Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
AcrossThePond Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:37:43 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Good Morning Everyone,

I am pleased to be hosting again for this week. Thanks again to Gisele for last week and for everyone hanging in there with all the problems. If you couldn't post your cards last week why not try again just so we can all enjoy them.

Right then this weeks challenge is made up of 3 parts BigGrin . You can make 3 different cards or just one with all the elements on it. What ever you do have fun with it.

1. Make a guy card......come on I know we all love doing those.

2. Make a collage card.

3. Use a "word" cut from one of your Cricut cartridges and make it one you haven't used before.

If anyone would like a sketch I offer these 2 The first is from My Favorite Things and the second is from Unscripted Sketches. Do go to their site to take a peek at the fab work of the Design Teams.

I do hope you have fun with these challenges as I think they pose plenty of opportunities for some great cards or home decor.

Sue.
[img]null[/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:40:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 2/6/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/6/2013(UTC), Gisele on 2/6/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:09:56 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Thanks Sue for hosting this week, what great challenges you have made for us.

Now my hubby got sick so we had to postpone our Vegas tripCrying Sad till later this month so hope to play along this week
DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:35:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is feeling better and keeping warm.

Sue...Loved the two sketches. I'm familiar with the MFT website, but not the Unscripted site. I'll have to check them out.

Here's the colors for this week.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/6/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:30:13 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Sue,
Thanks for Hosting again this week, I think you have given us a fun and interesting challenge and sketches. I have a question.....Is this just a two-card challenge or do we make the two sketches and then a third of our own choosing? Sorry, for not understanding.Unsure Unsure

Dee,
Thanks for the Ad Colors for this week. Nice color combo with Valentine's just around the corner!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 2/6/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:14:27 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Sue thankyou for hosting, nice sketches.

Dee , wow love those colors thankyou.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 2/6/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/6/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:48:54 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Sue,
Thanks for Hosting again this week, I think you have given us a fun and interesting challenge and sketches. I have a question.....Is this just a two-card challenge or do we make the two sketches and then a third of our own choosing? Sorry, for not understanding.Unsure Unsure

Dee,
Thanks for the Ad Colors for this week. Nice color combo with Valentine's just around the corner!

Hi, no problem.

You could say you could make 5 cardsBlink . One for each of the 3 points plus the two sketches. or Bang all 3 points on one card and then make the two sketches.

I have made 2 cards already just haven't taken the photos yet as it is dark here now and hubby not here to do it for meBigGrin Blushing . My first uses point 1+2 and the second is a guy card. I have to make a word card next and then I will move on to the sketches if I get time.

Hope this helps.
Sue

AcrossThePond Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:52:17 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Sue for hosting this week, what great challenges you have made for us.

Now my hubby got sick so we had to postpone our Vegas tripCrying Sad till later this month so hope to play along this week

NanaDonna,

I am so sorry to hear your hubby is now poorly, I do hope he feels better soon. Best not to go all that way and not be 100%.
Looking forward to what you come up with for the challenges.
Sue

AcrossThePond Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:57:19 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - Lovely colours for this weeks ad colour challenge. I hope to use them as I do have a girly card to make.

Thanks Sue.

Btw Raquel is having a difficult time of it at the mo, she still can't log on but she is able to peek in.

1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 2/6/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:28:19 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I'm new to posting my cards... (Just posted my 1st card forum card today. Please check it out)

New to RAQ challenges in general.

Been enjoying everyones creations for awhile.

I have a question.
Do you have to use the ad colors or is that a suggestion?

Hope to have time to make some cards for this RAQ challenge. It would be my first.

D-
TurtleBug Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:39:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: AcrossThePond Go to Quoted Post

Hi, no problem.
You could say you could make 5 cardsBlink . One for each of the 3 points plus the two sketches. or Bang all 3 points on one card and then make the two sketches.
I have made 2 cards already just haven't taken the photos yet as it is dark here now and hubby not here to do it for meBigGrin Blushing . My first uses point 1+2 and the second is a guy card. I have to make a word card next and then I will move on to the sketches if I get time.

