Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<45678>»
RockinRobin1 Offline
#151 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:36:30 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Ladies, just wanted you to see what our very own KauiMelody a/k/a ArtPaperFiber a/k/a Melody made for Valentine's Day.

http://cricutfanatics.bl...02/valentine-riddle.html

She's so talented and I bet she doesn't have ANY craftastrophies.LOL LOL LOL

QOD: What has been your biggest craftastrophy (crafting catastrophy)?
I recently used the Word Collage cartridge and was cutting a Halloween collage to make a floating frame. I also cut a pumpkin to put on the background. Well, first that cart is hard to weed the vinyl from, second, I forgot that vinyl and paper do not get along and I messed the whole thing up. Learned my lesson...cut vinyl backwards and put on top frame glass, then put any paper on bottom frame glass.Blushing

Edited by user Friday, February 08, 2013 8:41:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
JeanP on 2/8/2013(UTC), artfibermelody on 2/9/2013(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#152 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 10:53:34 AM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Kelley I hope you don't think this is too fast but here is my altered mouse trap for JessieG.

I had so much fun doing it. I did it slowly in stages and mulled over what I wanted to do so I didn't rush. I hope she likes it. I love it personally. I will be mailing it either today or tomorrow. BigGrin
MOgoggingirl attached the following image(s):
altered mouse trap 1.jpg
altered mouse trap 2.jpg
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
Jessie G on 2/8/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#153 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 12:05:54 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Mogoggingirl - that's okay with finishing early. I didn't see any pics, but it could be that I am on my work computer.

KM/APF - Love the challenge blog. Great job on the Valentine's day themed items. Robin - thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for being active and posting.

I think I am taking one more week off from crafting before starting. I hurt my shoulder some how, whether it is carpal tunnel (sp?) or a pinched nerve - not sure. The pain travels from sholder through arm (where it bends at the elbow) then into my wrist and fingers. Haven't had it checked out yet - need to do that.

K
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
artfibermelody on 2/9/2013(UTC)
Jessie G Offline
#154 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:08:46 PM(UTC)
Jessie G

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MOgoggingirl Go to Quoted Post
Kelley I hope you don't think this is too fast but here is my altered mouse trap for JessieG.

I had so much fun doing it. I did it slowly in stages and mulled over what I wanted to do so I didn't rush. I hope she likes it. I love it personally. I will be mailing it either today or tomorrow. BigGrin

I love it! I haven't started yours yet...done some thinking. I hope I can do as good as you did!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#155 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 4:36:20 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
MOgoggingirl, that is a very lovely mousetrap! Nice job!

Robin, thanks for sharing that link for Melody's valentine goodies. Super job Melody! It's just all so pretty and pink!

and Robin, Melody has had atleast one craft-castrophe that I remember. I wish I could remember the specifics...she'll have to fill you in...but remember when she posted pics of that awful looking thing with a coat hanger (I think) and crumpled paper and other "stuff"?

I just remember I laughed all day over that picture she was posting in response to something I may have requested in the first round of the No Excuse swap....

MOgoggingirl Offline
#156 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:20:04 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jessie G Go to Quoted Post
I love it! I haven't started yours yet...done some thinking. I hope I can do as good as you did!

I mailed it out today so you should have it by the middle of next week. I asked for DC# but they said it comes with it automatically so I am thinking they are referring to the label # which is
9574 2103 5008 3039 4933 24. I am glad you like it. It really does look better than the pictures.BigGrin
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
Jessie G on 2/8/2013(UTC)
artfibermelody Offline
#157 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:50:38 PM(UTC)
artfibermelody

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Robin, Kelley and Gynne, thank you for the craft love!!! Sending it right back at you.Wub Wub Wub

I wil try to post the pic from Gynne's swap if I can find it. I remember we both had a good chuckle over it. . .

What is going on with the sign in to these boards??? Spent all morning trying to sign in and finally just opened a new account to get on.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:25:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#158 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:09:05 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: MOgoggingirl Go to Quoted Post
I mailed it out today so you should have it by the middle of next week. I asked for DC# but they said it comes with it automatically so I am thinking they are referring to the label # which is
9574 2103 5008 3039 4933 24. I am glad you like it. It really does look better than the pictures.BigGrin

the post office got rid of dc#'s now they just automatically give you a number and include it in the price.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#159 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:39:09 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Well, I pulled off all the hardware on my trap, covered it with my paper and put the needed hardware back on.

It was a pain to do! lol I don't see how those that are buying rat traps could ever take it totally apart and put back together without hurting themselves.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever alter another trap, that I will only remove the hardware I don't need on there and then just do some slicing to slip my paper around the staples/hardware.

