. LOL So no flour brownies are on the menu to be made this afternoon!

So glad I cancelled the open house for today. Would have been a really terrible day to have a get together, just because of all the snow & not all the roads are clear yet.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#797 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:36:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

So glad you all weathered the storm! Nancy, that is bunch of snow!!! Sharon, I can just imagine your relief when your DH did not have to go and shovel his mother out. And homemade brownies sound so yummy!!!!!!! Love

Sandra, so much fun to scrap with friends! And enjoy your Keurig. :)

Laura, I never could get your pic to open. :(

The bridesmaids dresses are still on the bolt! I have not even opened the patterns. I think I will wait to start on Monday.

DH says he is feeling better than he has all week. Hopefully, those antibiotics will help.

It is a beautiful sunny day out, but there is a breeze blowing which makes it COLD.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#798 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:46:23 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I was at WalMart this morning (because there is no place else to shop except KMart) and they had fabric. My Wally's does not have a fabric department any more, but every now and then they bring some in. Anyway, I found a couple of pieces that should make nice jackets, and at $1.50 a yard, CHEAP. I spent the whole time the gal was cutting selling her a cruise! She was wondering what to do on her vacation this year. I think I am a pretty good cruise salesperson Flapper
SandraB. Offline
#799 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:17:05 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Glad you guys are all weathering your storms ok. Lovely here, got a bit of snow this a.m., ds and I went out and shovelled it and now the sun is out and drying it all up. After we were done shovelling we went for a bit of a walk. Nice and refreshing. When we got back I made ds hot chocolate in the Keurig. I had bought some of the reuseable cups, so just used the hot chocolate we had on hand and it worked great.

Joy: glad dh is feeling better. We haven't had fabric at our Wal-Mart for quite awhile now. We just have a very small craft section left. Glad you were able to find some fabric that you could make something out of.

Sharon: good thing your dh didn't have to go shovel his mom out. When they get that age they get very stubborn. My mom is 84 and she is the same way, though she lives in a complex where the snow is shovelled for them so we don't have to worry about that. Though she has been known to try to sweep it herselfCursing! As I said, stubborn! The brownies sound deliciousBigGrin

Nancy: sorry about your playdate. Hopefully, you still get some crafting done.

Better run, have some lunch and then back to craftingBigGrin BigGrin ! I've not been able to open pics here for a bit now either, not sure what they've doneMad .
Take care everyone

NJsharon Offline
#800 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:51:53 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, I just love cruising so much too! I always tell people if they haven't cruised to try it at least once. If it is not for them then at least they have tried it. But I bet them that they will be hooked once they do try it! LOL

So sorry about your DH too Joy. Hope the antibiotics help a bit.

Very nice to have a relaxing day here! DH did venture out just down the road to the store to pick up ingredients for the brownies & some more milk. So will make the brownies soon.

I am doing a liquid diet this weeekend, in an effort to try to get my weight loss going again. So will skip the brownies for me, that will kill me! But will have one come monday! Just drinking protein shakes, protein chicken soup & decaf coffee & water today & tomorrow. So still getting my calories & protein in, but hoping that will kick start my weight loss. I have been bouncing up & down with the same 3-4lbs since about November & driving me crazy! LOL

lv2scrap02 Offline
#801 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:43:50 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well I am back to feeling like my ole self again. The other doctor I went to had me on high blood pressure meds. 150 mg.

This new doctor put me on 25 mg. what a difference

Alex couldn't come earlier because they hadn't plowed the streets!!!

Now they came down the street only on the other side and now Alex came and he is plowing the street and my driveway and walk ways...

His dad has a big truck so he is driving him all around to help friends and family and their Church. He is such a good kid

Sharon nice to hear you didn't get hit hard with the snow.

Now with the wind going my back yard has about 6 feet of snow

lv2scrap02 Offline
#802 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:51:11 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra my Keurig is going today ... just looking outside makes you want a hot cup of chocolate
tea...

I thought the men would want something hot and they are telling me they want water...

Alex has been doing this since 9am this morning...

I guess he will sleep good tonight

Sharon good thing you cancelled your Craft Class.. maybe re scheduling you will have a better turnout

Well I am shopping in the CTMH catty. I want to build my stamp collection when I am using the Art Phil. and Artiste Cartridges. I like when cuts and stamps match.