Hope this helps.
Sue[b]

Sue,
Thanks for replying to my question so soon! Yes, it does clarify it better for me, love all the options I have now. Hope to get started on them and posted soon before this MB decides to go bonkers on us again!LOL

AcrossThePond on 2/7/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:20:32 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Sue - Thanks for hosting this week! Some great ideas to challenge our creativity and good sketches too to help us along. I do have 2 male birthdays in March so the timing is good! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Dee - Thanks for the great ad colours! Also, what a wonderful card that you created for Sketch #1 last week. Love the colour combination and all of the little details!

Donna - sorry that your DH is not feeling well and your trip is postponed!

Dragonfly - Welcome and glad you are joining in! I wasn't sure where you posted your first card so I couldn't comment on it. As for the ad colours - it is only a suggestion for one of your cards. There are no "hard rules" here. Interpret the sketches as you'd like and please share a photo so we can share our comments. A very fun and positive group here!

Raquel - If you're reading this hope the training is going well and the packing too!
 3 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 2/6/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/6/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 2/7/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:30:28 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Sue - Thanks for hosting this week! Some great ideas to challenge our creativity and good sketches too to help us along. I do have 2 male birthdays in March so the timing is good! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Dee - Thanks for the great ad colours! Also, what a wonderful card that you created for Sketch #1 last week. Love the colour combination and all of the little details!

Donna - sorry that your DH is not feeling well and your trip is postponed!

Dragonfly - Welcome and glad you are joining in! I wasn't sure where you posted your first card so I couldn't comment on it. As for the ad colours - it is only a suggestion for one of your cards. There are no "hard rules" here. Interpret the sketches as you'd like and please share a photo so we can share our comments. A very fun and positive group here!

Raquel - If you're reading this hope the training is going well and the packing too!

It is a thank you card. I posted it on the card forum and on the chat forum.

I want to say that this did get my crafting mojo going. I hope to get a card or two complete for this challenge. I'll post them here when I do.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!
D-
DeeScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:07:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Denise....so sorry that I didn't say that using the colors were optional. I didn't get to them last week and I posted them! LOL. The object is to have fun and post what we do. I'll try to view your card. Hope you join us this week.

Nanna Donna....feeling better? How about your hubby? Do you have any photos from the birthday party?

Raquel....good luck with the moving.

I have a card to post which uses the ad colors and is sketch #1...but I'm not sure if I can post it. Photobucket was giving me a hard time. If the card isn't here, I'll post it tomorrow.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/6/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:10:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!,
Rushing to get my cards done....off to Phoenix for the week-end AGAIN!! My precious DGS has a week-end Soccer Tournament there.
Well, Photobucket is INSISTING we switch over to their new format, so it took me a while to get acclimated with it and get this card ready to post on here. Hope it won't post too big and all will turn out right....here goes!

My Sketch Card #1 in a Guy Card and One New Word Challenges:

Lucky - Alphalicious Cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Houndstooth" folder
Banner - Artiste Cartridge
The small "You" is an acrylic stamp from a collection from Michael's, which I stamped with StazOn Black ink. The Brads and leaves are metal, and added maroon Skittles and a metal chain for the vertical border.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:37:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 on 2/7/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:20:30 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Well, the card posted BigGrin

I again used some of the K&C Valentine paper. I really like this stack. The heart border is from a two-part die set by Die Namics, as is the fishtail cut. I used a little bit of regular embroidery thread.

Thanks for looking.

Dee

Turtlebug.....I just noticed that you were posting. Have a nice weekend away. Love the card with all the embossing. Oops, just realize you said the leaves were metal. The chain is perfect.
BingoLady Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:40:34 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
I made my # 2 sketch with all the pieces of Xmas paper.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 053.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:39:35 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Here is my very first RAQ sketch challenge card. (My first challenge card ever)

Sketch #2. Ad colors, collage

Hope you like it.
D-

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:46:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edit

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
Valentine collage card.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:30:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

DeeScraps
#1& Ad Colors - Like the ticket printed paper and all the hearts. The embroidery thread wrapped around the Banner looks really nice. The hearts border complements the whole card nicely, too. Great Valentine's card!!

Dragonfly50
Sorry, but your card is not showing. Has a red "X" and when I clicked on the link nothing came up. Hope I get to see your creations since we are all so happy to see you join this great group of people.