Just saying...

But I'm really more concerned about those working with rat traps! I don't think you should remove the springy thing at all!
craftymomof2 Offline
#160 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:04:47 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Evelyn, I am working on your mouse trap this weekend. I am really enjoying working on it! Hope you have a great weekend!!!!

Hugs, Lana
Jrcreate Offline
#161 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:58:37 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Cricut Junky, Do you want only brown or are touches of another color ok? Let me know as my mojo is a little out of whack and I really want you to like what you are getting!
Jeanene
trvkladd Offline
#162 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:14:57 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi to Melody~ Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Friday was my 21st Anniversary so DH took the whole weekend off to spend time with me. He NEVER does that so it's been a great weekend. Looking forward to getting started on this one soon.

I've got a plan in place so it shouldn't be too difficult to complete! Little worried about taking the trap apart but other than that it'll be fine. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Have a great Sunday, ladies

~Rebecca

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:20:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ksqueenb Offline
#163 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:46:42 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

United States

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 185 post(s)
MOgoggingirl great job on the mousetrap. You're quick, I haven't started yet. I had my sister in town over the weekend to work on wedding and shower invitations for my niece. I'm exhausted so I will work on this during this week.

Artpapermelody - Very pretty valentine ensemble.
RockinRobin1 Offline
#164 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:46:21 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Mogoggingirl - that's okay with finishing early. I didn't see any pics, but it could be that I am on my work computer.

KM/APF - Love the challenge blog. Great job on the Valentine's day themed items. Robin - thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for being active and posting.

I think I am taking one more week off from crafting before starting. I hurt my shoulder some how, whether it is carpal tunnel (sp?) or a pinched nerve - not sure. The pain travels from sholder through arm (where it bends at the elbow) then into my wrist and fingers. Haven't had it checked out yet - need to do that.

K

Kelley...I hate to say it but it sounds like carpal tunnel. I've had both hands done (at the same time no less) and that was my original symptoms, especially numbing in my fingers and climbing up to my arm. You really have to watch how you sit at work and use the computer. The law firm I worked covered it under workers' compensation...mostly because they would never correct my working situation (I sat the receptionist desk and computer was not cohesive to working with on that type of desk). You really should have it checked by a neurologist just to make sure.
KelleyRooks Offline
#165 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:48:51 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Mogogirl -great job on the trap. I love the little details you added to make it more special.

So has everyone exchanged info and "chatted" with their partner?

QOD: What was the project you had the most FUN making?

RockinRobin1 Offline
#166 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:53:31 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Well, I pulled off all the hardware on my trap, covered it with my paper and put the needed hardware back on.

It was a pain to do! lol I don't see how those that are buying rat traps could ever take it totally apart and put back together without hurting themselves.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever alter another trap, that I will only remove the hardware I don't need on there and then just do some slicing to slip my paper around the staples/hardware.

Just saying...

But I'm really more concerned about those working with rat traps! I don't think you should remove the springy thing at all!

Gwynne...I watched a video (see link) where the girl paints the mousetrap and then just embellishes the heck out of the rest of it.BigGrin That's my intention so I don't have to take it all apart.Cool

http://www.youtube.com/w...edded&v=ofnsqpLPMGw#!
KelleyRooks Offline
#167 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:04:35 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: RockinRobin1 Go to Quoted Post
Kelley...I hate to say it but it sounds like carpal tunnel. I've had both hands done (at the same time no less) and that was my original symptoms, especially numbing in my fingers and climbing up to my arm. You really have to watch how you sit at work and use the computer. The law firm I worked covered it under workers' compensation...mostly because they would never correct my working situation (I sat the receptionist desk and computer was not cohesive to working with on that type of desk). You really should have it checked by a neurologist just to make sure.

that isn't good news...it is cutting in to my crafting.Crying

Gwynne - it can be done safely, but you have to be super careful with the stronger traps. i hold the spring down while i put the clips back on. I almost think it is safer to make a larger work surface on the mouse trap versus using the rat trap. I do have an example i will post later.

CricutCrazy Offline
#168 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:05:58 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 541 post(s)
Hi Kel - Hope you are feeling better...It sounds to me like you have Brachial Complex Impingement. THis is strain upon the nerves which run from the anterior shoulder joint and feed down through the elbow and of course into the hand. The remedy ? REST ! Wearing a splint at night is helpful. Applying moist heat from the front of your shoulder down the whole arm can help, also properly applied massage and trigger point therapy. Just come on over to my office and I will fix you up in no time !! LOL I wont even charge you !