Joy how is DH feeling today??

I got so involed in house cleaning didn't do much crafting
lv2scrap02 Offline
#803 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:54:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

trying to upload photos
NJsharon Offline
#804 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:05:32 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Couldn't log on yesterday evening, kept taking my log in & just refeshing the log in page. That happens to me sometimes. Weird.

Today we need to do some grocery shopping, then going to an open house at our local YMCA. They have activities for kids & need to see if they offer gymnastics classes for kids. If they do we may well change to there from our gym. I love our gym/health club we are members of right now, but they are sooo expensive.

Never did get the brownies done, so will make them later with Emily too.

Larmabee Offline
#805 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:09:06 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good morning everyone!
We are having beautiful weather this weekend! Unseasonable warm and just light snow fall. I am thinking I should pull out my cross country skis for a bit. I have so much to do inside though Glare .
The wedding the invitations are for will be purple (almost eggplant) and champagne (ivory). I am thinking of maybe inking the edges of the invitation a bit. I have ordered some versamark dazzle to do the stamping and then maybe clear embossing over top for the stamp. I'm not happy with the embossing powder I have, it is grainy even after melting. I sent the bride two places to order paper online. I gave her my account info so she could just sign in and look at the shopping carts. That way she can see the exact papers/envelopes and prices including shipping. There is a HUGE difference in prices, I hadn't expected that.
Sharon I saw the pictures of your snowfall and of the snowpeople populating your yard. WOW! what a house you have. Beautiful. Enjoy the snow while you have it!
Nancy I will try to upload the picture again for you. I have trouble sometimes getting it to work. It is good to hear you are feeling better. I use my keurig to heat water for tea and also to make instant oatmeal.
Take care
Laura
Larmabee attached the following image(s):
wine.JPG
NJsharon Offline
#806 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:53:40 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Thanks Laura, I love our house & we are very lucky to have such a nice house. Any time any of my cricut MB friends want to visit NJ they have a place to stay! ;)

I can see the invitation now Laura & looks nice & elegant. Simple but effective! Is that the colors of the bridesmaid dresses too, pretty purple.

Went to Walmart for some cereal for the girls, water enhancers for me (those drops you put in water to flavor it), & of course found some other things we just had to have!

Want to stop by Five Below store later to maybe see if they have small sleds for the girls. Our backyard is sloped, so there is a perfect hill for sledding, but we don't have a sled!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#807 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:04:15 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Laura... very pretty card. Purple is my favorite color.

I can't seem to upload a photo;s!! I resized them and still no luch..MB says there is an errorAngry

Sharon.. we got according to our town readings 26.5 my daughter is still snowed in and they got 33.5 inches of snow.

They shoveled their whole driveway yesterday and the roads aren't plowed so they are stuck.

If you saw my back yard you would never know their was a pond out there. Hopefully the sun will do it's job and melt some.

How fun sledding the girls should enjoy that

The going rate here for kids to come around and shovel is 25.00 an hour. If they use a plow then 45 and up.

I don't believe it I said let me try one more time...

We have a fence in the back that is 6 feet tall and one of the photos in the corner you can hardly see the fence there is a pond underneath all that!

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:18:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
P1000880.JPG
P1000881.JPG
P1000886.JPG
P1000879.JPG
lv2scrap02 Offline
#808 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:09:50 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

That is my neighbors house across the street from me
NJsharon Offline
#809 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:41:08 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Weird, I see your photos, tiny in your message. But when I click on them, they still come up tiny! Normally when you click on a photo it comes up bigger. So kind of hard to see the pics. But does look like a LOT of snow! That is some crazy figures. We were lucky only getting about 6"... maybe 8" at the most.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#810 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:53:39 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I STILL can't see pictures. Grumble Grumble. They show with just that silly X and when I click, the timer thing just runs and runs and runs. I think I have Firefox on my computer. Maybe I will try logging in with it.

DH feels better, weak, but he is kind of yellow, poor guy. Hopefully the tests tomorrow will tell us something. I am glad we did not have to call the doctor over the weekend! He did give us his home and cell number.

I am trying to hard to do just one wedding at a time, but the wheels keep spinning for Megan's wedding, too. She would really like to get married in the back yard, and I keep thinking of what we could do to decorate!d Her fiance' is not too keen on the backyard idea.

Nancy, will your fish come through all the snow OK??