BingoLady
Can't view your cards either...will check back later.Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:31:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:24:33 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Colors:

Be You - Stamping Cartridge
Embossing - CuttleBug "Swiss Dots" folder
Purple BG and Printed Paper - Was gifted to me by BingoLady just today, I liked them so much I decided to use both on this card. THANKS Lydia!!
Added a bow to the pink metal Star brad, all the strips were hand-cut.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:03:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:08:41 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - I love your card using sketch #1 and the ad colours. Papers as you say are lush. Thanks for the info on the boarder as that was to be my next questionBigGrin . Btw I loved your last card for last week, loads going on.

Turtlebug - Have a great time in Phoenix.
Great card using #1, guy card and word challenge. I love the warm colours, the chain is a great idea as are the brads too. Like the touch of embossing.
Cute card for #2 sketch and the ad colours, like that BG paper.

Bingolady - Great card using sketch #2, just what I had in mind. Did you go over to their blog to see what other did with it? I like those holes at the top right to peek the snow.

Dragonfly - Welcome to our challenge spot. Lovely card for sketch #2. Nice matting there so clean. Hope you keep coming back.

Sue.[size=9][/size]
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/7/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/7/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:17:40 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

Well here is my Guy Card. This has been made for an order and is 5x8 in size. I used SB for the Dad. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket and I have had them years. The button/brads I was given. The sentement is off a sheet of Kaisercraft 12x12 paper. The balloon stamp is an oldie too I stamped and cut out the 3 balloons and added them in layers.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:28:50 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

[img]null[/img]

This my collage card. Again it is for an order and is the same size as the last 5x8.
The BG paper is K&Co, I stiched on the paper using grey floss then added the gold peeloffs.
The main stamp is from Just Rite and was a Christmas giftBigGrin , I stamped in clear and embossed with black Wow embossing powders. I inked the edges and coloured in the dispatch stamp and the GB bit on the map. I then re-inked the pocket watch in clear and embossed with extra fine gold powder by Cosmic Shimmer and cut it out and mounted it on top.
I wrapped the gold thread around the top and added a swirl brad and 2 Espana Peseta on the chain. Matted on blue and added to card using foam pads.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:31:29 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

I couldn't make my mind up as if I liked this shot or the lighter one so I added this too, hope you don't mind.

Sue

[img]null[/img]

VickieBryan1 Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:32:03 AM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
here are trheee cards. I thought the red Ladybug or the Cupid bear could be used for a male card. All cuts CAC2 and the Teddy Bear Parade cart is the cartridge that I used for the cuts. The inside phrase is from CAC2. The word love is also from CAC2

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:54:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked VickieBryan1 for this useful post.
VickieBryan1 Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:59:44 AM(UTC)
VickieBryan1

United States

Was thanked: 589 time(s) in 401 post(s)
here is two more from CAC2 one with the ad colors.

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:03:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked VickieBryan1 for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Online
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:11:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Denise

Nanna Donna....feeling better? How about your hubby? Do you have any photos from the birthday party?

Dee

Ha ha ha Dee you asked for it, Here are some pictures from Emma's 2nd birthday party
This one is Emma with Bingolady's youngest granddaughter

Here is all the kids that were ate her party, Emma had a blast running around with all of them. 7 of the kids are Lydia's grandkids 2 are Josie's grandkids

And then here is Emma later that night

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:12:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:53:27 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Vickie - Thanks for posting all your valentine cards, boy you girls have to make a lot. I don't send any!!
Love all the cute critters on the first group and the clouds on the second lot.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:55:35 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

NanaDonna - Thanks for posting your lovely photo's from Emma's party last week. She looks like she had a great time and was pooped out by the evening.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Hi all and here is my card using the 3rd part of the first challenge.

The card is 4x8 in size and it is for me to give a lady who has helped my son. I used the cut from Paper Lace and in shadow. The BG paper is from Kaisercraft which is double-sided and the small strip at the top shows the other side.
I ran a strip of ribbon to cover the join but I may add a bow now I see it on the photo. The flourish and flower are Spellbinders. I added the pink glue dots and yellow pearl to the flower center. I thought I'd add the buttons too as the lady is quite young and I think would like them.

Sue

AcrossThePond Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:09:06 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Hi Sorry me again,

I am afraid I will have to leave you for a few days as My Mum is unwell and I need to go see her. I am hoping Sandy will look out for everything whilst I am away. Fingers crossed I shall be back on by Tue morning.
They live in North Wales and don't have the Internet so I can't pop in to see you all.

Anyway have fun with the crafting till I get back.

Sue