If its okay with you I am going to first try to see what I can do without the hardware removal as I cannot take a chance on injuring my hands. I think I can do it..if it doesnt look wonderful I will try to get my DH to take off the hardware for me. He will think I am nuts !

Have a great week everyone !

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/10/2013(UTC)
Sumrbrez Offline
#169 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:16:40 PM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 210 post(s)
Just checking in
ScrappinGwen Offline
#170 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:42:17 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Regarding pulling apart these traps....I had some time to waste this early afternoon so decided to pull apart my second trap just to try out a different idea I'm considering - so I pulled off the hardware but when I did, a tiny little piece of wood splintered off around the one hole.

I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the hardware to stay put after I papered it and put the hardware back on...used that 6000 glue even...but no way would the staples stay inserted in the hole for me. That teenie tiny piece chipping off just made the hole "not right".

So you really do want to be careful to not make the holes too big after you pull out the staple. I had used my piercing tool to poke the hole open on the paper I had covered it with and I probably reamed out the hole too much which didn't help the matter with that chip also coming off.

The things we learn from a mouse trap!!!! lol

I think next time I alter a trap I will just cut my paper in half so the seam runs underneath the spring and no one will ever notice once all the embellies are on it too. Or I also think painting it is a great idea and then you can piece on some paper the way you see fit. I don't ever see myself pulling out the staples that hold the spring again! lol

But after all my frustration and whining...I am definitely enjoying the process of altering a mousetrap. Can't deny that!

artfibermelody Offline
#171 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:48:44 PM(UTC)
artfibermelody

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please bear with me with all these account changes. It is the only way I can get on.
demmer993462475657 Offline
#172 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 1:19:19 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
Gywnne my mouse trap also splintered when I gently pried the hardware off. Good thing we had an 8 pack in the attic....unused and still in plastic, that is. Gonna try it with the spring intact also.

Denise
cricutjunky Offline
#173 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 1:24:11 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Jrcreate, you will probably think I'm nuts, but Just brown is great, It can be different shades of brown, or like a cream color, that's my favorite, but hey if you want to throw a little of your own touch of color go for it, your own touches will be what makes this really special.
CoyoteKim Offline
#174 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:05:09 PM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I finally remembered to put mouse traps on my shopping list and pick them up today! Now I can start on Scrappydew's.

I've been crafting away this weekend on a big project for myself. I'll move onto the trap when I finish it.

Thanks for all of the little tidbits of info on taking these apart. Now I'm nervous to do it!!Huh
 1 user thanked CoyoteKim for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/11/2013(UTC)
cricutjunky Offline
#175 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:22:02 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)

Gywnne, I left the hardware on mine, i just took off the little cheese piece, it was so much easier that way.
mogogginsgirl that trap is Super Cute, love all the buttons.

QOD: What was the project you had the most FUN making? Gosh, I've made so many things...... I love to make Mini albums, those are alot of fun,.

Jrcreat, I think i'm finished with your mouse trap, i'm gonna hold off mailing just to be sure.

Kel, sorry to hear about your pain, I feel for you. I was in a car wreck and my car got pushed up on a curb, yes it was a big truck, from the drivers door and did some damage to my shoulder, my doctor said the my Carpel Tunnel is making it worse, so it does affect your whole arm, hope you feel better soon, GO SEE A DOCTOR!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#176 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:09:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Impossible to choose just one! lol

But the 2 page LO for chefkimmo regarding "a good lookin' guy in wranglers" always comes to mind first! I just knew it would put a huge smile on her face!
JeanP Offline
#177 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:25:54 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 733 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

Impossible to choose just one! lol

But the 2 page LO for chefkimmo regarding "a good lookin' guy in wranglers" always comes to mind first! I just knew it would put a huge smile on her face!

Speaking of Kim, where has she dissappeared to?????

I think my most fun was my first paint can. I decorated it like a room in a house complete with a Christmas tree with toys underneath, fireplace with hanging stockings and boots on the hearth, front door with nutcrackers on either side, wooden floors, wallpaper, and I used my own picture in a frame for on the wall.
Sumrbrez Offline
#178 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:25:34 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 210 post(s)
JCI - have mouse trap - time to create something wonderful for my partner.
KelleyRooks Offline
#179 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:35:37 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Let's take a vote on the swap for the next round:

1. Dollar store challenge - you can buy something from the $1 store, thrift store, garage sale and alter - has to be under a dollar.

2. Altered Silverware - spoon, fork, knife, or serving utensil - anything they come out really cool. This was going to be up next when we had to move everything up.

3. Altered bottle, jar, or container

Thanks,

K

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:22:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb Offline
#180 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi all. Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Rita
 1 user thanked SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/12/2013(UTC)